Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    I enjoyed the movie.

Push them to hard, and I will start to hate them.

Just let them grow naturally.

Spiderman, Hulk, Wolverine, Iron Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, ETC. all became popular because they struck a chord with so many people, not because they got some mass marketing push to shove them in everybody's face.
    It's funny because this is kind of where things were with Deadpool. Marvel spent years trying to make him happen, and now his solo book sells substantially better since they trimmed down their Deadpool offerings. Rather than force him to happen, they put out a product that connected with readers with Marvel NOW and gave them the room to slowly expand over the course of two years.

His ongoing has consistently sold upwards of 40K since launch and his companion minis sell in the 30K range.

I'm sure putting him in non-print media also helped a bit.

On a side note, I love that Marvel continues to feature Kamala on various covers, right alongside all of the big name characters. I guess she represents the younger generation for Marvel now.
    Last edited by Ceebiro; 11-14-2014 at 11:53 AM.

It's a good thing a dead horse can't scream as it's being beat.

Astonishing Member

I am looking forward to the Man-Thing/Groot team-up issue.

I also hope that Marvel finally reintroduces Cammi to Drax. It has been much too long for them not to even mention it.

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    And if they have obscure character team ups? I'll get excited. But seeing how Bendis rarely does that and only brings back obscure faces just to kill off, I don't see why I should get excited for this book.
    I share your sentiment. Judging by the promo image if those are the characters Bendis will be teaming the GOTG up with, it's a pass for me. I'd love to see a Ghost Rider team-up, but not by Bendis. He'd butcher him. Any remotely obscure character he uses, he butchers somehow, whether it be bad characterization, continuity mistakes or generally a bad showing.

I hope Marvel doesn't milk this franchise too much.

I may get the first issue, just for the Art Adams cover, but apart from that, I'm wondering why we need this title at all, or a Rocket/She Hulk romance, for that matter. I'm getting "Howard the Duck" flashbacks from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    I enjoyed the movie.

Push them to hard, and I will start to hate them.

Just let them grow naturally.

Spiderman, Hulk, Wolverine, Iron Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, ETC. all became popular because they struck a chord with so many people, not because they got some mass marketing push to shove them in everybody's face.
    I mean, what ever happened to the GIANT ROSTER of GOTG members? Do we have to wait til 2017 when those characters appear in the movie to join in the comics?

What is wrong with Black Widow's back?
    How about Alex?

once Venom leaves the Guardians im leaving the Guardians

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

This is not a book I wanted. Its bad enough, what Bendis is doing with the current book, but now they give him a second book!? If we had to have a GotG Team-Up book then fine but having Bendis write it out is totally redundant. To be honest though, I'd much rather they try and capitalize on the current cosmic success with an Annihilatirs book or SWORD or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinglepants View Post
    This is not a book I wanted. Its bad enough, what Bendis is doing with the current book, but now they give him a second book!? If we had to have a GotG Team-Up book then fine but having Bendis write it out is totally redundant. To be honest though, I'd much rather they try and capitalize on the current cosmic success with an Annihilatirs book or SWORD or something.
    Maybe when Annihilators 2024 hits theatres.

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    Its like Marvel has a deal with them for the best artists. I wish they would spread them out a bit
    That actually is the case for the bigger wheels at most comic book companies...particularly at Marvel as of late.
    Guys that have pull there like a Loeb or a Bendys won't sign on for a project unless the artist is A-list.
    I recall Bendys said he only took on the GotG gig because Alonso begged him to and said they'd give him Steve McNiven.

It's kind of why nowadays when I see really awesome art featured on a Marvel title I tend to expect the story inside to be mostly sub-par.
    Whereas sweet art used to sell me on a book now it's kind of a repellent to me, and that's all because recently its' been REALLY blatant that the art is covering for a story that is truly lacking. It's always a shame to see such amazing talents squandered on such obvious ego fueled cash-ins.

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

I LIKE when cosmic stays cosmic.

It's a beautiful respite for those of us sick to death over the usual gang of Avengers and the usual X-men (storm seems to be replacing Logan as the overexposed x-character spread out everywhere) they trot out for every little thing that goes on.

By all means, let's see MORE of the same old same old.

Bendis is completely off as to why people liked Marvel cosmic in the first place. The scope, the imagination, the vastness of character - that's what it's all about. Not a homogenous, confined small cast that keeps interacting with each other, now in space (for whatever reason).

For example, 30 issues into his GotG run, how many cosmic characters has he used? How many new cosmic characters has he introduced? He certainly seems to enjoy using the mass Badoon as an all-purpose threat, but who cares if you keep trotting them out as the defacto baddie being bad?

At any rate, it looks like his "Utopians" thing is never going to get out of the planning stages.
    Last edited by Park Slope Pixie; 11-14-2014 at 02:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pixie_solanas View Post
    I LIKE when cosmic stays cosmic.

It's a beautiful respite for those of us sick to death over the usual gang of Avengers and the usual X-men (storm seems to be replacing Logan as the overexposed x-character spread out everywhere) they trot out for every little thing that goes on.

By all means, let's see MORE of the same old same old.

Bendis is completely off as to why people liked Marvel cosmic in the first place. The scope, the imagination, the vastness of character - that's what it's all about. Not a homogenous, confined small cast that keeps interacting with each other, now in space (for whatever reason).

For example, 30 issues into his GotG run, how many cosmic characters has he used? How many new cosmic characters has he introduced? He certainly seems to enjoy using the mass Badoon as an all-purpose threat, but who cares if you keep trotting them out as the defacto baddie being bad?

At any rate, it looks like his "Utopians" thing is never going to get out of the planning stages.
    Honestly, people are gonna get so sick of the same characters. You all think I'm blowing smoke, but people do get bored of the same stuff over and over.

Bendis, Humphries, and Black Vortex? Yeah, Ill avoid this booknlike the plague.

Already dropped Guardians, Starlord, and Nova for the horrible.characterizations and bad continuity. The last thing we need is another book about these characters written by the same guy in decompressed stories with no direction.

Also, Marvel Cosmic should be cosmic, not tied to earth and its over population of heroes.

Hoping Gamora is a good book. Otherwise its only Silver Surfer and G3000 for me.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-