Page 98 of 232 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108148198 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 3469
    BANNED

So quick question: Has Marvel ever done a modern retelling of Iron Man's origins? I've been looking at a lot of previous mini-series like First Thunder & Man out of time & I'm just wondering if there has been in-universe (i.e. not Season One OGN) version of those for Tony.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DJ1107 View Post
    So quick question: Has Marvel ever done a modern retelling of Iron Man's origins? I've been looking at a lot of previous mini-series like First Thunder & Man out of time & I'm just wondering if there has been in-universe (i.e. not Season One OGN) version of those for Tony.
    Ellis did during Extremis.

Sidenote, I'll be dissapointed if that's the new armor. If not even Alex Ross can make it look good, then... I'm really getting a "Tony loses everything and has to build himself from the ground up" vibe...

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    The last time he did it was during Civil War and it was a big deal. He gave a press conference and everything.
    And then persuaded Spidey to do likewise shortly after!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    And then persuaded Spidey to do likewise shortly after!
    Do you have the exact issue? I've been trying to find it for ages, but during all my re-reads I never did. Tony's honestly quasi-revealed his idenity multiple times since the 90s, but I cannot, for the life of me, find the most recent and permanent one.

Quote Originally Posted by Techno_Knight View Post
    Ellis did during Extremis.

Sidenote, I'll be dissapointed if that's the new armor. If not even Alex Ross can make it look good, then... I'm really getting a "Tony loses everything and has to build himself from the ground up" vibe...
    I doubt it will be. I do expect to see him in some sort of new armor and whoever Slott brings along with him as the #1 artist will probably get the chance to design it.

I just found this from a Google search and it happened in Iron Man V3 55[400] (2002, pre-CW)

Quote Originally Posted by Techno_Knight View Post
    Do you have the exact issue? I've been trying to find it for ages, but during all my re-reads I never did. Tony's honestly quasi-revealed his idenity multiple times since the 90s, but I cannot, for the life of me, find the most recent and permanent one.
    Wikipedia says he outed himself in 2002's Iron Man vol 3 55, which also happens to be issue 400.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_Man
    http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Iron_Man_Vol_3_55
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

I’ve read the above, but in Extremis his Identity is a secret again. Then it leads to Sons of Yinsen and CW, and I don’t remember of anything relating to it being revealed anywhere in between. Did Ellis simply **** up?

Irrc, they did some ridiculously short scene were Stark announces he is retiring as Iron Man and Iron Man actually will be a hired bodyguard from now on just before Ellis' story started. I get the vibe that Ellis basically wanted to do a countinuity-lite reboot that mostly ignored everything past the origin story. So they did a quick cleaning-house story that reset the status quo, hiring a hack to clumsily kill of Rumiko and reset the secret identity. Then Ellis did his thing. Then immediately thereafter they did Civil War, which completely ignored Ellis so they could have their big event that completely destroyed Iron Man and almost certainly would have resulted in his cancellation if the movie hadn't been such a big success.

Fantastic Member

Kinda looks like a cross between the Mark 4 and the Mark 35 model's of Armor . Cool none the less .

I really like the "new" armour. Seems pretty retro.

Quote Originally Posted by Freud View Post
    I really like the "new" armour. Seems pretty retro.
    Model Prime is pretty dope. The one he's in now is just an old one he crawled into.

Since Slott is becoming the new Iron Man writter, those pages become funnier to me

Beat Ock at his own game, eh?

What's that from?

iMan 42s

I'll almost feel cheated if Dan doesn't bring over Otto, or finds some way to work in Octopus arms on the suit.

My google search suggests Marvel Fanfare #22-23 on that Iron man/Doctor Octopus fight.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.