Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    BANNED

looks like we have our first delayed DynaKey book, as both Magnus: Robot Fighter #3 and Solar: Man o/t Atom #2 are now coming out 5/21/2014 according to previewsworld.

not a long delay, only a week, but i do hope they won't be making a habit out of this...

I think Solar was always coming out on 5/21...

BANNED

Magnus 3 was supposed to come out today.

Yeah, that's disappointing. One thing I've loved about Valiant is that they've kept their books on schedule. Sounds like Dynamite is in the same camp as most publishers in that they're not all that good at that. But hopefully this is a one-off thing (and a one-week thing!).

I never saw Magnus #3 listed for today on Previews' website. They have it listed for next week, though, and my LCS had it on their pull list as well.
    My Blog | Tumblr
    * Original Join Date: September 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Michael24 View Post
    I never saw Magnus #3 listed for today on Previews' website. They have it listed for next week, though, and my LCS had it on their pull list as well.
    It was originally listed to come out today...then it was switched to next week about a week ago.

The plans are that Turok comes out the 1st week of the month, Magnus the 2nd week, Solar the 3rd & Dr Spektor the 4th week.

Quote Originally Posted by midas73 View Post
    Yeah, that's disappointing. One thing I've loved about Valiant is that they've kept their books on schedule. Sounds like Dynamite is in the same camp as most publishers in that they're not all that good at that. But hopefully this is a one-off thing (and a one-week thing!).
    But Valiant books change artists constantly and it hurts the books' art. Not that the fill-in artists are bad (because they are not), but this leads to artistic inconsistency.

In an industry where artists always compain about strict and often ridiculous deadlines, I prefer books getting delayed if that means more quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    But Valiant books change artists constantly and it hurts the books' art. Not that the fill-in artists are bad (because they are not), but this leads to artistic inconsistency.

In an industry where artists always compain about strict and often ridiculous deadlines, I prefer books getting delayed if that means more quality.
    I get that, but in my mind a shared universe monthly comic should come out...monthly, and on time. The delays hurt the storytelling for me more than the fill-ins hurt the artistic integrity, especially if they don't get crap fill-in artists. The one place Valiant stumbled on this was the two Bloodshot issues in the latest crossover arc with Archer & Armstrong (especially the first of the two). But I'm nevertheless glad the books came out on time.

Spectacular Member

Get the books out on a schedule--if your artists can't produce or your production office is unable to get comics out regularly, make them bimonthly or have a lead time. Nothing pisses away fan enthusiasm like consistently late books. I keep reading these books and wondering why Valiant doesn't have them.
    trying to be nicer

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

VALIANT has stated they are focusing on their unique and original character concepts while forging new ones. At this time they are not interested in utilizing and entwining licensed characters. Even ones with intricate prior history with the company. I suspect if they were able to obtain and out right purchase exclusive rights to some or all of the GK characters tied to them they might, might do so.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

In regards to Valiant rotating artists to keep the books on time: art is still better than the GK art Dynamite has been putting out. The only exception might be Magnus. I'm thinking this resurrection is DOA. Tried the first issue or two of Turok, Magnus, and Solar... Magnus is the only one that has something going for it.

Tastes differ and clearly my tastes differ from yours. I think the GK art is across the board better than what Valiant is doing (maybe with the exception of Rai, but I haven't seen that yet).

Not a good sign:

DOCTOR SPEKTOR: MASTER OF THE OCCULT #4
    (W) Mark Waid (A) Neil Edwards (CA) Christian Ward
    FINAL ISSUE! Is Spektor the Key? Why is everything around him falling away? Will his ultimate decision destroy the universe… or unlock it? It’s magical mysterious mayhem from superstar Marl Waid (Daredevil) and Neil Edwards (Fantastic Four)!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by md62 View Post
    Not a good sign:

DOCTOR SPEKTOR: MASTER OF THE OCCULT #4
    (W) Mark Waid (A) Neil Edwards (CA) Christian Ward
    FINAL ISSUE! Is Spektor the Key? Why is everything around him falling away? Will his ultimate decision destroy the universe… or unlock it? It’s magical mysterious mayhem from superstar Marl Waid (Daredevil) and Neil Edwards (Fantastic Four)!

https://twitter.com/MarkWaid

according to mark waid this was always intended as a mini series but nobody was very clear on that matter until now....still seems strange to mark this as a mini series and the rest as ongoing books

Picked up Magnus #3 today. Man, this book is fun! The action and humor really make this a book that's just plain fun to read. I like how it turned out Leeja is the star of a "human hunter" Cops-like reality show. Her pursuit of Magnus being live telecast throughout the city added a creative element to the issue, which was essentially one big chase from start to finish. Great fun in this series so far.
    My Blog | Tumblr
    * Original Join Date: September 2010