Page 107 of 232 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117157207 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 3469
  1. #1591
    The One Above All 616MarvelYear is LeapYear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Marvel Studios
    Posts
    7,570

    Default

    Iron Man #1 Feb 1998
    Heroes Return. "Looking Forward!"
    One year ago the greatest heroes in the Marvel Universe, the Avengers and Fantastic Four, fought the mutant menace known as Onslaught and were sucked into an alternate universe.

    Now, they have returned. Tony Stark has a decision to make, wrest control of the Stark/Fujikawa corporation back from his partners or pursue other avenues of business.
    Meanwhile, a third party may make his mind up for him when they send the Deathsquad after him.

    Luckily Stark has the Invincible Iron Man in his corner.

    NOTE: Iron Man's new armor came from designs by Alex Ross and Allen Bujak

    Story by Kurt Busiek. Art by Sean Chen and Eric Cannon.
    Imperius Rex!
    http://www.tradingcarddb.com/Images/.../74396-9Bk.jpg
    It's clobberin' time! Hulk is strongest one there is! Have at thee!
    http://www.tradingcarddb.com/Images/...74396-51Bk.jpg
    I'm the best there is at what I do, but what I do best isn't very nice.
    http://www.tradingcarddb.com/Images/...74396-43Bk.jpg

  2. #1592
    Wily Veteran cc008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    11,910

    Default

    Such a fun Iron Man run. Omnibus was well worth purchasing.
    Bodyslide by Two into the MCU

  3. #1593
    Colonel In Chief PЯOVOSҬ's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Terra Australis
    Posts
    162

    Default

    You can build a throne with bayonets, but you can't sit on it for long. -Boris Yeltsin


    мыслете наш он покой

  4. #1594
    IRON MAN Tony Stark's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Stark Unlimited
    Posts
    3,859

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Iron Man #1 Feb 1998
    Heroes Return. "Looking Forward!"
    One year ago the greatest heroes in the Marvel Universe, the Avengers and Fantastic Four, fought the mutant menace known as Onslaught and were sucked into an alternate universe.

    Now, they have returned. Tony Stark has a decision to make, wrest control of the Stark/Fujikawa corporation back from his partners or pursue other avenues of business.
    Meanwhile, a third party may make his mind up for him when they send the Deathsquad after him.

    Luckily Stark has the Invincible Iron Man in his corner.

    NOTE: Iron Man's new armor came from designs by Alex Ross and Allen Bujak

    Story by Kurt Busiek. Art by Sean Chen and Eric Cannon.
    I love that run. The writing and art just meshed together. It was fun.
    " I've learned that free will isn't a gift-it's muscle that needs to be exercised-and only when it's in peak condition-is a man truly awake" TONY STARK

  5. #1595
    IRON MAN Tony Stark's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Stark Unlimited
    Posts
    3,859

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Such a fun Iron Man run. Omnibus was well worth purchasing.
    You know it! Got mine brand new for $40.00 at Comic Con.
    " I've learned that free will isn't a gift-it's muscle that needs to be exercised-and only when it's in peak condition-is a man truly awake" TONY STARK

  6. #1596
    Wily Veteran cc008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    11,910

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    You know it! Got mine brand new for $40.00 at Comic Con.
    Perfect! Yeah I got mine sealed on ebay for around there too.
    Bodyslide by Two into the MCU

  7. #1597
    IRON MAN Tony Stark's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Stark Unlimited
    Posts
    3,859
    " I've learned that free will isn't a gift-it's muscle that needs to be exercised-and only when it's in peak condition-is a man truly awake" TONY STARK

  8. #1598
    IRON MAN Tony Stark's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Stark Unlimited
    Posts
    3,859
    " I've learned that free will isn't a gift-it's muscle that needs to be exercised-and only when it's in peak condition-is a man truly awake" TONY STARK

  9. #1599
    IRON MAN Tony Stark's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Stark Unlimited
    Posts
    3,859

