Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Also, nice cover.

Very nice cover. Only thing was on first glance I thought Swamp Thing's hand was on Diana's shoulder, friendly-like. I think that would have been even better.

I dont like the cover, the overuse of shadows, or the twig-like Diana. Missing Chiang already.

I like the shadowing, shows off the definition of a thin-yet-athletic build. My personal preference is a larger Diana, but its not a deal-breaker as long as she's toned.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 11-16-2014 at 01:02 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    I would say thats because it's where Morrison gets his strength as a writer and because he tends to use stuff that even us readers find obscure.
    I would say it's nice when one can find someone who can both write well and who also has a long-term interest in comics, but they are two different things and there's not enough of them to write all of the books.

Regarding Finch's comments on not looking back too far, that reinforces what I always say about how the reboots are as much for the writers as the readers. Regardless of what we want them to be, the available supply of writers has a problem with there being too much history and continuity.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I believe Azzarello said some very similar things when he first took over Wonder Woman. I believe it was along the lines that he was never really interested in her before, hadn't read much of any previous runs, and that none of her rogues were memorable. In light of this, I get the impression that you liked Azz's run quite a bit so you might end up feeling the same way about Finch's. She has said that Diana has many interesting villains and that the Angle Man intrigues here quite a bit. The last bit alone gives me great hopes that she'll do her best to make Wonder Woman shine as if someone is interested in using a lower-level villain like the Angle Man that most writers turn their noses up at, I think it's pretty clear that they're willing to put in a lot of effort to build up Diana's world.
    Pretty much my thoughts, exactly.

I like this interview. Meredith seems like she's got some good ideas. Now the only thing that remains to be seen is whether or not she can execute those ideas effectively. I'm feeling pretty confident, honestly. And after Azz, I am SO ready for new villains. If she really does bring back Angle Man and make him cool? I'll be one happy little Wonder-fan!
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Quote Originally Posted by Lax View Post
    So no more acting like Justice League and SM/WW don't exist? Awesome.

Black hole question evaded, good job.

Undermining a loaded question with humility? Nicely done.

Complete refusal to throw your husband under the bus even after being baited? Oh, I like this lady.
    I agree with your assessment!

Good luck to her. She deserves as much a chance as any new writer. I've seen many different ones come and go and interviews do not really determined how good or bad a run would be. It's nice to know she actually loves the character of WW but she's not over gushing.

And getting anything much out of Azz in the early days was like pulling teeth so this is way more than we ever got. lol. And at least she's not making promising to shake us to the core.

In a few days the discussion starts in earnest.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvanus View Post
    From the tease in the back of the books (in which the notes in the script are quoted as describing Diana as "pissed" at Swamp Thing, and there seems to be an implication that her role as God of War is "taking a toll" on her reactions or her personality) I was afraid they might go "one-dimensional" in the direction of war instead of love. So to me, these "love" comments are promising; if she's sometimes acting war-like but she's really all about love, maybe there really is more than one dimension there. Of course, "love" can mean a lot of things, and I hope that Finch is talking about the kind of compassion we've seen in Azz and many other runs, and not just about love motivating her to take off in a rage against those who have harmed her loved ones (as in Trinity War and elsewhere in JL).
    I'm just worried that she's not done her homework on the history of the character. In order to bring something new to the characters mythology she needs to know where Diana has been. I don't want to read a bunch of rehashed old stories or a generic rendition of "WW loves all". Azzarello was blatant about his lack of prior interest in WW, but he very obviously went and read up on her and Greek Mythology before he got going on his run. I would expect Finch to do more than read Azzarello before trying to tackle a character with 70+ years of history.

But as I said, I may be reading too much into her commentary, and I am looking forward to her first issue. If nothing else it will be great to have a female writer on WW who doesn't (seemingly) have a socio-political agenda. Hopefully Meredith will add a female perspective we haven't seen in way too long.

BANNED

I read both nicole perlman on her Gamora solo book and Finch on WW, the difference is really big. Perlman really knows the character and could say exactly what her book is about. Finch seemed more like a fan talking about love in a very abstract way. Both are on their first comic book runs

LOVE to hear that she's going to build on the cast and setting that's already, there. THAT may be the best editorial decision, since George Perez blew up Circe.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!