Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by dornwolf View Post
    That had continuity? That thing was so friggin confusing.
    Hah! Who knows? I'm just guessing they were pulling from the continuity of the original Gold Key runs on the comics. It was a bad idea, poorly executed.

Well, Magnus has been a blast and the 12 issues that we are going to get are going to be great companions to my 90s Valiant collection.

I read this on Crave Online: http://www.craveonline.com/comics/ar...amite-report-4
    Now that the Gold Key books are ending their initial run, will there be a team-up there as well? Or is a relaunch coming soon?

Rybandt: It’s almost like you’re in the office with us, or are we just that obvious? Don’t answer! Yes, after the initial series of Solar, Magnus and Turok, we will be doing a solitary title to start, that will feature a unification of the universe, titles and characters…

So we will be getting a GK team book soon.

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowras View Post
    I read this on Crave Online: http://www.craveonline.com/comics/ar...amite-report-4
    Now that the Gold Key books are ending their initial run, will there be a team-up there as well? Or is a relaunch coming soon?

Rybandt: It’s almost like you’re in the office with us, or are we just that obvious? Don’t answer! Yes, after the initial series of Solar, Magnus and Turok, we will be doing a solitary title to start, that will feature a unification of the universe, titles and characters…

So we will be getting a GK team book soon.
    Great. I love that idea! Put them all in one book, that way the characters keep going. On a side note, I wish PBS would do this, with Ghost and others haha.

I will be checking the team book out for this though. Sounds like a great idea.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Sigh. As much as I'm ready to completely write off the Dyna Key universe, I'll probably buy any GK team book they put out....

Quote Originally Posted by midas73 View Post
    Sigh. As much as I'm ready to completely write off the Dyna Key universe, I'll probably buy any GK team book they put out....
    Same here.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Turok #12 - the final issue of his ongoing came out this Wednesday

Who got it, what did you think?

I was a bit perplexed by the ending. I feel like I'm missing a page. Did everyone's issue end with Marion eating an apple. Usually there is some type of editorial dialogue box stating a books end but not here. Turok is still in England as the title closes which just strikes me as a bit odd for an ending. Is he just going to stay and be "Robin Hood"?
    Will he and the assassin Telle just put down roots? Do any of the Merry Men become his traveling companions? This just feels like a middle chapter in what should be a longer running character growth for the title but it just abruptly ends.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Just got caught up on Solar... This is definitely the best of the Dynakey books... Coincidence that Turok ended this week and Valiant's CEO tweeted a Turok pic?

Saw the tweet from Dinesh; makes me curious what's up with that? Plus there was a page of notes petaining to Xo, listed Dead Hand, a death of, "homecoming" and dragons. Are the GK characers returning to Valiant?

As for Turok 12..... what a pile of crap. There must have been some dispute, seeing as the first few pages where drawn well, whereas the last few pages looked like the work of a grade schooler. Obviously not the same artist throughout the issue. Marion looked nondescript in the final pages, and Turok and the others hiding in the forest, that scene was lazily thrown togeher. Happy Dynakey is ending, its been a hot mess

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I didn't see that Turok tweet by Dinesh. Have to look for it later.

I would wholly disagree that Solar was the best DynaKey book. For me that would be Magnus.
    Solar is a sad Firestorm ripoff as DynaKey has done it...makes me miss Firestorm AND a good Solar book all at the same time.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by MECHANO View Post
    Coincidence that Turok ended this week and Valiant's CEO tweeted a Turok pic?
    Would love to see the Gold Key characters back at Valiant....

Quote Originally Posted by md62 View Post
    Would love to see the Gold Key characters back at Valiant....
    I have to agree. After reading the first arc of Dynamite's attempt at Turok, I couldn't bring myself to keep going. As someone who fell in love with the Turok character as a kid, this run just failed to catch my interest. I would love to see the character in Valiant's hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Javasaurus View Post
    I have to agree. After reading the first arc of Dynamite's attempt at Turok, I couldn't bring myself to keep going. As someone who fell in love with the Turok character as a kid, this run just failed to catch my interest. I would love to see the character in Valiant's hands.
    I had the same childhood love, and I still dropped Turok before the first arc ended, I really hope Valiant, gets the "rights" back to the GoldKey characters...
    #MagnetoWasRight

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I didn't see that Turok tweet by Dinesh. Have to look for it later.

I would wholly disagree that Solar was the best DynaKey book. For me that would be Magnus.
    Solar is a sad Firestorm ripoff as DynaKey has done it...makes me miss Firestorm AND a good Solar book all at the same time.
    Magnus was/is pretty decent. I just have a soft spot for Solar and dig the new costume... i just wish they would have kept the visor.

Yet another weird ending in Magnus #12... Is Solar even solicited through issue 12?