Page 13 of 232 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

I don't get Marvel's recent obsession with turning their heroes into massive A-holes/borderline bad guys? It's not just Tony, it's Strange, Namor, Cap during AVX (imo), Rogue in UA (ugh), and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    I don't get Marvel's recent obsession with turning their heroes into massive A-holes/borderline bad guys? It's not just Tony, it's Strange, Namor, Cap during AVX (imo), Rogue in UA (ugh), and so on.
    I can understand adding dimensions to a character. But they're going too far with the gray areas with many of their heroes.

BANNED

Just wanted to post and say I found a recent Iron Man story of the character that I actually liked recently The original Sin tie in of Iron Man vs Hulk.
    Its nice seeing Iron Man being written good again without the backstabbing. Which makes me hope Mark Waid gets a chance to write the character perhaps he'll fare much better with Iron Man than he did Hulk.

Ultimate Member

Yeah, the "truth" about OS was a nice twist. I was actually hoping that things would end up playing out like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I don't think it will help. But I ap.pre.ci.ate the effort.
    You know me brother. I try.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 08-11-2014 at 09:29 PM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Mindcrime0069 View Post
    http://www.newsarama.com/21846-axis-...down-live.html

Okay this explains the Superior Iron Man angle. Something happens during Axis to corrupt Tony (looks like Deadpool, Luke Cage and Strange flip too, among others)) and turn then into their worst nightmares. Now this makes a bit of since, because the one thing Tony feared was Extremis getting loose. What do you guys think? Does this peak your curiosity now?
    That's what I thought it was going to be from the beginning. I think Red Skull messes with their minds somehow.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 08-11-2014 at 09:28 PM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

So would you guys recommended the OS Iron Man vs Hulk mini. I'll get the trade if it's good.
    We need better comics

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    So would you guys recommended the OS Iron Man vs Hulk mini. I'll get the trade if it's good.
    Yeah brother. You should check it out. It really ended good.

iron man.jpg

iron man 2.jpg

iron man 3.jpg

SUPERIOR IRON MAN #1
    TOM TAYLOR (W) • YILDIRAY ÇINAR (A)
    Cover by MIKE CHOI
    Variant Cover by YILDIRAY ÇINAR
    VARIANT COVER BY SARA PICHELLI
    VARIANT COVER BY SKOTTIE YOUNG
    75th ANNIVERSARY VARIANT BY ALEX ROSS
    75th ANNIVERSARY SKETCH VARIANT BY ALEX ROSS
    ROCKET RACCOON & GROOT VARIANT BY TBA
    BLANK VARIANT ALSO AVAILABLE

Be Superior! How much would you pay for perfection? Beauty? Immortality? Tony Stark knows, and he’s ready to give it to you in SUPERIOR IRON MAN #1! But at a terrible price. Spinning out of Avengers & X-Men: AXIS, the old Tony Stark is back, only this time he’s SUPERIOR! More stylish, more confident, and more cunning than ever before. And he’s ready to lead you into the future! San Francisco is about to become the prototype for his new world concept. The first step? Release Extremis upon the entire city! Only Daredevil isn’t down with Stark’s new vision of the future. Does the Man Without Fear have a place in the city of tomorrow? A bold new direction for the Armored Avenger begins this November from the all-new creative team of Tom Taylor (Injustice: Gods Among Us, Earth 2) and Yildray Cinar (Supergirl)!

BE SUPERIOR!

NEW CREATIVE TEAM TOM (INJUSTICE: GODS AMONG US/EARTH 2) Taylor AND YILDIRAY (SUPERGIRL) ÇINAR START AN ALL-NEW SERIES SPINNING OUT OF AXIS!

• How much would you pay for perfection, beauty…immortality? TONY STARK is going to find out.

• The AXIS EFFECT has changed IRON MAN

• Now HE’S going to change the WORLD…at a terrible cost.

32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    SUPERIOR IRON MAN #2
    TOM TAYLOR (W) • YILDIRAY ÇINAR (A)
    Cover by MIKE CHOI
    VARIANT COVER BY PHIL NOTO
    THE SUPERIORITY COMPLEX!

• TONY STARK has transformed SAN FRANCISCO…into the prototype for his NEW WORLD concept

• But MATT MURDOCK isn’t down with Tony’s new vision

• Can DAREDEVIL lead the rebellion against THE SUPERIOR IRON MAN?

32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    November solicitations

I'm really excited for this and I need that Alex Ross cover.
    We need better comics

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    iron man.jpg

iron man 2.jpg

iron man 3.jpg

November solicitations

I'm really excited for this and I need that Alex Ross cover.
    Thanks for posting this brother! Those covers are amazing! I will have to get those if they are variants. I'm pretty sure the Alex Ross one is. And thanks for posting the solicitations.

I was just looking through my Michelinie/Layton/JR Omnibus and just enjoying a great run. I hope they do an omnibus with Fraction's run and the Knaufs as well. I'm going to read Avengers:The Bride of Ultron again because that has some great IM action in it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I was just looking through my Michelinie/Layton/JR Omnibus and just enjoying a great run. I hope they do an omnibus with Fraction's run and the Knaufs as well. I'm going to read Avengers:The Bride of Ultron again because that has some great IM action in it as well.
    I already had the singles, but I finally have the Knauf's run in trade. You wouldn't believe how hard it was to find The Execute Program trade for a reasonable price. I hope they do a Fraction and Knauf's omnibus as well. They are both such incredible runs and I can't put into words the love I have for Stark Disassembled. As for as digging deep down into a character and showing you what makes him who he is. It's just brilliant stuff and to me Hauntedd is the greatest Mandarin story ever told. That should be Iron Man 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    I already had the singles, but I finally have the Knauf's run in trade. You wouldn't believe how hard it was to find The Execute Program trade for a reasonable price. I hope they do a Fraction and Knauf's omnibus as well. They are both such incredible runs and I can't put into words the love I have for Stark Disassembled. As for as digging deep down into a character and showing you what makes him who he is. It's just brilliant stuff and to me Hauntedd is the greatest Mandarin story ever told. That should be Iron Man 4.
    Oh I know man, I've been trying to put a complete Knaufs run together for years. I have a lot of the singles but missing a few here and there. I want them collected in a hardcover. I've got Vol 1 and 3 of Fraction and I'm looking to get the rest at a good price at my LCS. Fraction's run is just brilliant imo and I agree with you that it really captures who Tony is and what he's all about. I'm glad that I have a complete run of his Iron Man. I guess that what has me kinda bummed about what they're doing now because it's undoing everything that Fraction's run did to revitalize Tony.