Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Magnus #7 was supposed to be out Wednesday but didn't ship.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Strange. #7 was in my pull box this week.

Personally, I don't really find books missing their schedule a problem until they start getting months off. A week, even two, is a minor inconvenience, but hardly a big deal for me.
    My Blog | Tumblr
    * Original Join Date: September 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Magnus #7 was supposed to be out Wednesday but didn't ship.
    it came out wednesday...

Quote Originally Posted by MECHANO View Post
    it came out wednesday...
    both Turok and Magnus came out this Wednesday (the 15th)turok was jumbled and weak with some really bad art. ( think pokemon), Magnus was worse, the first few pages looked to be drawn by a five year old, but art was dramatically different for the rest of the issue. Extremely strange, thinking Ill be dropping these titles soon
    Last edited by Aomalle27; 10-19-2014 at 12:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael24 View Post
    I don't know about the others since I'm not following them, but Magnus was launched in March and has released an issue every month since with the exception of August, which was probably because we got an extra issue (#0) in July. That seems pretty consistent to me. Have Turok, Solar and the rest been that much more off-schedule?
    Magnus 6 was a month late (originally 8/13 actual 9/10) and so was Magnus 7. They are now consistently a month off. This is essentially true of the whole line. If they can now get back on track and stay "only " one month behind, we'll at least get new issues every month again which will be OK.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

My shop didn't get Magnus then, gotta ask them about that.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by midas73 View Post
    Magnus 6 was a month late (originally 8/13 actual 9/10) and so was Magnus 7.
    Interesting. I simply figured there was no Magnus in August because we had gotten two issues in July.
    My Blog | Tumblr
    * Original Join Date: September 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Michael24 View Post
    Interesting. I simply figured there was no Magnus in August because we had gotten two issues in July.
    Both 5 and 0 were solicited for July and more or less shipped on time. But that double shipping may be what's done them in. Meanwhile Solar 6, originally scheduled for 9/24/14 will miss its revised ship date of 10/22/14 it appears (at least based on what's in my shipping list at DCBS). Same for the Flash Gordon Annual, by the way.

I was wondering if someone could tell me if Dynamite's Turok is any good? I've gone back and forth on the decision to pick it up.

Quote Originally Posted by TimeCrash View Post
    I was wondering if someone could tell me if Dynamite's Turok is any good? I've gone back and forth on the decision to pick it up.
    Turok is not as good as Magnus, but its an enjoyable read the second arc with the Mongols riding Pterodactyls is kinda like a Romeo and Juliet story with Native Americans.

I like Turok quite a bit. I hadn't realized it at first, but the art in the second arc is by Takeshi Miyazawa, who was the artist of Spider-Man loves Mary Jane. I hadn't seen him around in a while. I find that totally awesome.

Is Solar canceled? Orders for #6-9 have been withdrawn. After Dr Spektor #4 on Nov 5 only Magnus & Turok are solicited thru #10. Scroll down to the end of the page:

http://www.comiclist.com/index.php/l...for-10-22-2014

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by md62 View Post
    Is Solar canceled? Orders for #6-9 have been withdrawn. After Dr Spektor #4 on Nov 5 only Magnus & Turok are solicited thru #10. Scroll down to the end of the page:

I don't think so. I think someone would have said some thing . I will ask the writer.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Well shoot. I hope not. I know a lot of folks in this thread haven't been enamored with Solar, but it's actually probably my favorite of the three ongoing Gold Key titles.

Quote Originally Posted by md62 View Post

This list seems to have info up to the Dec solicits, that's why the last Turok is 10, Magnus is 10 and Solar is 9. DE is as usual late with their Jan solicits.