Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Lightbulb Original Sin #1 Spoilers and Speculation

ORIGINAL SIN

So I thought #1 was pretty great.

To start this thread off I'm going to just throw out the three main initial suspect(s) that I picked up on from #1, I'm sure you guys will have more to throw in.

So the most obvious are the two characters at the end who are in possession of at least one of Uatu's eyes.

susoects.jpg

These are obviously baddies but whether or not they are responsible or have just benefited from Uatu's death is yet to be seen.

Next - Is actually not from the issue itself but rather from the tease for #2 at the back.

111222333.jpg

This might be the same hooded character from my first set of suspects who's holding Uatu's eye... but it might not. I made this side by side. I'm not the only one seeing similarities right?
    Now this hooded figure in the teaser is holding a glowing light in its hand. The caption makes it sound like the glowing light is just an artistic stylisation of one of Uatu's eyes - But looking at the image on its own, the way the light is positioned exactly in the centre of the chest - even the hood a little bit. It's more than a little similar to the Living Tribunal.

The Living Tribunal was not long ago found dead by Iron Man and Uatu in New Avengers. In this issue (OS1) they allude to the fact that maybe Uatu saw something that he wasn't supposed to see.

Living-Tribunal-Death-New-Avengers-8.jpg

The Living Tribunal's corpse might just be a good early contender for that thing Uatu wasn't supposed to see.

(Continues in second post...)
    Last edited by j505tuppe; 05-11-2014 at 03:27 AM.

Okay. So then.

Last of all there's the guy whom set about Black Pather's squad forming - he seems mighty suspicious to me.

os.jpg

This mystery character who assembled Black Panther's squad (Such an awesome team up btw! I hope they all get together at some point! But I digress!)
    In the one panel showing him - it actually looks like he is holding what appears to be either another shard of the bullet that killed Uatu... or another one of the bullets maybe??

Why would he have that?

Also, his motives are very obscure. He doesn't want Panther's team to find answers, instead wanting them to find the questions they should be asking. He could totally be the bad guy, and the questions he wants them to be asking could easily be ones that screw things up pretty bad for the good guys/ further his own bad guy ambitions. It's odd because they all seem to know who this boss is, and consider him seriously enough to do what he says.

At this point I'm personally stumped as to whom exactly this mystery puppet master is. My only guess at this point actually being Bruce Banner (who has reason to be digging after learning the Illuminati are a team again and not being very happy about it).

It's early but I'm loving this set up. I love it when I can really dig into the mystery of a story and this hasn't let me down.
    Last edited by j505tuppe; 05-11-2014 at 03:29 AM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by j505tuppe View Post
    At this point I'm personally stumped as to whom exactly this mystery puppet master is. My only guess at this point actually being Bruce Banner (who has reason to be digging after learning the Illuminati are a team again and not being very happy about it).

It's early but I'm loving this set up. I love it when I can really dig into the mystery of a story and this hasn't let me down.
    I thought it was implied that it was Nick Fury

OMG how have I missed this.

Was reading up on what "Original Sins" exactly was because I saw that Charles Soule was on writing credit, and find that Ryan freaking North is writing the Young Avengers story contained therein... say wha!! Was I in a coma when this news was released. Awesome! And Soule is also writing an Inhuman story in it.... two of my favorite writers in the same series.

WOW!

And Howard the Duck!!! Lol. That's pretty cool.

This is such an awesome event.

However, i'm kind of frustrated right now because I was looking through future issues in an effort to edit my pre-order list and some of these solicits have too much information contained within... I've found out a few things that i'd prefer I hadn't seen in advance. WTF.

So stoked Ryan North is writing for Marvel on this! his work on Adventure Time/Midas Flesh is splenderific

Original Sins is a new 5 issue companion series with stories too big to fit in the main series,"says Chris D'Lando, launching the call. "Each issue has three stories with top tier creators featuring some of the most highly requested characters we have."

Marvel intends for Original Sins to ship bi-monthly like the main Original Sin title, fitting into the off-weeks between issues to give readers a new Original Sin "fix" every week.

D'Lando then introduced Axel Alonso and Tom Brevoort to the audience. Brevoort says Original Sins will start with a story featuring the Young Avengers going against the Hood. That serial will be written by Ryan North and drawn by Ramon Villalobos, and run over the course of the entire Original Sins series. Also working on this title is creators like Mark Bagley, James Robinson, and even Rick Geary -- a surprise which earned some applause from the press in attendance.

Brevoort promised characters "old and new" will appear in Original Sins, with Alonso chiming in that a Deathlok story in the series is intented to be a "Point One" style lead-in to a future Deathlok solo series. The Deathlok story is by Nathan Edmondson and Mike Perkins, the latter Brevoort says calls Deathlok a "dream job" going back years. The story in Original Sins will re-introduce Deathlok, and his alter-ego Michael Collins, to the "core of the Marvel Universe" Alonso states.

According to Alonso, Deathlok will be one of "four to five" characters Marvel plans on launching ongoing series for out of Original Sin. Marvel also has plans for several of their currently ongoing series to feature "transformations" of its characters with the effects of this line-wide event.

D'Lando then turns to ask the editors about Young Avengers, and Brevoort says that they have a strong fanbase anchored by core teams in its previous two incarnations.

"They're characters that really speak to a certain segment of the audience," says Brevoort. "It was a very logical choice to bring the Young Avengers into the fold as they all have ties to characters at the center of Original Sin."

Changing gears to talk about the creators involved, Brevoort says that many of the creators will be writing stories relating to their ongoing series -- Inhuman writer Charles Soule doing an Inhumans story, Fantastic Four's James Robinson doing a Doctor Doom story, and Amazing Spider-Man's Dan Slott doing a J. Jonah Jameson story. These will be in addition to stories in the tie-ins in those writer's ongoing series.

"In addition to doing stories with bigger characters, there's a Lockjaw story in #1, a Howard the Duck #2 and the J. Jonah Jameson story in #3," Brevoort reveals. "It's about their lives, their paths, their choices, that the Watcher has seen that no one else knows about."

Talk then turns to the Black Knight, who appears in the Original Sins #2 cover. Brevoort states that while the Avengers alum will be featured prominently in the series, there's currently no plans for any of the other MI-13 members in Original Sins at present -- with a caveat.

"The Black Knight has a story in this second issue, but we don't touch on any of the other MI-13 members -- but I don't want to swear on that yet," Brevoort explains. "I'm 85% sure, but there's a 15% chance lightning will strike and we'll use them somewhere."
    Last edited by SXVA; 05-14-2014 at 02:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by VJ. View Post
    I thought it was implied that it was Nick Fury
    The set-up of the story has Fury completely uninvolved. And then he goes along to the moon. If the scene happens in real time with all that stuff it couldn't be him setting up Panther's team.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by j505tuppe View Post
    The set-up of the story has Fury completely uninvolved. And then he goes along to the moon. If the scene happens in real time with all that stuff it couldn't be him setting up Panther's team.
    Panther's teams were set up after Panther got files from the Avengers, I took this to mean after Fury had got involved. However, the author interviews I read on here recently seemed to imply it wasn't him but some other "boss". Do we have enough info to deduce who it is though?

All-New Member

Is there somewwhere where we can find out the tie iins and order of these? Fucking marvel doesnt do that on their website anymore....

Hey a new cover is on Bleedingcool, I won't post the image but I will put up a link. All I can say is, it's interesting.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/05/...r-in-the-wild/

Eh I'm more interested in the Original SinS miniseries than the Original Sin main book. Mainly because in that one we're getting the stories of other secondary characters instead of the established ones in the main book.

Let us hope the covers for Original Sin have nothing to do with their content. Like this one:

spoilers:
    http://www.previewsworld.com/Home/1/...emID=MAY140768
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by jphamlore View Post
    Let us hope the covers for Original Sin have nothing to do with their content. Like this one:

spoilers:
    http://www.previewsworld.com/Home/1/...emID=MAY140768
    end of spoilers
    I think you're going to be disappointed.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Could we be seeing the origin of the 616 version of Hawk-God?

In the original GotG timeline, Hawk-God, the being behind Starhawk/Stakar/Aleta's power killed nearly all of the Watchers.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Why is marvel doing a series called "Original Sin" and then "Original Sins"?...with all the double shipping and gimmicky naming/ renumbering..are they just rying to confuse people into buying their comics? I mean Inhumanity and Inhumans was bad enough...

tell me this is a goof

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by THANOSRULES View Post
    Why is marvel doing a series called "Original Sin" and then "Original Sins"?...with all the double shipping and gimmicky naming/ renumbering..are they just rying to confuse people into buying their comics? I mean Inhumanity and Inhumans was bad enough...

tell me this is a goof
    It doesn't confuse me at all.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by THANOSRULES View Post

tell me this is a goof
    They've been doing this since... what, at least Civil War Frontlines?