Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Yeah, now that Magnus has wrapped, I'm gonna have to do a full re-read from the beginning in one seating, because I was totally lost over these final issues. By the end of #12, I had no idea what was happening. Which left me feeling sad, because up to the last couple issues I was really digging and enjoying the heck out of it.
    My Blog | Tumblr
    * Original Join Date: September 2010

Quote Originally Posted by MECHANO View Post
    Yet another weird ending in Magnus #12... Is Solar even solicited through issue 12?
    Solar #12 solicited for May 13 as the final issue. And yeah Magnus #12 was confusing.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Solar #11 is for this Wednesday, it's wrapping up the Dr.Spektor story yes? I don't imagine Dr. Spektor will continue into the final issue but I guess he could.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Am I the last CBR Independent Forum poster seeing this DynaKey experiment, Phase One(?), all the way through to the end?

I read Solar #11 today and felt this issue kicked this final arc into high gear. It's the first arc of this book that I've really started to enjoy. I'm also very partial to the Eclipse character as he was created when Solar was at Valiant. Not really sure how Dynamite is able to use him but that's something the legal guys can sort out. I also finally am getting the Dr.Spektor I wanted in his mini-series so this issue was full of win on several fronts. One of those fronts being on Phil finally being "rebuilt/recharged/stabilized" enough to finally be whole again.

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Nah, I am still reading them, just not going to the store till the end of the month to pick up my pull list, like I normally do haha. I am excited to read Solar.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Am I the last CBR Independent Forum poster seeing this DynaKey experiment, Phase One(?), all the way through to the end?
    I will be getting them until the end.

Getting them to the end as well (reluctantly but I pre-ordered them). Haven't read the new Solar issue yet, but contrary to everyone else, I've been enjoying this one from the start.

I have all of them except Solar #12 (not out yet). Turok seemed like a total failure, Magnus was decent, and Solar has been pretty good. None of them have been worth writing home about...

you forgot the steaming pile of garbage that was Dr Spektor

Quote Originally Posted by Aomalle27 View Post
    you forgot the steaming pile of garbage that was Dr Spektor
    i guess i need to correct myself... i don't have them all. never even considered getting the Dr. Specktor book.

Solar #12. Of the 4 titles it had the most satisfying conclusion IMO. Still wish the title was closer to the Valiant version.

They say they still have plans for the GK3... I wish that Dynamite acted like they gave a $h!t about them.

Quote Originally Posted by MECHANO View Post
    They say they still have plans for the GK3... I wish that Dynamite acted like they gave a $h!t about them.
    I'll believe it when it happens. Not sure if I care though. I read all of their output with GK and was as pleased as I was peeved.

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

So, I got a chance to ask about Gold Key a bit at SDCC. Here is what was said, not word for word, kinda paraphrased it a bit in writing it down. The cross over will be sometime next year, after the trades are all out. There will be new toys in the toy box for them to use, and you will be pleasantly surprised by it.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Dynamite is really going to have to impress me as I was lackluster towards much of their Gold Key fare interpretations, Turok the most.
    I have to wonder if one of the new tools is Samson?