Page 101 of 232 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 3469

Quote Originally Posted by Techno_Knight View Post
    Hmm, that is a good point. There is a difference between Tony the Engineer, Tony the CEO, Tony the Super-Hero, Tony the Playboy and just... Tony. I think each "persona" does need a bit of a different approach, almost as if they're "different identities" in a way. When I think of Tony the CEO, I think of a no-nonsense but kind boss like say, Bobby Axelrod from Billions. When I think of Tony the Playboy who wants to woo a gal, I think of Don Draper's (not Dick Whitman's...) presence with Sinatra's charm. When I think of Tony the Engineer, I think of the 90s Cartoon intro:

(Impractical and unrealistic, but **** it, it's cool)

Writers these days just jumble them all together and go with a general "tech guy who likes to party", missing the point entirely.

PS: Read #596... I hate some pages, I like some others, but I just want someone to retcon this whole mess...
    I can agree with basically all of this. Tony does have several different personas that he rolls up into one. The engineer is definitely my favorite. I'm a sucker for grittiness. I haven't read 596 yet, but I do plan on it by the weekend. The snow here kind of messed up my visit to my LCS.

Personally I love the Davide Marquez version.

Marquez does a great job. It's the guy he's had to collab with that is doing HIM a disservice.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Personally I love the Davide Marquez version.

Marquez was AWESOME! I really loved the way he drew the armor.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Marquez does a great job. It's the guy he's had to collab with that is doing HIM a disservice.
    To me when Bendis had Marquez on the art the book wasn't that bad. It was after Marquez left that it went down for Tony.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 01-31-2018 at 04:47 PM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    To me when Bendis had Marquez on the art the book wasn't that bad. It was after Marquez left that it went down for Tony.

Marquez was just that first arc, right?

That heralded first arc that promised so much. Ugh.

Marquez was just that first arc, right?

That heralded first arc that promised so much. Ugh.
    Yeah. I know. So much promise.

Glad to hear he has a lot mapped out. I wish he could let us know a little of it, but I know he can't say too much until Bendis is finished with his run.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Me too bro. It's just disheartening when we see our boy being treated so badly in his own freaking book.
    Yeah that is a great point. We only have a few issues left of Bendis though. Things are looking brighter.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Me too bro. It's just disheartening when we see our boy being treated so badly in his own freaking book.
    Not to be "that guy" but that kinda happens every Decade for Tony in his book doesn't it? The 60's was basically constantly having to plug his suit in to keep his heart going, Not sure about the 70's, The 80's had him deal with his alcoholism, The 90's was the Crossing & that whole Teen Tony/Sentient armor nonsense, The 2000's was Civil War & Dark Reign & The 2010's was Either AXIS or CWII (I'd perfect AXIS being a low point sure I hate both but AXIS was just the one written worse than CWII).

Quote Originally Posted by DJ1107 View Post
    Not to be "that guy" but that kinda happens every Decade for Tony in his book doesn't it? The 60's was basically constantly having to plug his suit in to keep his heart going, Not sure about the 70's, The 80's had him deal with his alcoholism, The 90's was the Crossing & that whole Teen Tony/Sentient armor nonsense, The 2000's was Civil War & Dark Reign & The 2010's was Either AXIS or CWII (I'd perfect AXIS being a low point sure I hate both but AXIS was just the one written worse than CWII).
    At least that was all Tony and not an AI fake Tony with someone else being top bill in the Invincible book. And at least we got Superior Iron Man from AXIS.. which was pretty cool.

I don't expect to hear much of what Slott has planned for a good while still. Maybe another two months or so. #600 will be in next month's solicitations for May.. so maybe we'll get some rumblings

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Glad to hear he has a lot mapped out. I wish he could let us know a little of it, but I know he can't say too much until Bendis is finished with his run.
    To be fair, if he said anything it could turn out to be a lie, hell, him saying that there'll be no brain swapping could be one lol.

can't wait to forget all about the current Iron Man run; much in the same way that I forgot about the Tiberius Stone stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Techno_Knight View Post
    Hmm, that is a good point. There is a difference between Tony the Engineer, Tony the CEO, Tony the Super-Hero, Tony the Playboy and just... Tony. I think each "persona" does need a bit of a different approach, almost as if they're "different identities" in a way. When I think of Tony the CEO, I think of a no-nonsense but kind boss like say, Bobby Axelrod from Billions. When I think of Tony the Playboy who wants to woo a gal, I think of Don Draper's (not Dick Whitman's...) presence with Sinatra's charm. When I think of Tony the Engineer, I think of the 90s Cartoon intro:

(Impractical and unrealistic, but **** it, it's cool)

Writers these days just jumble them all together and go with a general "tech guy who likes to party", missing the point entirely.

PS: Read #596... I hate some pages, I like some others, but I just want someone to retcon this whole mess...
    That intro brings back some great memories. I agree Tony is a multi-faceted character and that's one of the many reasons I love the character so much. To me he's as interesting out of the armor as he is in it. Very few comic characters have that to me.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 02-02-2018 at 02:04 AM.