Page 206 of 232 FirstFirst ... 106156196202203204205206207208209210216 ... LastLast
Results 3,076 to 3,090 of 3469

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    As always thanks Juan678. That is really cool entrance video to Tony's new book.The more Dan Slott talks about what they are doing with Tony, the more I can't wait to see it.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 06-22-2018 at 04:12 PM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Ditto, that was great Juan!

On another note. I heard from someone, not necessarily an expert, that RDJ was not going to play IM anymore and after the Avengers movie he was done? Is this true?
    I would sure hate to think of not seeing a new IM movie anymore, they are some of the very best of the MU. Do you think they will continue on with the movie series and just find a different actor? Sadly, RDJ does not age in comic book years, so I understand if he has to step down; I just cannot envision anyone else as Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Dad View Post
    On another note. I heard from someone, not necessarily an expert, that RDJ was not going to play IM anymore and after the Avengers movie he was done? Is this true?
    I would sure hate to think of not seeing a new IM movie anymore, they are some of the very best of the MU. Do you think they will continue on with the movie series and just find a different actor? Sadly, RDJ does not age in comic book years, so I understand if he has to step down; I just cannot envision anyone else as Tony.
    I with you on not wanting to see RDJ step down. The MCU will be less fun for me when he's not around. I heard Avengers 4 is his last one as well, but I'm hoping that is not true because as you've stated that no one can replace RDJ as Tony Stark/Iron Man.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

I do think that other actors could pull him off, but I am nervous that if they pick a younger actor, they would be temped to "re-boot" and retell the origin story again and I like the one we currently have in the MU.

If they do replace him with a younger version, maybe it could just focus on his early adventures /that were not covered in the movies/ after the IM #1 movie. In the long run, I really like RDJ, but sometimes I just want another IM movie. IM relates more to the big screen than any other MU character in my opinion. BP comes very close, with Thor following. Dr. Strange's actor was good too. I really like the Hulk, but there is just no way to make a big monster realistic at this point in movies. Spider Man was my child hood favorite, but somehow, his movies still have not made me jump for joy. IM in my opinion not only looked cool, but realistic as well.

I do think that other actors could pull him off, but I am nervous that if they pick a younger actor, they would be temped to "re-boot" and retell the origin story again and I like the one we currently have in the MU.

If they do replace him with a younger version, maybe it could just focus on his early adventures /that were not covered in the movies/ after the IM #1 movie. In the long run, I really like RDJ, but sometimes I just want another IM movie. IM relates more to the big screen than any other MU character in my opinion. BP comes very close, with Thor following. Dr. Strange's actor was good too. I really like the Hulk, but there is just no way to make a big monster realistic at this point in movies. Spider Man was my child hood favorite, but somehow, his movies still have not made me jump for joy. IM in my opinion not only looked cool, but realistic as well.
    I like how the Iron Man world tried to have some realism in it. As much as they could. I couldn't think of another actor young or old that would be a good replacement for RDJ. I would love to see an Iron Man 4 too, but I think that's pretty unlikely. Although I'd want it to star RDJ.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 06-22-2018 at 10:12 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    "Bendis left so many exciting loose threads.." and that's where I finally stopped reading.
    Hahaha. Same here!

I'm not sure they would recast Iron Man. I think Iron Man as a character would just be done. There's several actors whose contracts are up after Avengers 4, and, yeah, people are worried they're going to be phased out/be killed as the MCU focuses on the new heroes like Captain Marvel, Spider Man, Doctor Strange, Black Panther, Ant Man, and get rid of the original ones.

That will be a sad day.
    At least for now we have the prospects of a really great comic run in the works!

Quote Originally Posted by okiedokiewo View Post
    I'm not sure they would recast Iron Man. I think Iron Man as a character would just be done. There's several actors whose contracts are up after Avengers 4, and, yeah, people are worried they're going to be phased out/be killed as the MCU focuses on the new heroes like Captain Marvel, Spider Man, Doctor Strange, Black Panther, Ant Man, and get rid of the original ones.
    This is something I've heard to. I'm not hoping for it, but everything has it's time. As I've stated I don't know if anyone can replace RDJ. It will be a very sad day for me and not as fun as it was, but of course I will still support the MCU in going to all the movies.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 06-24-2018 at 02:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    I wonder why Marvel did not let Dan Slott do Iron Man? He might have been a better fit for the book as opposed toward making Peter Parker into Tony Stark based on Doc Ock's ideas.
    Reading each and every post on the IM thread. Just had to quote this one from 2015. Looks like darthfury78 got their wish!

The 2nd thing I want to say is; after reading each and every post since the forum rebooted, I am a little disappointed in this IM thread. There were times when weeks went by between posts!

I say we all take a vow, and say from this point forward; "Not a day goes by without Tony"! Let's keep these post alive and well. Shell Head, Tony, Iron Man, the Golden Avenger deserves it!!!

Reading each and every post on the IM thread. Just had to quote this one from 2015. Looks like darthfury78 got their wish!
    WOW! Great catch Mantis Dad. Darthfury 78 called it. I read some of Dan Slott's run and had Peter runinng his company and making better suits to battle his foes. It reminded me a great deal of Tony Stark. Tony was even in a few issues of Spider-Man and Slott really has a grasp for the character of Tony.

The 2nd thing I want to say is; after reading each and every post since the forum rebooted, I am a little disappointed in this IM thread. There were times when weeks went by between posts!

I say we all take a vow, and say from this point forward; "Not a day goes by without Tony"! Let's keep these post alive and well. Shell Head, Tony, Iron Man, the Golden Avenger deserves it!!!
    Well stated. I'll take the blame for it as I should be posting hear a lot more. For a while what Bendis did by putting Tony in a coma and a lot of us just didn't want to talk about it. Now we have Tony back and new people who read the first issue and have become fans of Tony and are starting to post in here. So I see this thread keeping up more than ever.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 06-24-2018 at 02:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Well stated. I'll take the blame for it as I should be posting hear a lot more. For a while what Bendis did just had Tony in a coma and a lot of us just didn't want to talk about it. Now we have Tony back and new people who read the first issue and have become fans of Tony and are starting to post in here. So I see this thread keeping up more than ever.
    Good Job TS! I look to you and the OP as the flagship posters on this thread, but I willing to
    help while I can!
    BTW, I sent you a PM if you have not seen it yet. It's about the un-announced IM 4 film /JK, its just a PM/.