Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: Superman/Wonder Woman, #13

Welcome the new creative team of writer Peter J. Tomasi (BATMAN AND ROBIN) and Doug Mahnke (JUSTICE LEAGUE)! The unity between Superman and Wonder Woman will be tested as never before as a mysterious group of villains make their New 52 debut - but first, Atomic Skull and Major Disaster cause trouble for our favorite heroic couple!

Full article here.

BANNED

It's gonna be good! Tomasi's one of my favorite writers (he's been on fire in Batman & Robin since forever).

BANNED

what a way to throw WW character under the bus. completely out of character.

I don't really like the way Diana was written here but a lot changes in 5 years
    We need better comics

Fantastic Member

That's a pretty good Superman, I think. Buuut.. it's Geoff Johns' Wonder Woman from JL Origin/War. It seems odd to retcon the Superman there to make him feel more like classic Superman but leave Diana as Johns' over-zealous battle-hungry newbie. I wonder where Tomasi is going with this, this had better not become 'Mansplaining: The comic'.

"Fast than a speeding bullet" needs to shut up with all the "help me" talk and just DO it.

I like that Diana dismissed his wall suggestion and that we're getting a glimpse into her perceptions of man's fragile world.

I'm not overly concerned about her being as ignorant as she's being portrayed. As UltimateTy stated, "A lot changes in 5 years".

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    I don't really like the way Diana was written here but a lot changes in 5 years
    well she was pretty great when azzarello wrote her in the past, but the writer has to make her a brute and superman the perfect hero. Imagine that between cap and black widow? really bad writing

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Yeah... that's not a good portrayal of ANY Wonder Woman. Well, maybe the Miller one from ASBAR.

It could still be a good story though, because Mahnke is drawing and Tomasi might get around to having a point to make.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Yeah... that's not a good portrayal of ANY Wonder Woman. Well, maybe the Miller one from ASBAR.

It could still be a good story though, because Mahnke is drawing and Tomasi might get around to having a point to make.
    If the point to make is that Superman will help WW be more heroic than warrior, no thanks.

I really tired of this portrayal of WW, that always happen when superman is around. is a way to force them being different for the relationship work

Amazing Member

Lol this totally makes that scene from JL:Origin look completely different. And its a little jarring to see WW classify our world as "beautiful but full of needy weaklings". I guess this is consistent with how she acted in Secret Origins. Chatting with injured people. However, it kind of makes you wonder how she ever bothered with Trevor if she was so frustrated with human weakness. I mean I can get how someone with her attributes could feel that way but then it leads to the question of why she would bother in the first place. Is that what makes her exceptional? Cause she goes against the amazon norm and decides to help rather than leave the weaklings to their deserved fate?

Also why does she constantly act like human beings are incapable of smashing concrete and having bulletproof skin by choice? Did growing up on Paradise Island somehow make her think amazonian durability is normal?

Yeah i dont like that portrayal of WW either, but hold your chickens people. This is 5 years ago.

BANNED

i was planning on dropping this book post-Soule, but Tomasi has made me a huge fan with his Batman & Robin run, so i'll probably stick with it for a while longer.

the preview was alright.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Yeah i dont like that portrayal of WW either, but hold your chickens people. This is 5 years ago.
    still awful anyway. 5 years before, 20 years later it's a wrong way to portray WW

Quote Originally Posted by SaintRhon View Post
    Lol this totally makes that scene from JL:Origin look completely different. And its a little jarring to see WW classify our world as "beautiful but full of needy weaklings". I guess this is consistent with how she acted in Secret Origins. Chatting with injured people. However, it kind of makes you wonder how she ever bothered with Trevor if she was so frustrated with human weakness. I mean I can get how someone with her attributes could feel that way but then it leads to the question of why she would bother in the first place. Is that what makes her exceptional? Cause she goes against the amazon norm and decides to help rather than leave the weaklings to their deserved fate?

Also why does she constantly act like human beings are incapable of smashing concrete and having bulletproof skin by choice? Did growing up on Paradise Island somehow make her think amazonian durability is normal?
    I don't even understand why she bothered to date trevor. Unless they will retcon it

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

To be fair, Johns wrote a bad WW in Origin. Tomasi is just keeping in check with continuity.

BANNED

The tone read off to me as well, but then realizing this was 5 years ago it makes some sense. She seems a little denser than in the original story in JLA but still within the "hit, fight, kill" start of her "Is there a harpy" intro in that title.
    Superman has got some nice eyelashes