Page 3 of 232 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    I really wish they would stop the hero vs. hero infighting that turns into a dramatic fiasco like Civil War or AvX. Get them back fighting villains.
    So well put. The books are so much more interesting when everyone gets along, and I can't wait for them to get back to the days when the teams were united against common enemies rather than X-Man fighting X-Man or Avenger fighting Avenger or the kind of misery we all had to endure through AvX.

These are all flawed, fascinating characters who make difficult decisions every day, some of which will pay off and some of which will bite them in the butt. The writing is always stronger and the stories more compelling IMO when everyone gets to have a voice and a rationale for their actions and a chance to explain why they have done the things they did rather than just being rendered speechless in the face of other people's moral superiority or righteous indignation or being made the bad guy to make another character look good. I'm worried about what the Illuminati revelations are going to do to Henry's reputation as well.

[QUOTE=Marvell2100;91708]Welcome to the thread. I can't remember the first IM comic I picked up it was so long ago. I think I started reading him in the Avengers and then jumped over to his solo.

Thanks bro! Yeah I remember picking his book up in a 7-11. I begged my mom to by it for me, and she did lol! From then on I've been reading Iron Man book. War Machine/Iron Patriot, Iron Man, Hawkeye, and the Avengers have always been favs of mine.
    Last edited by jmarks4life; 05-18-2014 at 05:13 PM.

[QUOTE=jmarks4life;93863
    Thanks bro! Yeah I remember picking his book up in a 7-11. I begged my mom to by it for me, and she did lol! From then on I've been reading Iron Man book. War Machine/Iron Patriot, Iron Man, Hawkeye, and the Avengers have always been favs of mine.[/QUOTE]

Oh man, the 7-11s were like gold back in the day! There were a couple in the city I live in that were a few blocks from each other and I'd jump from store to store checking the spinner rack. I think my first comic with Iron Man might have been Avengers #166. Man that was so long ago, the memory is too fuzzy.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Oh man, the 7-11s were like gold back in the day! There were a couple in the city I live in that were a few blocks from each other and I'd jump from store to store checking the spinner rack. I think my first comic with Iron Man might have been Avengers #166. Man that was so long ago, the memory is too fuzzy.
    Haha you know exactly what I'm talking about then! Me & and buddy of mine would walk to one near us, and be there what felt like hours lol! I was always a Marvel guy, he liked both but mostly DC.

Quote Originally Posted by jmarks4life View Post
    Haha you know exactly what I'm talking about then! Me & and buddy of mine would walk to one near us, and be there what felt like hours lol! I was always a Marvel guy, he liked both but mostly DC.
    I know man! Luckily I had a very patient grandpa who would take me to the "book store" and wait on me as I checked each slot in the rack. I started with DC "family" books like Superman, Batman and Shazam Family then jumped big time into Marvel with Uncanny X-Men and Avengers.

When I saw Iron Man, I always thought it was so cool seeing a guy in armor like that. He could fly, shoot beams from his hands and was super strong. He had the best powers to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I know man! Luckily I had a very patient grandpa who would take me to the "book store" and wait on me as I checked each slot in the rack. I started with DC "family" books like Superman, Batman and Shazam Family then jumped big time into Marvel with Uncanny X-Men and Avengers.

When I saw Iron Man, I always thought it was so cool seeing a guy in armor like that. He could fly, shoot beams from his hands and was super strong. He had the best powers to me.
    Those were the very same things that made me love the Iron Man & War Machine character lol! I was thought how cool it would be to have a suit of armour that can do what those suits do.

I have everything (individual comics - I don't do a lot of trades) since and including Extremis (well, I eventually gave up on Fraction - right after Fear Itself, so I guess I'm missing 10 or 15 issues).

I know that a lot of folks don't love the new run, but you've got to like how well he's handling Malekith and the Dark Elves. He comes prepared, then he cleans up. I'm digging it.

It wasn't so long ago (and perhaps is still the case) that IM fans felt that Tony was getting blamed for everything (Civil War, etc) and jobbed by everyone (JMS's Thor #3, for example), so it's nice to see Tony do well, if only in his own comic.

BANNED

[img]http://api.ning.com/files/kMyzkPYXBOF4tnyItN*FoFoOl6yqoSaDVk6CcMcRGxJ8p4ImlJ iwMUf-ceMjHMIlhlh-LRH3wBN2b126AXmvm4A0F7*BfwxU/IMEvolution.jpg[/img]

Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    I have everything (individual comics - I don't do a lot of trades) since and including Extremis (well, I eventually gave up on Fraction - right after Fear Itself, so I guess I'm missing 10 or 15 issues).

I know that a lot of folks don't love the new run, but you've got to like how well he's handling Malekith and the Dark Elves. He comes prepared, then he cleans up. I'm digging it.

It wasn't so long ago (and perhaps is still the case) that IM fans felt that Tony was getting blamed for everything (Civil War, etc) and jobbed by everyone (JMS's Thor #3, for example), so it's nice to see Tony do well, if only in his own comic.
    Tony does get singled out a lot for things I agree. And that's a pretty big collection you've got. I wish they had better action figures and statues . I've only got one and haven't been really impressed with what's out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post

I'm actually enjoying the current run. The whole thing with him having a brother is a little weird cus I'm used to Tony being a only child, but its still a good series imo.

So Iron Man wasn't solicited in August does that mean we have a relaunch coming soon?

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    So Iron Man wasn't solicited in August does that mean we have a relaunch coming soon?
    Now we know. Gillen is leaving. I can't say that I'm sad because I haven't really enjoyed his run. I think he took Tony too far from his roots. I think Tony needs to be back in the business of building his business and having a strong supporting cast.

Fantastic Member

DSC00518.JPGDSC00517.JPG Pick these up awhile ago for my comic room . The fabric picture is from cover of 134 1985 .

Fantastic Member

I am also enjoying the current series . But have you read the annual # 1 . Were Tony's brother finds out about the extremis project . Wonder how they are going to tie it in . And will he modify it for himself .

Quote Originally Posted by John Keyt View Post
    I am also enjoying the current series . But have you read the annual # 1 . Were Tony's brother finds out about the extremis project . Wonder how they are going to tie it in . And will he modify it for himself .
    I haven't but I may check it out now. Your comic room just got more awesomer.