Page 108 of 232 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112118158208 ... LastLast
Results 1,606 to 1,620 of 3469

I agree. There's so much that happens in the older issues. Stories that really drive home who characters are and really set the stage for future stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmicbeing View Post
    I am new to advertently reading and collecting comic books. I feel like I am spoiled by the modern art and can't seem to get into the old ones which there are plenty off and very cheap {mostly from the 90s maybe 80s and part of large collector hardbooks etc}. Is this a common issues or will I eventually get over it? I can read them and on rare occasions I have {star trek}, its just I can't get over how dated they are, although I feel I am missing out on a lot of good stories that made heroes like ironman who they are today.

So my question boils down to, is it worth pulling through the initial slight aversion to dated artwork and experience the older iron man comics {good enough stories and arcs of ironman?}?
    Get the David Michelenie/Bob Layton Omnibus. You will never go wrong with that.

Next, get Kurt Busiek/Sean Chen

Then Matt Fraction/Salvadore Larocca

My 7000th post is in the Iron Man thread. Awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post

This is what I have and can co-sign this post.
    Last edited by cc008; 02-09-2018 at 09:50 PM.

You're right about the list you gave and congrats on your 7,000 posts brother. Here's to 7,000 more.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

"We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

so how is this going to be resolved, with Tony's MIA status, the brother Arno, Riri's school/hero career balance, etc.?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so how is this going to be resolved, with Tony's MIA status, the brother Arno, Riri's school/hero career balance, etc.?
    Million dollar question.

In a perfect world, Tony returns with:

The adoption being a lie.

Riri finds a home with the Champions(already happening).

Rhodey's death was hoax.

We return to the business aspect of Tony's life.

New armor.

Updated and new villains who present a challenge.

No more of the "everyone thinks Tony's a jerk/a-hole."

That would all be very ideal.

Million dollar question.

In a perfect world, Tony returns with:

The adoption being a lie.

Riri finds a home with the Champions(already happening).

Rhodey's death was hoax.

We return to the business aspect of Tony's life.

New armor.

Updated and new villains who present a challenge.

No more of the "everyone thinks Tony's a jerk/a-hole."

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I would suggest picking up Len Kaminsky’s run before Fractions, but solid list.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I would suggest picking up Len Kaminsky’s run before Fractions, but solid list.
    I LOVE Kaminsky's run. Great suggestion. Is it in trade though?

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    I LOVE Kaminsky's run. Great suggestion. Is it in trade though?
    I believe this is the one?

https://www.amazon.com/Iron-Man-Mach...r+machine+book