Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    Morrison changed him quite a lot from what he was before the reboot,so why not change him even more (jk...kinda).
    I liked the old Comet as well; Mystery in Space was a fun series. But Morrison gets a pass to completely re-imagining the character because it was a fresh continuity where things, by design, are meant to be different. It took me a little while to warm up to the changes Morrison made actually (I did, it just took a bit). But it was a fresh continuity, what is being done here (so far of course) does not have that luxury and is instead just writing him out of character.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    But the book was really enjoyable I only think it's fair not to get down on it too much for a few off lines from a previously established character. So I'll just hold off for now.
    Totally agreed with everything. But this part right here....you know, its really nice that the only thing we have to *complain* about is that a secondary supporting character, who had a total of three lines in the issue, seems off. Its not even a complaint so much as an observation, and none of us are whining about it so much as wondering whether there's more to it than just a writer scraping what came before.

Honestly, this is all pretty high praise for a message board community.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I did like this issue, but for me it was pretty much the same as any other. I think a pretty coat of color and a clear, very high concept jump-on point just goes really far with most people.

And yeah, I simply had to overlook the change in Comet.

Best issue I've read since just before... What's his name. You know, that guy that got into the fortes of solitude. Of course I stopped reading about a dozen issues ago.
    Glad to be able to come back to this one.
    Action Comics, Superman/Wonder Woman, Catwoman, Teen Titans, Astro City, Spider-Man 2099, Lazarus, The Maxx: Maxximized, Invader Zim
    There is only one Apocalypse

Spectacular Member

Glad people are digging this issue as much as I did. Hope the creative team sticks around for as long as possible.