Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    Shoot...you just made me think of something.

Is it possible that the Hawkeye we see in the snow is from the past, as in...this is the history that Black Widow and Hawkeye share?
    I think it's a good possibility the show will visit the history of these two. That suggests whatever their past is plays an important role in the larger plot - both because narratively it would need to tie into the larger story, and because all of the Avengers are seen in this location (Captain America is in the snow scenes busting open a door, and they are all there in an interior shot that seems to be the fortress that Cap just burst into).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    Joss loves himself some ballet. I think I read somewhere that Summer Glau was a ballerina before she became an actress. She was also the ballerina in the episode of Angel where the gang went to the ballet.
    Can you blame him? It's such a unique, visual way to tell a story. It's like, well, it's like comic books in that way.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp
    Here in the US, Americans would barely know ballet exists except for the Nutcracker.
    Which is too bad, really.

Genre fiction fans like us should really get to know it. Many of these stories have the fantastical stuff we love (granted, without much action or derring-do). Giselle is a romantic ghost story. Coppelia has robots and mad scientists in it. Swan Lake is a tragic fairy tale with all sorts of transformations and stuff. Petrushka is sort of a trippy story about puppets that come to life. Also, ballet has been known to adapt already classic stories like "Sleeping Beauty", "Cinderella", "Romeo and Juliet" and Don Quixote.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    Can you blame him? It's such a unique, visual way to tell a story. It's like, well, it's like comic books in that way.
    While I'm not into ballet, I certainly don't blame Joss for loving the things he does. I'm a pretty big Joss Whedon fan, so I rarely fault him on most things. Angel is probably my favourite show of all time.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Red Skull liked portraits, Strucker likes ballerinas

Ultron just wanted to DANCE!
    My mom thinks I'm cool.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Daryl View Post
    It's easy now, he's got no strings anymore.

Ultimate Member

It's very likely BW-related. They've already said that they'll be delving more into her backstory this time around. And one of Natasha's (many) contradicting origins in the comics had her being trained as a ballerina. And ballet-lover Joss Whedon (he also had Summer Glau dancing ballet in an episode of Terminator: The Sarah Conner Chronicles) decided to go with that one. Also, I believe that someone (I forget if it was Whedon or Feige) mentioned that they exact nature of the BW/Hawkeye relationship would be addressed/clarified in the movie as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Daryl View Post
    Marvel is really scrapping the bottom of the barrel when they end AGE OF ULTRON with a dance off ;P
    I love comics and make art. Check it out: https://www.facebook.com/pages/ARose...9658123?ref=hl

Quote Originally Posted by arosenbarger View Post
    Marvel is really scrapping the bottom of the barrel when they end AGE OF ULTRON with a dance off ;P
    Iron Man's pop and lock skills almost win the day. But Ultron's cabbage patch is unimpeachable.
    My mom thinks I'm cool.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    Ballet is a good way to establish a Russian location.
    You could also put "somewhere in Russia" at the bottom of the screen.

God forbid an action movie has non action parts to establish the plot.
    Life is but a dream

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MikeP View Post
    Really depends how you define action now. Since a ballet could be considered action, at least the part of people actually doing ballet, it's a physical thing. It's not shooting guns and explosions, mind you, but still.

Though I don't care if they show ballet, since at least this time Black Widow will have a legit reason to be striking sassy sexy poses.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MikeP View Post
    Nobody was complaining about non-action parts. The complaint was about it being out-of-place in the trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    Is that in the extended trailer? Because the first trailer don't show her standing in the same room as the ballerinas.
    No, it was in the first trailer.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Extraordinary Member

because of Wedon's obsession with dancers becoming cold ass killers