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PЯOVOSҬ View Post
    I love this cover. I hated when they tried to take him away from Tony's rogue gallery. At least he's back were he belongs.
    " I've learned that free will isn't a gift-it's muscle that needs to be exercised-and only when it's in peak condition-is a man truly awake" TONY STARK

  10. #1600

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    I love this cover. I hated when they tried to take him away from Tony's rogue gallery. At least he's back were he belongs.
    when was that? he seemed to still be semi-obsessed with Tony during Dark Reign (he was instrumental in Osborn becoming Iron Patriot & broke ranks to kill Tony before the self-reboot). and there that was that Iron Man: The Inevitable story. are you talking about his later Thunderbolts run? I still consider him to be firmly part of whatever people would call Stark's rogues gallery.
    Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    Because its fun, not as fun as the liberal meltdown but close
    11/10/2016

  11. #1601
    IRON MAN Tony Stark's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Stark Unlimited
    Posts
    3,859

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    when was that? he seemed to still be semi-obsessed with Tony during Dark Reign (he was instrumental in Osborn becoming Iron Patriot & broke ranks to kill Tony before the self-reboot). and there that was that Iron Man: The Inevitable story. are you talking about his later Thunderbolts run? I still consider him to be firmly part of whatever people would call Stark's rogues gallery.
    Thunderbolts and Slott wanted him to be a part of Spidey's rogues gallery. Tony and Peter actually argue about it in the Regent story arc of Amazing Spider-Man.
    " I've learned that free will isn't a gift-it's muscle that needs to be exercised-and only when it's in peak condition-is a man truly awake" TONY STARK

  12. #1602
    Cubernetically enhanced Shadowcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Deerfield, Chicago
    Posts
    646

    Default

    I have a feeling they’re going to make him into an Ant-Man villain, now that they’re using him as the main antagonist for AM & Wasp.

  13. #1603

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I have a feeling they’re going to make him into an Ant-Man villain, now that they’re using him as the main antagonist for AM & Wasp.
    hmmm. maybe. but they aren't really using him. it's a brand new character with Ghost's costumed monicker. and there isn't exactly an Ant-Man and the Wasp book for the comic book version to appear in. I'm sure that the comic book version will make a reappearance around the release of the movie, though. Slott likes the character.
    Last edited by Michael Watkins; 02-09-2018 at 05:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    Because its fun, not as fun as the liberal meltdown but close
    11/10/2016

  14. #1604

    Default

    I am new to advertently reading and collecting comic books. I feel like I am spoiled by the modern art and can't seem to get into the old ones which there are plenty off and very cheap {mostly from the 90s maybe 80s and part of large collector hardbooks etc}. Is this a common issues or will I eventually get over it? I can read them and on rare occasions I have {star trek}, its just I can't get over how dated they are, although I feel I am missing out on a lot of good stories that made heroes like ironman who they are today.

    So my question boils down to, is it worth pulling through the initial slight aversion to dated artwork and experience the older iron man comics {good enough stories and arcs of ironman?}?

  15. #1605
    IRON MAN Tony Stark's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Stark Unlimited
    Posts
    3,859

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmicbeing View Post
    I am new to advertently reading and collecting comic books. I feel like I am spoiled by the modern art and can't seem to get into the old ones which there are plenty off and very cheap {mostly from the 90s maybe 80s and part of large collector hardbooks etc}. Is this a common issues or will I eventually get over it? I can read them and on rare occasions I have {star trek}, its just I can't get over how dated they are, although I feel I am missing out on a lot of good stories that made heroes like ironman who they are today.

    So my question boils down to, is it worth pulling through the initial slight aversion to dated artwork and experience the older iron man comics {good enough stories and arcs of ironman?}?
    Yes it's worth it. You get to read a lot of the core story's that new writers touch on and that make the characters who and what they are today. To me some of the old art is glorious, but that's me. In my opinion you should try the older books. Even if you don't like the art, the stores will captivate you.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 02-09-2018 at 09:49 PM.
    " I've learned that free will isn't a gift-it's muscle that needs to be exercised-and only when it's in peak condition-is a man truly awake" TONY STARK

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •