Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Probably because they don't know themselves and the zero issue is just an attempt to boost sales in a declining line.

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frogtown View Post
    Probably because they don't know themselves and the zero issue is just an attempt to boost sales in a declining line.
    That could be, or it could be something else. Who knows. Its most likely to get sales up.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

They've been doing zero issues for all of the Gold Key comics (and maybe all of their comics--I don't read anything else other than Flash Gordon, which also has a zero issue already).

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by midas73 View Post
    They've been doing zero issues for all of the Gold Key comics (and maybe all of their comics--I don't read anything else other than Flash Gordon, which also has a zero issue already).
    I am not questioning the 0, I am questioning the secrets. None of the other issue 0's have had there covers and solicitations hidden right?
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

I know it's only 2 issues in, but I love Doctor Spektor. I know his book is only 4 issues, but has anyone heard anymore about plans fort him? Will he be appearing in any other Gold Key books? Any help is greatly appreciated.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    I am not questioning the 0, I am questioning the secrets. None of the other issue 0's have had there covers and solicitations hidden right?
    Gotcha. I'm not sure keeping it top secret will help with sales, but maybe... I would think not disclosing anything about the comic would scare off at least as many people as are intrigued by it. My guess is that the comic will spoil something in the coming issues and they're just trying to prevent that.

For anyone interested, I've been reviewing every Magnus Robot Fighter story ever published and am now completely caught up with the Dynamite series. You can read reviews of this series in any number of place, but I bring a more historical perspective to the series, reading it in the context of everything Magnus that has come before.

If that sounds like your cup of tea, please give it a read and let me know what you think.

By the way, the preview for this week's issue of Doctor Spektor, in which we see that both Magnus and "Gail" (presumably from Doctor Solar) are somehow connected to the Doctor's reality shifting and the destruction of all that will be seems to suggest a major company crossover coming. I'm out of the loop. Has Dynamite announced such a project?

Quote Originally Posted by shaxper View Post
    By the way, the preview for this week's issue of Doctor Spektor, in which we see that both Magnus and "Gail" (presumably from Doctor Solar) are somehow connected to the Doctor's reality shifting and the destruction of all that will be seems to suggest a major company crossover coming. I'm out of the loop. Has Dynamite announced such a project?
    No. The 'secret" Turok #0 could be part of this....

Quote Originally Posted by shaxper View Post
    For anyone interested, I've been reviewing every Magnus Robot Fighter story ever published and am now completely caught up with the Dynamite series. You can read reviews of this series in any number of place, but I bring a more historical perspective to the series, reading it in the context of everything Magnus that has come before.

If that sounds like your cup of tea, please give it a read and let me know what you think.
    Excellent analysis. Well done.

Quote Originally Posted by md62 View Post
    No. The 'secret" Turok #0 could be part of this....

I suppose it's possible -- moving backwards in time and all.

Maybe Dr. Spektor's first arc will just be an anchor for the Gold Key universe as a means of boosting sales for a title that otherwise isn't likely going to last very long.

Quote Originally Posted by md62 View Post
    Excellent analysis. Well done.
    Thanks much!

I stopped short of anticipating where the series is heading next, but I'm tempted to do so. It seems obvious to me, for example, that Van Lente is going to make 1A into a morally questionable character. If he's as perfect as Magnus expects him to be, then the protagonist never really has to do any growing of his own once he finds the backup files. Right now, the game is set up with robots on Clane's team and humans on Ia's. I think Magnus will redraw the lines to represent both robots and humans against Clane's religious institution and 1A's vision for how such a rebellion should be structured.

joehasbeard

You aren't expecting the Matrix-esque "1A is a part of the robots system, in place to generate robot fighters to keep the robot public/resistance in constant balance to preserve the status quo"?

Fantastic Member Bslythegamerguy's Avatar

I'm surprised that the sales and level of excitement for these books is as low as it's been. I seriously thought that the old hardcore Valiant fans would have gotten behind these books much like they did the Valiant relaunch, but it guess since the books don't have the Valiant name on the cover that automatically gives them cooties.

I stopped reading them to trim down space in my monthly stack but had I not I would still be reading these.

The Valiant books aren't doing much better. It's a complete shame that so many quality books are getting produced these days with no or limited audiences.