Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Without actually pulling my issues out of a box:
    Issue 1 - "Violent Minds" was sweet, but all too short. That was a perfect team for a Superman comic.
    Issue 2 - "Best Intent" was cool, Oeming is another good choice.
    Issue 4 - "Deniers" was pretty amusing. I think I remember the Abnett story being okay, too. "Savior" was cool. I think anthologies work best when they allow one to work from a different perspective.
    Issue 5 - I don't remember it very well but I did like "Infant in Arms." "The Way These Things Begin" was hilarious, if I remember correctly.
    Issue 6 - also hardly remembered, but I think it was okay. Full length stories are sometimes necessary.
    Issue 7 - "Saved" is my favorite story from the whole series. I think it showcases the character perfectly. "Space, Actually" is pretty up there too, for being so sweet.
    Issue 11 - kinda like a Bronze Age story, which is praise from where I sit.
    Issue 12 - Milligan is my favorite writer and Superman is my favorite character... but this did not work out. At all.
    Issue 13 - very awesome. I really wanted more like this. Rodriguez is now killing it on the Nemo comic from IDW.
    Issue 14 - Landis getting all meta, but it worked. It was amusing. And then I'm fond of both Nicieza and Hester, so yeah.
    Issue 15 - probably my second favorite overall. Doc Shaner!
    Issue 16 - I feel like Keatinge overshot and missed. Pretty good, though.
    Issue 17 - KSD's story was kinda funny, and Steve Rude is always good. Interesting send off.
    Last edited by Kuwagaton; 11-27-2014 at 08:12 AM.

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

The Max Landis issue stuck out for me. I don't quite buy the entire interaction between Superman and Batman. Who would Batman risk dying with the Joker mobile? I loved the last issue. I think I've read fan fiction that had the same ending! The whole issue had a Superman 400 feel. I don't see why Comics Alliance loved the Iron Giant Story so much. It was terrific, but that whole series has so many high points. Superman meets Krypton's Lantern, the reporter who interviews Superman's rogues, and the Bizarro issue were all great! Peter Milligan's story was good too. The Toyman would terrify parents! Loved Kindt's first issue. It's a nice parallel to Astro City #1. I think Superman does best with short arcs. The Letters to Supeman had an emotional punch. The really is no continuity between stories and books but the storytelling felt consistent. As a kid, reading old Superman comics out of order from bargain bins, it felt like watching Simpsons reruns. I had no clue what the order the books were in but the whole Superman world was engaging.

I just loved this series. With so many creators who seemed to get Superman right in this series, I couldn't help but wonder why it's so hard in Superman's regular ongoings. My personal favorite was Superman Past, Present and Future, that takes Superman to the end of time to start a new universe. It was such a fun tribute to all eras of Superman and really was just a joy for me to read. I instantly recommended that issue to my comic reading friends. Saved was pretty amazing too. This series was solid Superman stories that were fun to read. So for me, it was the Superman title I looked forward to the most. Really though, if you're a Superman fan and havent' picked this up yet, you really should. If you're not a Superman fan and want to see what so great about the character, read this too. It really showcases why Superman is such a great character.