Page 111 of 232 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115121161211 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 3469
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    oh yay. it's jessica jones.
    Everyone who's ever visited a thread where she's been mentioned knows you dislike her. This is totally unnecessary at this point...

If this is really the new armor that Tony will be wearing, what are everyone's initial thoughts on it? As far as it's design, it's definitely a step back from the ultra-cutting edge Model Prime. But that's not necessarily a bad thing.

iMan 42s

I hope we see more of the costume soon cause that image we got isn't very flattering.

1. Back to the MCU helmet. I know artists tend to draw the MCU helmet anyways but ANAD was at least unique. The ANAD costume itself was nothing special but the helmet was a unique aerodynamic design. And because it's pointed, the point line draws your eye down the rest of the suit. Yeah the ANAD was nothing special to look at, but that could be solved with some more color in the torso.
    2. Bulky torso. Using the Bleeding Edge as a base is fine, but the torso is a cross between the generic Iron man Marvel uses for licensing and movie synergy.
    3. Bulky shoulderpads. Because the chest is so big, the shoulders are going to go into the chest when Iron man does anything like a right hook. Now I know there is an indentation on the chest presumably meant for that, but how many artists are going to remember? Isn't it easier to just tone down the size instead of going for the Iron man equivalent of Stryfe? Yeah I know they've been bigger but it was weird then to.

An as a personal aside, it's not very interesting to look at. The arms are creative enough blending old designs and using the gold as a way of subtly creating detail (reminds me of Captain America's scalemail), but the torso was done better the first time, the helmet at this point is generic (I.E a decade old), and the legs (a thing that should've transferred from the MCU) gets the same generic lines as the ANAD. This costume could be far more interesting to look at.

Also as a cover that's really lame. They might as well have just been posing. In the Wolverine books is this referencing something? I thought he was killed when he got covered in molten metal? What's with the explosion?
    If you haven't been on Netflix or had been aware Jessica Jones doesn't look like Kristen Ritter, they might as well be random citizens too cool to look at explosions. I'm not kidding, if I just saw this on the rack I would have no idea who they are. Clothing costumes aren't an awful idea, but it does make it hard to distinguish who is who cause they look like at least three other characters off the top of my head.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

I definitely agree that it's too bulky for my liking. The extra "padding" armor around the elbows and shoulders seems somewhat unnecessary.

Bleeding Edge is not so secretly my favorite armor. So any inspiration from that is welcomed. But this does seem sort of uninspired for a guy coming back from the dead.

I think the new armor is a mixed bag, I didn't like the ANAD armor to much (not a big fan of the slimmer looking armor, the Extremis suit is the perfect balance between slim/bulk for me), but not a huge fan of this one either. The helmet is totally fine but it's more or less the same as the black and gold armor from Gillen's run, my biggest problem is with the arms. I really dislike the how form fitting the gold parts look and I don't like the shoulder pauldrons and the kind of boxing glove like fists. Otherwise, just a tad bit heavy on the lights. I still think I like the black and gold armor the best of the armors from the past few years.

iMan 42s

That's actually something I didn't consider. The gold bits appear form fitting, so if the gold is also armor that's good enough, why does he need shoulder pads that big or shoulder pads at all? Another thing is that the gloves have a plate on it that looks like it would impede the movement of his wrist. The gold means to imply he can bend if anything else, but because his torso has so much going on it doesn't look like he can bend over, and he has a hard red part where the joint for his legs should be.

Edit- is that Greg Land doing the cover? Cause I think that might explain it. Iron man looks generic cause he's pulled from a variety of sources, Spider-man comes from any of his Ultimate comics appearances, but I'm stumped for Luke Cage and Jessica Jones.
    Last edited by SuperiorIronman; 02-14-2018 at 07:46 AM.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

New Avengers was the source for those two.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    I was just thinking of her shorter hairstyle from Phoenix Resurrection.
    Kitty's looked like that since X-Men Gold launched.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    I think the new armor is a mixed bag, I didn't like the ANAD armor to much (not a big fan of the slimmer looking armor, the Extremis suit is the perfect balance between slim/bulk for me), but not a huge fan of this one either. The helmet is totally fine but it's more or less the same as the black and gold armor from Gillen's run, my biggest problem is with the arms. I really dislike the how form fitting the gold parts look and I don't like the shoulder pauldrons and the kind of boxing glove like fists. Otherwise, just a tad bit heavy on the lights. I still think I like the black and gold armor the best of the armors from the past few years.
    I agree. I LOVED the black and gold armor and I LOVED the armor prime suit as well though. This one I have a few nit picks about.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 02-14-2018 at 04:38 PM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    I hope we see more of the costume soon cause that image we got isn't very flattering.

1. Back to the MCU helmet. I know artists tend to draw the MCU helmet anyways but ANAD was at least unique. The ANAD costume itself was nothing special but the helmet was a unique aerodynamic design. And because it's pointed, the point line draws your eye down the rest of the suit. Yeah the ANAD was nothing special to look at, but that could be solved with some more color in the torso.
    2. Bulky torso. Using the Bleeding Edge as a base is fine, but the torso is a cross between the generic Iron man Marvel uses for licensing and movie synergy.
    3. Bulky shoulderpads. Because the chest is so big, the shoulders are going to go into the chest when Iron man does anything like a right hook. Now I know there is an indentation on the chest presumably meant for that, but how many artists are going to remember? Isn't it easier to just tone down the size instead of going for the Iron man equivalent of Stryfe? Yeah I know they've been bigger but it was weird then to.

An as a personal aside, it's not very interesting to look at. The arms are creative enough blending old designs and using the gold as a way of subtly creating detail (reminds me of Captain America's scalemail), but the torso was done better the first time, the helmet at this point is generic (I.E a decade old), and the legs (a thing that should've transferred from the MCU) gets the same generic lines as the ANAD. This costume could be far more interesting to look at.

Also as a cover that's really lame. They might as well have just been posing. In the Wolverine books is this referencing something? I thought he was killed when he got covered in molten metal? What's with the explosion?
    If you haven't been on Netflix or had been aware Jessica Jones doesn't look like Kristen Ritter, they might as well be random citizens too cool to look at explosions. I'm not kidding, if I just saw this on the rack I would have no idea who they are. Clothing costumes aren't an awful idea, but it does make it hard to distinguish who is who cause they look like at least three other characters off the top of my head.
    You make some good points about Tony's new armor that I agree with.

I really loved Tony (and Happy) in Spider-Man Homecoming. I'm so excited Happy and Pepper are back for Infinity War

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    I really loved Tony (and Happy) in Spider-Man Homecoming. I'm so excited Happy and Pepper are back for Infinity War
    Happy was great in HC. He's one of my favorite MCU supporting characters.
    Always Forward. Forward Always.

Quote Originally Posted by Comic Book Addict View Post
    Happy was great in HC. He's one of my favorite MCU supporting characters.
    Jon Favreau is one of my favorite people in Hollywood going all the way back to Rudy