Page 94 of 232 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798104144194 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 3469

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    No worries haha. When I saw Dark Knight we actually gave it a standing ovation at the end credits. I partly would say Iron Man was better to stir trouble, but I do prefer Marvel.
    In a lot of ways, I'm coming around. When you contrast the MCU to the DCEU...man, Marvel takes the cake and it's not even a competition. Comics-wise, I've been enjoying Rebirth more on the whole but Marvel has some really good stuff (Deadpool's tie-ins during Secret Empire immediately comes to mind.)
    Always Forward. Forward Always.

Quote Originally Posted by Comic Book Junkie View Post
    In a lot of ways, I'm coming around. When you contrast the MCU to the DCEU...man, Marvel takes the cake and it's not even a competition. Comics-wise, I've been enjoying Rebirth more on the whole but Marvel has some really good stuff (Deadpool's tie-ins during Secret Empire immediately comes to mind.)
    Duggan's been wonderful on Deadpool and I'll be sad to see him off the title eventually. But yeah, I've never read any DC. I've thought about it at times... especially Batman or The Flash. Flashpoint is something that's actually piqued my interest.

One of the reasons I started reading Iron Man around the time both movies came out was because I preferred Marvel to DC and I thought they had such similar alter egos.

Duggan's been wonderful on Deadpool and I'll be sad to see him off the title eventually. But yeah, I've never read any DC. I've thought about it at times... especially Batman or The Flash. Flashpoint is something that's actually piqued my interest.

One of the reasons I started reading Iron Man around the time both movies came out was because I preferred Marvel to DC and I thought they had such similar alter egos.
    Flashpoint is awesome. Batman/Flash are two of my favorites. "The Button" story in rebirth is also good, with Batman and Flash being the two main characters. Bruce and Tony are very similar in a lot of ways. In some ways, Tony has another layer of compelling backstory because of the difference in their relationships with their fathers. Bruce's parents were murdered, which is a huge part of his character. Tony has such a complicated relationship with his father, one that I don't know nearly enough about to speak of lengthily.

Tony's parents were ALSO murdered, but the killer got away with it by disguising it as an accidental car crash.
    http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Howard_Stark_(Earth-616)
    On the Ides of March, Howard and Maria died in a car accident. It has been hinted that the incident was not an accident but a planned assassination. Many suspects have been named such as the V-Battalion, Roxxon and Hydra.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Hickman's Shield did allude that it was staged though. TBH, I do wish more characters had living parents. Pretty much everyone has dead folks these days, and it makes them feel too similar.

It can only go up from Bendis. I'm ready for Slott to take over just keep Tony like how he was written in that Regent arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Tony's parents were ALSO murdered, but the killer got away with it by disguising it as an accidental car crash.
    http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Howard_Stark_(Earth-616)
    I should have clarified that I mean Bruce lost his as a kid, which made it such a huge part of his development.

Quote Originally Posted by Techno_Knight View Post
    Hickman's Shield did allude that it was staged though. TBH, I do wish more characters had living parents. Pretty much everyone has dead folks these days, and it makes them feel too similar.
    Guh. That's how we wound up with Amanda Armstrong.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    I was thinking along the lines of never killing them in the first place, but that's AU talk.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Ugh, what a mess this whole adopted thing created.

I was never afraid to tell people I liked Iron Man better
    Hope you did so with gusto - I have!

��
    Iron Man fan

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Reager View Post
    Hope you did so with gusto - I have!

��
    mucho gusto

Ugh, what a mess this whole adopted thing created.
    I need a flashback of Maria like "Wait a minute Tony looks like you, is a genius like you, and acts like you Howard."

BANNED

The covers for this series have been so creative lately /sarcasm