Page 114 of 232 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118124164214 ... LastLast
Results 1,696 to 1,710 of 3469

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    He was burned out. Now he's on a new fresh A list character and has lots if ideas. Maybe he overstayed at Spidey, but that's over know and he's on to Iron Man. And let's hope he brings it to Invincible Iron Man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, Silver Surfer was good. He's probably just been on webhead too long and needed a fresh challenge. Lets see what he does for shellhead.
    Right, exactly. It was just time to move on. He's wanted to write Iron Man for a while, let's see what he can do.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Right, exactly. It was just time to move on. He's wanted to write Iron Man for a while, let's see what he can do.
    Yeah I got a feeling he's going to do well, but I'm still worried about who will take over the art duties.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Yeah I got a feeling he's going to do well, but I'm still worried about who will take over the art duties.
    It just stinks that we still have a handful of current issues to get through first. Even the solicitations coming out this week will only have Bendis' last issue most likely. So we really have nothing to go on yet except for hope.

Yeah, tomorrow's solicits will include Iron Man #600 and Miles Morales Spider-Man #240, Bendis's last Marvel books.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, tomorrow's solicits will include Iron Man #600 and Miles Morales Spider-Man #240, Bendis's last Marvel books.
    I hope they give us a great artist. No Bachleo or Ramos
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Promo piece for "Fresh Start," with Tony right behind Peter.

And Avengers #1: http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/02/...-next-relaunch
    Last edited by cc008; 02-20-2018 at 09:26 AM.

Promo piece for "Fresh Start," with Tony right behind Peter.

And Avengers #1: http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/02/...-next-relaunch
    So I guess we're really going back to the Extremis-era armor.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So I guess we're really going back to the Extremis-era armor.
    Yeah I'm not fond of how... traditional.. it looks.

Yeah I'm not fond of how... traditional.. it looks.
    Well, it's probably one of the most iconic Iron Man armor designs, and lasted a while, so I'm not surprised to see it back.

Sometimes it's nice to go back to basics and not "reinvent the wheel."

Not for Tony. Yes, Extremis-era was a great armor. But he's an innovator. His new armors should showcase that.

Please come back and let us know what you think. I'd really like to hear your thoughts on it.
    Alright, so I read through all of Civil War since this post, including the tie ins. Here's where I stand.

Going in, I expected to pretty much hate Tony coming out of CW. I heard he did some awful stuff so I was a little biased. Through the first few issues, this was still the case. But, as the war went on and I got a better look at Tony's mindset and reasoning, I really started to understand him and sympathize with him.

Tony did the best he could. Several times during the war, it was pointed out that "going back to the good old days" was not on the table. Change was inevitable and Tony felt that he needed too to step up and compromise with the government. If not, they likely would have banned all superheroes entirely. Without Tony's actions, the superheroes would have been much worse off.

Then, you look at what Tony actually did. Several times, he tried to reason with Cap, meeting with him at Avengers Mansion and Yankee Stadium, two of my favorite scenes in the war. Steve's forces broke up the second attempt at negotiation. At another point, Tony offered Steve his hand and Steve put the electron scrambler in it. Tony was, in a lot of ways, consistently the more reasonable of the two throughout the war. Tony winds up helping Aunt May after she is shot, despite feeling so betrayed by Peter's actions.

I also am touched by Tony's emotions. The way I read it, nothing he did was for himself. In fact, he hated every second of it. He knew that most, if not all, of his friends would hate him for his actions. To many people, he would not be a true "hero" anymore. Tony lost two of his very best friends, Happy and Steve, and he pushed on because he knew he was right.

I wound up disliking Cap a lot more than I felt anything negative towards Tony. Cap was being naive and, I would argue, blindly stubborn. Tony even pointed out that Steve wasn't seeing the world for the complicated place that it is. Cap fought on a lot longer than he should have and he refused to truly consider any alternatives because they didn't mesh with his principles. I would say that a lot of the things that go wrong/the bad things that happen in CW can be blamed on Cap.

Tony is not guilt free. But he's not a monster or a villain for what he did and I definitely don't hate him or even dislike him for what he did. I'm reading the aftermath now (I read Planet Hulk and now I'm onto The Initiative.)
    Always Forward. Forward Always.

Fantastic Member

Not for Tony. Yes, Extremis-era was a great armor. But he's an innovator. His new armors should showcase that.
    I agree the Extremis -era was great armor . Why take a step back in design ?

iMan 42s

So if we're back to Extremis then what is that on the Adamantium Agenda cover? If he's back to Extremis, why? It's a good looking suit but the technical of that is long since passed.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Just that it looks like Extremis. Not that it is .