Super Moderator

Default EXCLUSIVE: DC Comics' "Batman Eternal" Feburary Solicits, Cover Art

Check out an exclusive first look at the February solicitations for DC Comics' "Batman Eternal" weekly series, plus Ethan Van Sciver's #44 cover.

Full article here.

Boring solicits. If I wasn't already committed to this series, there is nothing in those solicits that says "Buy Me". Just my opinion.

All-New Member

Don't want to start a new thread about it & as is said above, these solicits aren't that exciting for a new reader. But with the tpb being released, what I ask current readers is:

Is Batman eternal worth reading? From what I heard it starts really well but it sounds like it's fading as the series goes on.

I'm torn on whether I should start buying the tpb or not.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Yuvie View Post
    Don't want to start a new thread about it & as is said above, these solicits aren't that exciting for a new reader. But with the tpb being released, what I ask current readers is:

Is Batman eternal worth reading? From what I heard it starts really well but it sounds like it's fading as the series goes on.

Ehhh... not really. The writing and art are really inconsistent. It's not a sharp and focused story from the minds of one or two creators. If you already know the plot points that set up the new status quos, then it's really not worth catching up on, if I'm to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuvie View Post

If you're into the old big event sagas like Hush, Knightfall, NML then yeah, definitely grab Eternal. I do agree it's begun to feel a bit same every issue but that's mainly because the various introduction plots are all out of the way and are now merging together.

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    Boring solicits. If I wasn't already committed to this series, there is nothing in those solicits that says "Buy Me". Just my opinion.
    What would you rather they say? A new reader has no business picking up the 44th issue of a 52 issue series in the first place. We're practically done at this point.

i really thought they would have more consistent art.

is it too hard to get an artist to do 3 issues in a row?
    it is?
    OK how bout a 2 parter?

I don't understand why we are getting a new artist every issue.

Cause its probably hard to draw an issue in just one week.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    "No, Homer, most cartoons aren't done live. It's a terrible strain on the animators' wrists."

I'm finding that in only buying the issues Stephanie Brown appears in, I'm able to follow the story surprisingly well. Gordon framed, Hush behind it but not really, Bard crooked, Alfred captured and saved, martial law, Bat-storehouses blowing up. Boom, done.

Granted I don't know anything about what's going on with Batwing or the Spectre or Deacon Blackfire, but those appear to mostly not be that important to the overall narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lucky One View Post
    "No, Homer, most cartoons aren't done live. It's a terrible strain on the animators' wrists."

I'm finding that in only buying the issues Stephanie Brown appears in, I'm able to follow the story surprisingly well. Gordon framed, Hush behind it but not really, Bard crooked, Alfred captured and saved, martial law, Bat-storehouses blowing up. Boom, done.

Granted I don't know anything about what's going on with Batwing or the Spectre or Deacon Blackfire, but those appear to mostly not be that important to the overall narrative.
    I like Eternal, and i've read every issue so far, but what you said is true.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    ok smartass, ever here of working ahead?
    They could have gotten artists to complete 2 or 3 issues months ahead.

Fabok and Dustin Nguyen did earlier in the series.

Nick Bradshaw is doing the first 3 issues in the Wolverine weekly
    Last edited by Nick Miller; 11-17-2014 at 10:50 AM.