Page 11 of 232 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mindcrime0069 View Post
    Wow i never thought of it like that, but your right....he's doing exactly what The Mandarin wanted to do back in the Knauf's run on the title.
    I agree. Something has to happen to Tony's mindset in Axis. This is a man who stopped Mandarin from spreading it. Took it completely off the table. Then when it got out again, he followed Maya's dying wish to get it back and stop it from getting out all over. He then only used it to help his friend Bruce Banner to heal from severe brain damage and all the sudden he's moving to San Francisco and giving it away on an App?! Something's up.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 07-30-2014 at 10:51 PM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

"We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Brand new interview. Check it out my fellow Iron Man fans.
    http://www.newsarama.com/21767-tom-t...-superior.html

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Brand new interview. Check it out my fellow Iron Man fans.
    http://www.newsarama.com/21767-tom-t...-superior.html
    I'm not sure how I feel about this. Isn't this the same Tony we've seen for the past few years? What's different? Tony's arrogant sure but not to the point of being self obsessed. And not having the familiar supporting cast in this isn't inspiring. But we'll see how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    And not having the familiar supporting cast in this isn't inspiring. But we'll see how it goes.
    Yeah, the lack of his supporting cast is what killed this for me. This doesn't seem like a story where anything is at stake. Really, succeed or fail, so what?

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Yeah, the lack of his supporting cast is what killed this for me. This doesn't seem like a story where anything is at stake. Really, succeed or fail, so what?
    I get the same feeling unfortunately.

I trust Tom Taylor I hope he brings his Earth 2 game to this book.
    We need better comics

Taylor's already detailed his plans, and I find them all lame. I'm not interested in Stark as the villain. I'm not interested in Daredevil being the hero of an Iron Man book. I'm not interested in a book where there is no Rhodey and Pepper and therefore no one Stark loves is in any danger. I'm not interested in Stark giving everyone Extremis like some plastic surgeon parody. I'm not interested in any of the stated plans for this book.

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    I trust Tom Taylor I hope he brings his Earth 2 game to this book.
    I like his Earth 2 but from what he said about his plans for Tony, I'm not excited about it. His Tony doesn't sound likeable right now. Whatever happens in Axis is supposed to be the catalyst for this new "old" Tony. Like I said, it just doesn't sound inspiring.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I like his Earth 2 but from what he said about his plans for Tony, I'm not excited about it. His Tony doesn't sound likeable right now. Whatever happens in Axis is supposed to be the catalyst for this new "old" Tony. Like I said, it just doesn't sound inspiring.
    I understand what you mean man I just really want an Iron Man book that I can enjoy so I'm just trying to be optimistic.
    We need better comics

I understand what you mean man I just really want an Iron Man book that I can enjoy so I'm just trying to be optimistic.
    Same here my friend. Same here.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Same here my friend. Same here.
    I'm trying guys, I haven't condemned it yet.

Here's one big problem with going back to pre-capture Tony as it is stated for this book: He was never a massive dick, he had different priorities. Making weapons and selling them. After he built the first Iron Man suit and escaped his mind shifted to becoming a hero as Iron Man on a personal level and he shifted the focus of his inventions and company to helping the world. He wasn't this giant arrogant, douchebag who then became a conscientious, hard working superhero.

They are clearly determined to just go all the way with making Stark the villain they've been hinting at for a while. Don't dress it up as being something he was before. It's patronising to people who have bought this book for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle88 View Post
    Here's one big problem with going back to pre-capture Tony as it is stated for this book: He was never a massive dick, he had different priorities. Making weapons and selling them. After he built the first Iron Man suit and escaped his mind shifted to becoming a hero as Iron Man on a personal level and he shifted the focus of his inventions and company to helping the world. He wasn't this giant arrogant, douchebag who then became a conscientious, hard working superhero.

They are clearly determined to just go all the way with making Stark the villain they've been hinting at for a while. Don't dress it up as being something he was before. It's patronising to people who have bought this book for years.
    This is true. Pre Civil War, Tony wasn't an arrogant self absorbed person. That was all before he became Iron Man.

Even before he became Iron Man he wasn't a dick. You read his origin story, and it's the story of an inventor going out into the field to help his country's soldiers survive via his inventions, when he steps on a landmind. He doesn't come across any less noble than Daredevil pushing that old man out of the way of the toxic chemicals. And alcoholism only became an issue years after he had already been a superhero. All of this stuff about Stark being an evil alcoholic pre-Iron Man is nonsense.