Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Why is there a ballerina shot in the AGE OF ULTRON trailer?

I trust Joss Whedon. I trust Kevin Feige. I trust Marvel studios...

However watching the trailer was kinda wild. You have http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmeOjFno6Do

In the trailer 1:35 between the Inception CLICKS/BWAHS, there are ballerinas dancing. The action that's shown in the trailer is that they hop to their toes and someone in the background is playing piano.

I know this will somehow fit into the movie. Again - I trust the players at play, but on first glance it JUST SEEMS SILLY and took me out of the trailer.

ACTION SHOT! ACTION SHOT! DRAMA! BALLERINA! GUNS FIRING! HAWKEYE!

I want it SO BAD for the powers that be to be playing with us.

Heck - I would have LOVED LOVED LOVED if they did an ACTION SHOT, ACTION SHOT...TOAST POPPING OUT OF TOASTER!! GUNS. HAWKEYE!

Seriouslly did give anybody a weird vibe? Sorry if late to party. Its a small nitpick.
    I love comics and make art. Check it out: https://www.facebook.com/pages/ARose...9658123?ref=hl

It could have something to do with Black Widow. In the comics, she had a life as a ballerina in the USSR (ballet is pretty big in Russia), but I think it's been retconned.

But I suppose we can also wait and see.

I would hope that it has something to do with Natasha's backstory, but's probably an artistic thing. I read somewhere that Joss Whedon has used ballerinas before in his other stuff.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

BANNED

Because art.

BANNED

I thought the same thing. Just completely out of place and didn't entice me to see the film any more than it would have if it wasn't included.

BANNED

Tony Stark will pursue a career in ballet. His dancepartner is an evil robot who thinks Tony dances like a puppet on strings.
    Their relationship worsens from there.
    Last edited by pro; 11-16-2014 at 06:31 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    I would hope that it has something to do with Natasha's backstory, but's probably an artistic thing. I read somewhere that Joss Whedon has used ballerinas before in his other stuff.
    There was a ballet-related episode of Angel.

However, since this movie is essentially about an automaton gaining sentience, it makes me think of the ballet Coppelia and the short story that inspired it "The Sand-Man" by E.T.A. Hoffmann.
    Last edited by AdamFTF; 11-16-2014 at 08:34 AM.

Black Widow used to be a ballerina so they are likely delving into that in the movie. You could see her standing in the same room after the ballerina's fade away.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Black Widow used to be a ballerina so they are likely delving into that in the movie. You could see her standing in the same room after the ballerina's fade away.

Is that in the extended trailer? Because the first trailer don't show her standing in the same room as the ballerinas.

Joss loves himself some ballet. I think I read somewhere that Summer Glau was a ballerina before she became an actress. She was also the ballerina in the episode of Angel where the gang went to the ballet.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

BANNED

Ballet is a good way to establish a Russian location. I'm guessing that the snow scenes are in Russia or near enough to it. Wouldn't be too difficult to tie ballet into the story somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    Ballet is a good way to establish a Russian location. I'm guessing that the snow scenes are in Russia or near enough to it. Wouldn't be too difficult to tie ballet into the story somehow.
    Shoot...you just made me think of something.

Is it possible that the Hawkeye we see in the snow is from the past, as in...this is the history that Black Widow and Hawkeye share?
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    I guess so but personally, I've always associated ballet with France. Even here in the UK, we have the royal ballet.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Guest_1001 View Post
    I guess so but personally, I've always associated ballet with France. Even here in the UK, we have the royal ballet.
    Here in the US, Americans would barely know ballet exists except for the Nutcracker.

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    Shoot...you just made me think of something.

Is it possible that the Hawkeye we see in the snow is from the past, as in...this is the history that Black Widow and Hawkeye share?
    COULD be, but from the looks of it, it's Hawkeyes' new costume, so maybe not.