Page 220 of 232 FirstFirst ... 120170210216217218219220221222223224230 ... LastLast
Results 3,286 to 3,300 of 3469
    iMan 42s

I would've preferred Arno Stark honestly to come back. At least with Arno it was an addition to the mythos that on some level people like.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Neither Amanda nor HYDRA Dad bring move the needle.

Having Howard Stark be apart of Leonardo DaVinci's SHIELD was something to give Tony to explore and does he inherit his father's position.

And we know very little about Maria. Lot's to explore.
    Absolutely. Seeing Tony investigate more on Howard history with SHIELD would be a lot more exciting then going foreward with any of Bendis's left over threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Maria Stark was really thrown under the bus with this retcon. Her name was given to the foundation that bankrolled the Avengers.
    I know. The retcon basically make them some the worst parents in the history of comics IMO. They adopted Tony just to be a decoy?!?! How is that not one of they most f@#ked up situations to put a child in.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 07-06-2018 at 03:09 PM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

double post.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

iMan 42s

Tony's parents are by far one of the most interesting relationships in comics mostly due to the things outside of Tony. Howard is a charismatic globetrotting adventurer- who then comes home, gets plastered and abuses his son. That in of itself is fascinating. You can be almost a superhero, and be one of the worst parents on the planet. That relationship with Tony is kind of heartbreaking really because regardless of it being Tony's biological father or not, his father treats his son like crap. That's what's missing from his biological mother. There is no dynamic here and further makes her existence ring hollow.
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    I would've preferred Arno Stark honestly to come back. At least with Arno it was an addition to the mythos that on some level people like.

I have been away for so long that I do not even know who "Arno" is. So I am kind of glad they if they don't introduce all these new people too fast.

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Dad View Post

I have been away for so long that I do not even know who "Arno" is. So I am kind of glad they if they don't introduce all these new people too fast.
    Arno is sort of new. Arno Stark (Iron man 2020) was a time traveling super-villain who sometime around 2020 became the Iron man of his year. If you've ever seen a classic styled Iron man with gears for shoulder pads and an 80's style ninja star, you've seen Arno. He's had some appearances lately with him getting reintroduced in Gillen's run, basically a glorified cameo in the Bendis run, an alternate universe version in one of the Avengers books during Marvel Now, and he even makes an incredibly brief appearance in Avengers Assemble.

But as of the main continuity he's Tony's brother whom got involved in the whole Iron man thing and wears his own exoskeleton to help him walk. He was even partially responsible for the whole Doc Green Hulk spinning out of Original Sin.

Tony's parents are by far one of the most interesting relationships in comics mostly due to the things outside of Tony. Howard is a charismatic globetrotting adventurer- who then comes home, gets plastered and abuses his son. That in of itself is fascinating. You can be almost a superhero, and be one of the worst parents on the planet. That relationship with Tony is kind of heartbreaking really because regardless of it being Tony's biological father or not, his father treats his son like crap. That's what's missing from his biological mother. There is no dynamic here and further makes her existence ring hollow.
    It makes them worse parents as they adopted him for a despicable reason. Tony adored Maria and still holds fond memories of her to this day. Really makes Howard look so disgusting as a father. Forcing Tony to drink. I mean the list just goes on, but that does give for good drama. That's why they didn't have to change Tony's biological parents.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 07-07-2018 at 03:59 AM.

I like that Tony has a brother. I just don't like how they went about giving him one.

Have to think in my opinion that I am better off for not knowing this Arno fellow.

A little interview with Bob Layton about Avengers 4.
    http://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/07/...on-man-writer/

He was even partially responsible for the whole Doc Green Hulk spinning out of Original Sin.
    I remember him and Tony doing that in Hulk #4. I love when Tony does stuff like that. Mad scientist type ****.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 07-07-2018 at 03:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Dad View Post
    Have to think in my opinion that I am better off for not knowing this Arno fellow.
    He's not a bad character IMO. Him and Tony have big plans for the future.

Here are a couple of tributes to Tony I found by DailyAsgardianNews. Not sure if they have already been linked before in the thread but I enjoy them/they put a smile on my face so here they are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1JHOX00QJk&t=175s- Iron Man: Nothing Suits me Like a Suit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izcYlSlnRsA- Tony Stark: 24k Magic

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    I remember him and Tony doing that in Hulk #4. I love when Tony does stuff like that. Mad scientist type ****.
    That mini was awesome. It actually does make me regret not picking up more of the Doc Green stuff as it was coming out because I genuinely did enjoy the setup.