Page 36 of 232 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839404686136 ... LastLast

double post
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 06-09-2016 at 12:49 PM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Fantastic Member

Any thoughts on the new iron man comic coming out Infamous Iron man with Victor Von Doom ? Think they are going to retire Tony for a while with Riri coming on board . Been really enjoying the 2 current series .

Quote Originally Posted by John Keyt View Post
    Any thoughts on the new iron man comic coming out Infamous Iron man with Victor Von Doom ? Think they are going to retire Tony for a while with Riri coming on board . Been really enjoying the 2 current series .
    I'm not looking forward to Tony being upstaged by Doctor Doom.

BANNED

Can anyone recommend a really good Iron Man story from any time period? I recently read Extremis and would like to read something else with Tony. That Bendis run was weak and I only stuck with it because they didn't tamper with the character. Yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    Can anyone recommend a really good Iron Man story from any time period? I recently read Extremis and would like to read something else with Tony. That Bendis run was weak and I only stuck with it because they didn't tamper with the character. Yet.
    Demon in a Bottle and Armor Wars are some of the strongest and most notable classic Iron Man stuff.

Kurt Busiek's Iron Man run (collected in Omnibus format) is pretty great.

Fraction's modern run is also very well-regarded.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Demon in a Bottle and Armor Wars are some of the strongest and most notable classic Iron Man stuff.

Kurt Busiek's Iron Man run (collected in Omnibus format) is pretty great.

Fraction's modern run is also very well-regarded.
    Busiek did a run? I love his work, sounds great. And I've heard about those classic runs you mentioned being great as well. Hopefully my library system has them, those trades are bloody expensive!

You should read right after Ellis as the Knauf's come on and just killed it. It's the best Mandarin story I have ever read. Then jump on to Factions run. Believe me you are in for a great ride.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 08-09-2016 at 02:17 PM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by John Keyt View Post
    I'll check it out, but I think it's funny Doom wants to take Tony's place and be the new Iron Man.

Extraordinary Member

Iron Man-Iron Secretary stories from #73-85 by John Jackson Miller.

Tony Stark becomes US Secretary of Defense to make sure his weapons aren't misused.

Its as close to Tom Clancy as the Iron Man books ever get.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    You should read right after Ellis as the Knauf's come on and just kill it. It's the best Mandarin story I have ever read. The jump on to Factions run. Believe me you are in for a great ride.
    Ive never read a Mandarin story before, I love the premise of the character though. He seems like the perfect adversary for Tony. Will look for that run.

The one good thing about characters you like being replaced is that it gives you a chance to look back on their old stories. The current situation with Tony has encouraged me to do just that.

Fantastic Member

I agree the Mandarin story line was great , in that series . Crazy how Doom whats to take over .

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Iron Man-Iron Secretary stories from #73-85 by John Jackson Miller.

Tony Stark becomes US Secretary of Defense to make sure his weapons aren't misused.

Its as close to Tom Clancy as the Iron Man books ever get.
    I second the John Jackson Miller run. That, Knaufs and Ellis were great. I personally hated, hated, hated Fraction run (with the exception of the first short story arc).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wish the Busiek run had gone on longer. I really think he was doing some strong stuff with the character and property, from what I'd read.
    100% in agreement

Tony had a good showing against Hyperion; in the last issue of Hyperion's book. he had prep time. but it was pretty inventive; his dark neutrino ray.

BANNED

Hyperion? Really? Now that IS impressive to read.