Page 6 of 232 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    You have to read his title. Nearly all characters appearing in other titles are written ooc. Captain America is a good example of this. I don't judge characters based on "event" writing.
    Really from what I've seen Gillen does a great job of writing Tony still being a douche even in his own title and that infinity comic mini.

Is issue #28, released today, the last of the current Iron Man series? I can't find anything about it past that.

Quote Originally Posted by topfueluhl View Post
    Is issue #28, released today, the last of the current Iron Man series? I can't find anything about it past that.
    That's it for now. I think after the 8 months later storyline they will come with a new creative team.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Rogue Fan since the 80's Sandman813's Avatar

Iron man of late is really good.
    Last edited by Sandman813; 06-18-2014 at 04:48 PM.
    KRAKOA MUST FALL

Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock Holmes View Post
    That's it for now. I think after the 8 months later storyline they will come with a new creative team.
    pardon my ignorance, what is this "8 months later" storyline you speak of?

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman813 View Post
    Iron man of late is really good.
    Yeah, it's a shame that Gillen's run is ending, because it was getting pretty good. It feels like the story's ended a bit too abruptly, when it could've materialized into something great. But then, the latest volume had a rough start, thanks to the Guardians of the Galaxy tie-in status quo that kept Tony away from everything on Earth and the plagiarized art of Greg Land.

On the other hand, I'm fairly certain that Arno would've ended up as evil at some point, based on the foreshadowing of him using Extremis. We need another disabled character being a super-villain like we need a trepanation, so at least that didn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by topfueluhl View Post
    pardon my ignorance, what is this "8 months later" storyline you speak of?
    Hickman's Avengers storyline
    We need better comics

I can't say I've been too fond of Gillen's run on Iron Man. I tried to get into it but it was very diffficult for me. I didn't likethe Secret Origin story or that he joined the Guardians. I just think it wa too much and there didn't seem to be a purpose for any of it, at least to me. I'm geared up forthe next creative team and hope they get Tony back to basics.

I can't say I've been too fond of Gillen's run on Iron Man. I tried to get into it but it was very diffficult for me. I didn't likethe Secret Origin story or that he joined the Guardians. I just think it wa too much and there didn't seem to be a purpose for any of it, at least to me. I'm geared up forthe next creative team and hope they get Tony back to basics.
    To be fair to Gillen, the Guardians membership was an inherited status quo from Bendis' Guardians of the Galaxy reboot-- where Tony was basically just a tourist who did little except make the Guardians look more impressive by comparison. Not really the best use of such a dramatic shift in status quo, where the character is literally light years away from his supporting cast, rogue's gallery, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Kapit View Post
    To be fair to Gillen, the Guardians membership was an inherited status quo from Bendis' Guardians of the Galaxy reboot-- where Tony was basically just a tourist who did little except make the Guardians look more impressive by comparison. Not really the best use of such a dramatic shift in status quo, where the character is literally light years away from his supporting cast, rogue's gallery, etc.
    I think you summed it up pretty well. Tony was basically a tourist in the hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy.

I agree brother. Of course I was still getting it lol. I have to say I enjoyed this Malekith storyline. I was telling my cousin to me I've got spoiled on such great Iron Man runs. I mean we went from Ellis to the Knaufs to Fraction and I've loved every single minute of it.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Last edited by Tony Stark; 07-20-2014 at 11:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock Holmes View Post
    I agree brother. Of course I was still getting it lol. I have to say I enjoyed this Malekith storyline. I was telling my cousin to me I've got spoiled on such great Iron Man runs. I mean we went from Ellis to the Knaufs to Fraction and I've loved every single minute of it.
    I really tried to stick with it but it was getting to hard for me. I've got Gillen's run all the way up to 20. I'll get the trade for the rest. I'm looking forward to see what they do with Tony in the next run, especially with what went down in the Avengers.

I really tried to stick with it but it was getting to hard for me. I've got Gillen's run all the way up to 20. I'll get the trade for the rest. I'm looking forward to see what they do with Tony in the next run, especially with what went down in the Avengers.
    You lasted way longer than me lol, I gave up around 8.

I got a spot in my pullist for the relaunch.
    We need better comics

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    You lasted way longer than me lol, I gave up around 8.

I got a spot in my pullist for the relaunch.
    I really, really tried. I'm definitely on for the relaunch.