Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Both art teams on Turok were not to my liking at all. Finally decided to drop it after last issue which is very disappointing as this was one of my most anticipated titles of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    Really? I think they left as something to take care of later. I feel like it changed arcs so he can change and grow and then go back to save his old village.

Also I have read everything in this line now. I am loving all of it! Solar is my favorite so far. But I am like Magnus a lot too.
    Eh. I'm hopefully reading too much into it. I would have preferred the book stay with the Europeans for a while. Maybe develop some sort of relationship between Turok and the daughter. Or Turok and Andar's sister. Or something. There was a lot to go on there.... Not sure why we needed the sea change so quickly.

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by midas73 View Post
    Eh. I'm hopefully reading too much into it. I would have preferred the book stay with the Europeans for a while. Maybe develop some sort of relationship between Turok and the daughter. Or Turok and Andar's sister. Or something. There was a lot to go on there.... Not sure why we needed the sea change so quickly.
    Idk, it fit his character. Turok does not want to care for those people "his tribe" so he left to, what he felt like, a needed change. At least thats how I see. And this could help him grow and change to see that he does care.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Fantastic Member Bslythegamerguy's Avatar

Man, this line of comics is dying fast. I got into it at first and felt the launches weren't bad but as it rolls along I find myself not even buying the books and I certainly don't miss them. Dynamite really can't just find it's footing and really should have stuck with Project Superpowers and their pulp stuff instead of putting time and money into these books.

Read the second issue of Dr. Spektor last night and thought it was completely awesome. I love that it appears to be the glue that binds this little universe together, but it's the characters that really sell this book.

The latest Solar was great too. I really love the crassness of the daughter. And the Kirby-esque aliens are a sight to behold. Plus, the Layton cover so evokes BWS that I originally thought (and hoped) it was the legend himself coming back to draw it.

July sales figures for Gold Key titles:

Turok #6...7352. #5...7803. #4...8426. # 3...9586. #2...11,296. #1...30,722.

Magnus #5...7201. #4...7898. #3...8333. #2...9898. #1...27,497. #0...6640.

Solar #3...7408. #2...8918. #1...22,767.

Dr Spektor #2...7318. #1...16,471.
    Last edited by md62; 08-14-2014 at 11:38 AM.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I'm giving this line a few more issues on each title.
    Spektor is easy, it ends in two but the others, outside Magnus, are not thrilling me.
    Solar was on the fence then last issue became a Firestorm riff and that wasn't the direction I wanted.
    Turok....like another, it was at one point among my most anticipated books for 2014. *sigh*
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

I don't know I am really enjoying all these titles. Maybe I am crazy, but I don't see anything or at least too much wrong with them lol.
    Pulls:

I haven't read the others, but I've enjoyed every issue of Magnus. I don't have a single complaint about it. Honestly, I think it's been pretty much perfect so far. The story has kept me intrigued, and it's just been a blast of fun.
    My Blog | Tumblr
    * Original Join Date: September 2010

I dropped Solar two issues in, it wasnt for me.

Magnus is a great book OTOH, Ill pull it for as long as it offer the type and quality of stories featured so far.

I've been a huge fan of the newest run of Magnus. I was a bit shaky after the first issue but seeing what they've been doing with the characters in the first arc makes this one of the books i look forward to every month. I have a bit less to say about Solar, but i think its a solid book and its worth sticking with through another couple issues, at least for me.

Ive got Turok and Dr. Spektor sitting in a stack waiting to be read, but i just haven't had the time recently.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/08/...-for-november/

Solicitations for Gold Key in November. Look at that Turok 0, so secretive. Wonder why haha.
    Pulls:

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/08/...-for-november/

Solicitations for Gold Key in November. Look at that Turok 0, so secretive. Wonder why haha.
    Thanks for the info. I'm not reading Turok so I'm not sure what you think the #0 issue story will be....

Quote Originally Posted by md62 View Post
    Thanks for the info. I'm not reading Turok so I'm not sure what you think the #0 issue story will be....
    I am not sure what the issue 0 will be, my guess is normally issue 0s are before the series started. But why blank that out and not tell us anything about it?
    Pulls: