Default Does anyone think the Sentry will have a role in AXIS/Post AXIS?

So I thought with AXIS having 3 weeks till it's finished did people here think Sentry will return in AXIS? I was just thinking what with Evan/Genesis stating he is going to kill humans to some effect then wouldn't Robert be p'd off if he found out he was planning to kill the very people he swore to protect.

It all seems weird as he declared himself "the heir of Apocalypse" so what would happen if he does try to kill them? Will Robert shoot back to Earth in a fit of rage to attack him?

I mean we have that mystery character on the cover of AXIS #9 and it makes me wonder if that could be him but that could be stretching it slightly. Just wanted other peoples opinions on the Sentry and his role to play.

BANNED

God I hope not......

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    God I hope not......
    Why? He's not that bad.

You may hate his previous iteration if that's the case. But it could be cool looking to a positive outlook for him.

Amazing Member

I think that he will greatly help the Mankind in a war against the Celestial.

I'm pretty sure that he will come back to a sane Golden Guardian Of Good status with a Life Seed like Angel.

At least that's what I hope. )

Sentry is such a Mary Sue character that I'm pretty much certain he was intended as a parody of them originally.

Everyone's best friend/romantic interest. Most Powerful. MPD like the Hulk, but more so. Smarter than Richards. Prettier blonde hair than Thor. Makes other character's conflicts disappear with his presence.

The only reason I would want to see him is to see him beaten down again and again.

Quote Originally Posted by A-Drunken-Scotsman View Post
    So I thought with AXIS having 3 weeks till it's finished did people here think Sentry will return in AXIS? I was just thinking what with Evan/Genesis stating he is going to kill humans to some effect then wouldn't Robert be p'd off if he found out he was planning to kill the very people he swore to protect.

It all seems weird as he declared himself "the heir of Apocalypse" so what would happen if he does try to kill them? Will Robert shoot back to Earth in a fit of rage to attack him?

I mean we have that mystery character on the cover of AXIS #9 and it makes me wonder if that could be him but that could be stretching it slightly. Just wanted other peoples opinions on the Sentry and his role to play.
    I have no issues with sentry, I'd be happy for him to return

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

Only if he runs back to Osborn after returning.

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    God I hope not......
    I agree some mistakes are best forgotten

I expect him to come back sometime during the upcoming relaunch of UA. He was brought back and left "alive" for a specific purpose.

I'd me mildly interested to see him return. Him becoming a horsemen is the best thing to ever happen to him IMHO
    "At my core I was never a hero, I was a hunter"

Fantastic Member

Since the Twins gathered the Death seeds for the Horsemen of Death from alternate timelines, I think Sentry is technically the heir to the Apocalypse of another timeline. So my guess is that he may have a desire to protect humans but he won't completely become the Apocalypse equivalent for the human race, unless that other timeline's human version of Apocalypse dies or is otherwise unseated.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by A-Drunken-Scotsman View Post
    Why? He's not that bad.
    We already have Hyperion and the Blue Marvel.

Fantastic Member

I hope his role is to be humbled by Owen Reece this time around, or have his energy absorbed by Doom.

Introducing Hyperion was basically doing Sentry correctly. Better to leave Sentry behind. His story has been told.

Astonishing Member

I'd love to see more Sentry. Just keep him consistent. Any of the versions he had over the years were great but he became a clusterfuck of semi contradictory origins by the end.

I mean by his death he was a hero erased from history, a junkie who stole a serum from an abandoned? lab and possibly the reincarnation of the Biblical God's wrath?