Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowras View Post
    There's a Turok#1 coming, will check that out. But I'm passing on the Sovereigns.
    I'll be checking out all the #1's, but can't say I'm too excited.
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics
    Other- The Walking Dead / Mighty Morphin Power Rangers / Go Go Power Rangers

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheFerg714 View Post
    I'll be checking out all the #1's, but can't say I'm too excited.
    Ditto. I follow the Gold Key characters even through this iteration at Dynamite which has been more miss than hit.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Turok's back: https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/05...ries-dynamite/
    This concept sounds kinda interesting glad they're using the Lost Land again.

Astonishing Member

I loved Sovereigns 0-1. After that i tried Magnus 1 and liked it, too.

So now my Question: Do i have to read the older Issues of Solar, Turok and so on...? I started the first 4 Issues of Dynamites Turok story (his origin), but i dont know if its incontiunity, or not...

I was a bit surprised how much better Sovereigns was than Gold Key Alliance but that's not surprising. Getting worse than GKA would've been a feat, they had no where to go but up.
    Magnus was decent and too much time had passed from the Turok tale in Sov#0 to Magnus #1 that it didn't flow for me. I'm going to go back and read both together later.

To answer your question: The prior Dynamite material of these characters is not the same continuity. Read it as standalone, what they are doing with Sovereigns and any material with the GK characters going forward is it's own continuity. Despite that they will reference general character traits that are part&parcel of most any iteration.

Astonishing Member

Thanks for the answer, Captain Craig. I hoped so...

Canadian Curmudgeon Scott M Davis's Avatar

Bought all thee issues last week (Sovs 0-1 and Mags 1) and quite enjoyed them. Magnus was surprisingly good.
    Pull List: Catalyst Prime Titles and Dinosaucers

Pulp and Gold Key solicits for September 2017: https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/06...eptember-2017/
    Very interesting take on Turok he looks more Black than Native American.

By chance I glimpsed the cover for Magnus on Comixology. Intrigud, because I liked Magnus in the past and thought the new concept sound great, I picked the first issue up.
    A good read, will check the others as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowras View Post
    Very interesting take on Turok he looks more Black than Native American.
    This has me SMH as well. Turok could not look any less Native American if the artist tried and it's not just that the colorist messed up. The facial features are just not right.

Magnus is interesting but I'm not solidly just fawning over it. The story feels a bit like the over arching narrative to Avengers A.I. from a few years ago that ran for 12 issues. I may be one of the few who read that whole series. Felt it deserved more of a chance so I'll stay with Magnus for just that reason as well.

Curious about Doctor Spektor's back up story as well.

Well I finished Sovereigns, and liked it a fair amount... it was fun and for sure unique. Can't say it gets me hype to read anything else from DynaKey, but I don't feel like I wasted money.

Just put down Magnus #1 a second ago, and liked that as well. It was a very strange direction to take the character and world in, and I'll probably pick up at least issue 2.

Now what about the other three characters? I thought Chuck Wendig's Hyperion series was hot trash, so I'm not looking forward to trying out Turok (although I probably will at some point), and Aubrey Sitterson (the guy that badmouthed 9/11 mourners) is writing the Doc Spektor back-ups, which makes me want to stop while I'm ahead.

Anyone got any info?

EDIT: Oh, and is there going to be a Solar book? Seems strange to have Turok and Magnus, but not Solar...
    Last edited by TheFerg714; 09-18-2017 at 04:37 AM.
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics
    Other- The Walking Dead / Mighty Morphin Power Rangers / Go Go Power Rangers

Turok #2 - It answers the least mysterious question ever posed--yes, it's his daughter he's trying to save. The flashbacks to Turok(?) and his daughter having once lived in a normal house et al poses the question: how are you two here? It also makes me say, I don't buy that you're really Turok in as much as a guy who usurped the name cause he's wiley. I think upon arriving here in the Lost Land where Time is wonky he heard how feared/respected Turok was and took the name. Then had actions of bravery to ensure no one questioned him that put him place to begin tracking down his daughter. This character has demonstrated he's crafty, cunning, smart and tough but he's a black guy from "regular time" on Earth. He's not THE Turok, especially not the Turok we've seen in Sovereigns. Given we are to make a link between them. In this era of politically correct publishing it makes very little sense to take one very, very under represented ethnicity(Native American heroes) and replace it with another ethnicity that one can't exactly claim is under represented(Black Heroes).
    He's a great character. I'd read a non-titled Turok book with him but he's not Turok. I'm going to keep reading and see where the explanations go.

The Dr. Spektor in training back-ups have been very disappointing.

I get the impression I'm the only one reading the latest version of Dynamites Gold Key titles. Am I right?

Turok #3 was read last night and continues to be a fun read. I'm actually curious if we are going to find out who "Turok" was before he took the name Turok. That's the part of the mystery I'm most intrigued by at this point. It's a foregone conclusion he'll get his daughter back.

The Dr. Spektor back-ups continue to be poor, alas, if the teaser is true in this issue the finale of these Dr. Spektor backups concludes in Magnus next issue.

Astonishing Member

I read Sovereigns and really liked it. Magnus 1 was also good. But i have so much to read right now that i got lost somehow...i have to keep up...

All-New Member

The Magnus mini-series from last year was terrific. I hope they make another one.