Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 162223242526

Quote Originally Posted by NoFuneral View Post
    The Magnus mini-series from last year was terrific. I hope they make another one.
    Did dynamite publish this mini? I'll have to look it up.

Astonishing Member

Yes, they did.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

At my LCS for my books and in the ComicShopNews paper handout I saw the news that Dynamite is relaunching Turok in January 2019.
    I skimmed the first few paragraphs and it says the tone is going to more in line with the original Gold Key stories. It has been some time since I read those. To my poor recollection that means they will be adventure tales set mostly in the Lost Land and have more dinos and straight up bad guys.

This makes me wonder what may be next on the Gold Key relaunch table for Dynamite? At this point I honestly figured the license had reverted back. Makes me wonder how long a contract they have on them. They've been spinning them over every 1 or so now for the last 4-5yrs.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

I like the recent Doc Spektor backups and wish it got a miniseries.

I thought it would have been cool if the female Magnus introduced in the Higgins run was the daughter of the male Magnus in the Van lente run.

Turok #1
    $3.99

Cover A: Bart Sears
    Cover B: Butch Guice
    Cover C: Jefferey Veregge
    Cover D: Roberto Castro
    Writer: Ron Marz
    Art: Roberto Castro
    Genre: Action/Adventure
    Page Count: 32 Pages
    ON SALE DATE: 1/9/2019
    A new hero rises! Turok pursues his kidnapped brother… in the Badlands of the Old West! In the waning days of the Indian Wars, the U.S. cavalry has captured Andar, but Turok will stop at nothing to rescue him. But that quest will lead Turok, Andar and even the soldiers to a strange, lost land inhabited by creatures beyond their imaginations. This is Turok as you've never seen him before ... and Turok as you've always seen him! Written by acclaimed storyteller Ron Marz (Green Lantern, Silver Surfer, Witchblade), with exquisite art by Roberto Castro (Red Sojna, Flash Gordon).
    Screen Shot 2018-10-25 at 3.45.10 PM.jpg

The "problem" with the last Turok book was that it was not Turok. I enjoyed the protagonist but it was stated that he took the name Turok after hearing how he was feared and respected. Alluded to the fact the real Turok may have been dead. So the title was in essence an attempt to create a "legacy" style character.
    It's not that he wasn't drawn Turok enough, it's that he was a black man who was time displaced with his daughter not a Native American at all. Trying to save his daughter, he adopted the name Turok.

Is the Dynamite Solar series a sequel to the old Gold Key stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by FrogMan View Post
    Is the Dynamite Solar series a sequel to the old Gold Key stuff?
    It's more of a reboot set in modern times.
    My problem with DE's GK stuff is that every time they relaunch its a different character. The first wave, GK Alliance, Sovereigns and now this new series there's no connection between them. It's like every year they just reboot these characters without caring about continuity.

I see Turok is a 5 issue mini series from Dynamite May 2019 solicits.