Page 82 of 232 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692132182 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 3469

Quote Originally Posted by Techno_Knight View Post
    I know that it killed my interest...
    Give me Tony I'm there give me Tony with no Bendis I'm there with a smile.
    Last edited by Jokerz79; 10-19-2017 at 09:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    I don't think it was a goof at all. I think it was probably called for in the script. I think Bendis wanted it in there as a nod to that part of Tony's history and felt that there would be a multitude of ways to explain the image without it being a continuity snafu. His Twitter reply, for example, was obviously humorous but it also functions perfectly well as a legit explanation.
    I was trying to be kind and give him the benefit of a doubt because there is nothing about Bendis that has ever showed me he cares about Continuity.

I don't think it was a goof at all. I think it was probably called for in the script. I think Bendis wanted it in there as a nod to that part of Tony's history and felt that there would be a multitude of ways to explain the image without it being a continuity snafu. His Twitter reply, for example, was obviously humorous but it also functions perfectly well as a legit explanation.
    It honestly seemed like more of a nod to Spider-Man's history then Tony's, unless it was just meant to be a reference to the Civil War era which I don't think is something you want to be reminding people of .
    I'm sure IM will continue to do well.

I mean, seriously. The book has maintained consistent sales over an extended period with Riri and A.I. Tony. And Doom's book was well-received so an uptick with Tony on the road back seems inevitable. At the very least, IM is going to continue to hold steady so don't worry about it.

Also, don't look to something as nebulous as online hype to determine whether a book is doing well or not.
    It's a Bendis book.

Regardless of critical opinion on the quality it's probably going to sell well.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It honestly seemed like more of a nod to Spider-Man's history then Tony's, unless it was just meant to be a reference to the Civil War era which I don't think is something you want to be reminding people of .
    Some would say that CW is when Tony became an even more fascinating, multi-leveled character.

It's a Bendis book.

Regardless of critical opinion on the quality it's probably going to sell well.
    Bendis sells because many fans enjoy his writing. It's dismissive of his work to just say his name on a book sells it, regardless of quality. He's been around long enough that if enough readers found they didn't enjoy his style and didn't feel compelled to stick with him, he would've faded out or been forced to drastically change his approach by now.

Some would say that CW is when Tony became an even more fascinating, multi-leveled character.
    He did when writers had to scramble to justify how badly he was acting during the actual event to at least try and gain some sympathy for his character. But they still ended up basically rebooting him midway through Fraction's run by erasing his memories so he wouldn't seem responsible for what he did during the Civil War.

Even the movie had to work to make sure he didn't become the villain he was in the original story.

Bendis sells because many fans enjoy his writing. It's dismissive of his work to just say his name on a book sells it, regardless of quality. He's been around long enough that if enough readers found they didn't enjoy his style and didn't feel compelled to stick with him, he would've faded out or been forced to drastically change his approach by now.
    Bendis sells because his earlier work became popular and seminal, so his name became synonymous with "good" and "successful" so people are always checking out his books even when they aren't on par with his earlier work.

It's the same with a lot of big-name writers with the Big Two.

BANNED

He did when writers had to scramble to justify how badly he was acting during the actual event to at least try and gain some sympathy for his character. But they still ended up basically rebooting him midway through Fraction's run by erasing his memories so he wouldn't seem responsible for what he did during the Civil War.

Even the movie had to work to make sure he didn't become the villain he was in the original story.
    He wasn't a villain in the original story. He made divisive choices, yes, but that doesn't make him a villain.

And the movie was telling a different story, in a different medium, with the character in a very different place.

Also, it's easier to take risks with a character when the next installment of their story is in a month - and there'll be another installment the following month and so on and so on - rather than getting to spend only two hours or so with a character every few years.

Bendis sells because his earlier work became popular and seminal, so his name became synonymous with "good" and "successful" so people are always checking out his books even when they aren't on par with his earlier work.
    Some readers would argue Bendis still working in top form. Maybe not every single time at bat but certainly enough where he isn't resting on his laurels and people are reading his current stuff strictly on its own merits and not just because he wrote something they liked ten years ago or more.

He wasn't a villain in the original story. He made divisive choices, yes, but that doesn't make him a villain.

And the movie was telling a different story, in a different medium, with the character in a very different place.

Also, it's easier to take risks with a character when the next installment of their story is in a month - and there'll be another installment the following month and so on and so on - rather than getting to spend only two hours or so with a character every few years.

Some readers would argue Bendis still working in top form. Maybe not every single time at bat but certainly enough where he isn't resting on his laurels and people are reading his current stuff strictly on its own merits and not just because he wrote something they liked ten years ago or more.
    Some readers would be wrong. lol

Though, I agree Stark wasn't a villain in CW. No matter how badly Millar wanted him to try and come off as one.

He wasn't intended to be the villain in the original story but by the end of it most viewed him as the "bad guy."

Just like Civil War II was supposed to come off as fair to both sides but Carol still ended up being the "bad guy" and Tony became a stark-raving lunatic.

But the story beats and overall intention of the story was similar enough, as an adaption,

Like, I'd say the Secret Invasion adaption on Earth's Mightiest Heroes was better then the comic but even with all the differences it had enough of the same beats to the actual comic story.

I would argue he's on top form in some books, particularly street-level, but not exactly with others.

But I think his reputation is keeping him a strong-seller irregardless.

BANNED

Has Marvel stated officially that Riri is a greater mind than Tony?

because i remember Bendis saying she was actually even smarter than Tony

but in the top 10 lists https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLR4EnRNaDw marvel did, they have her lower than him

Quote Originally Posted by Random4 View Post
    Has Marvel stated officially that Riri is a greater mind than Tony?

because i remember Bendis saying she was actually even smarter than Tony

but in the top 10 lists https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLR4EnRNaDw marvel did, they have her lower than him
    Didn't he say Amara was supposed to be smarter then Tony ?

BANNED

ANAD, where the guy with the mind of a computer, powered by a mini neutron star is getting outranked by... randoms... It helps if you consider everything Post-ANAD a new AU. Hey, it helped me anyway. Seriously, if you think about it, the only characters who are the same as when their creation are... Doom & the F4. The Molecule Man. Maybe T'Challa. Strange came close. Seriously, yeah. The rest went through Heroes Reborn and died during Secret Wars. Hell, current Tony is the copy of an un-inverted copy of the amalgam of 3 different versions.

Didn't he say Amara was supposed to be smarter then Tony ?
    And my OC Bloodt-Gun has, like, 1M IQ, created a Time Machine from Pringles cans and a Sprite, went back in time, became Julius Caesar, Alexander the Great & Napoleon, then fucked Celopatra, killed Rasputin, came back, created a Space Empire with 5$ and then became God. Take THAT! Oh, and Do-nut St-EAL!111!1
    Last edited by Techno_Knight; 10-19-2017 at 10:57 PM.

OK, who do want as the new writer of Invincible Iron Man? Bendis just signed a DC exclusive deal, so he's off the book.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Bendis just signed a DC exclusive deal, so he's off the book.
    We all kind of thought he'd be gone after #600, but this obviously confirms it.

BANNED

Yes! The monster has been defeated. Tony's free! FREEEEE!

Now let's just hope that:

a) The new writer is competent.

b) And does away with all of Bendis' ****.

Such a Happy Day.