Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Default Superman/Wonder Woman #13 Preview

You all probably saw this on the front page but just in case you didn't.....

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...eview&id=24641
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

BANNED

It's some awful mansplaining here. of course superman looks good.
    wonder what is Brett opinion on it

Always Rakzo

Said it before in other places. I have problems with Diana's characterization.

The art looks good though.

I dropped this book when the Doomed storyline started... since it was terrible. I don't think this preview is going to convince me to pick it up again. I'm tired of this horrible characterization of Diana, I don't get it.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by spark627 View Post
    I dropped this book when the Doomed storyline started... since it was terrible. I don't think this preview is going to convince me to pick it up again. I'm tired of this horrible characterization of Diana, I don't get it.
    It's perfect characterization. Diana is fresh from the Island and used to each and everyone protecting themselves. Of course the idea that others need protection would be a foreign concept. Quite frankly, I'm surprised it hasn't been explored before.

Fantastic Member

Does she have to be so arrogant about it?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gbshabo View Post
    It's perfect characterization. Diana is fresh from the Island and used to each and everyone protecting themselves. Of course the idea that others need protection would be a foreign concept. Quite frankly, I'm surprised it hasn't been explored before.
    Not really, it's not Azz characterization. WW knows the value of a life to protect it, like was the case of the minotaur. she is not this simple warrior, never was.

in JL opening arc Superman was all about the fight, and he was pretty arrogant too. I don't know where this gentle superman came

Looks good i can't wait, that art i'm in love.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Diana understands the value of life, hence why she said she was not going to let the man die. She was just waxing poetic. She is used to doing things at a different speed and in a different way. Like how she wants to cull the herd of enemies more than directly protect the masses. Different tactics, different priorities. She is thinking of winning the war, Superman is worried about the common man. Two different and valid perspectives.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RobinFan4880 View Post
    Diana understands the value of life, hence why she said she was not going to let the man die. She was just waxing poetic. She is used to doing things at a different speed and in a different way. Like how she wants to cull the herd of enemies more than directly protect the masses. Different tactics, different priorities. She is thinking of winning the war, Superman is worried about the common man. Two different and valid perspectives.
    she said she wasn't going to let the man die, but she was talking all the time instead of getting help for him. Imagine a doctor saying things, instead of help. So her help was pretty bad and dumb. It's not a different tactic, she just ignoring innocents lifes. that's not the diana that Azz ever wrote nor the WW I want to read

Quote Originally Posted by SeanT View Post
    Does she have to be so arrogant about it?
    While I don't like it, this is rather in-line with how she's been portrayed upon her first arrival. If Tomasi gets the present day characterization in-line as well, she should be quite different after the flashback.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    While I don't like it, this is rather in-line with how she's been portrayed upon her first arrival. If Tomasi gets the present day characterization in-line as well, she should be quite different after the flashback.
    and it was wrong. Azz ever wrote her like this? no, so she shouldn't be like this.

again superman wasn't wrote like this by johns in the beggining, but it is fine to Tomasi change it to make him look better?

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    Not really, it's not Azz characterization. WW knows the value of a life to protect it, like was the case of the minotaur. she is not this simple warrior, never was.

in JL opening arc Superman was all about the fight, and he was pretty arrogant too. I don't know where this gentle superman came

To be fair, Azz never showed us Diana fresh off of the island. His stories were all set either before she left or 5 years after she left.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    and it was wrong. Azz ever wrote her like this? no, so she shouldn't be like this.

again superman wasn't wrote like this by johns in the beggining, but it is fine to Tomasi change it to make him look better?
    Maybe if we got a full background/origin from Azz we would know things like her statement 'I love everyone'. Maybe we would know why she knew to get bracelets made from Hephestaus to hold in her god-power. Maybe we would know why she was naive about the thrice a century ritual of the sex pirate raids.

But we don't, so apparently the new crew can do as they please, just like Azz did. Also, they are taking it from the origin from when the Justice League formed, not from any of the Azz storylines.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    To be fair, Azz never showed us Diana fresh off of the island. His stories were all set either before she left or 5 years after she left.
    anyway even if he never shpwed, the personalities aren't compatible. I don't need to see azz young WW out of the island to know that she will not act like this brute warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by wagthedog View Post
    Maybe if we got a full background/origin from Azz we would know things like her statement 'I love everyone'. Maybe we would know why she knew to get bracelets made from Hephestaus to hold in her god-power. Maybe we would know why she was naive about the thrice a century ritual of the sex pirate raids.

But we don't, so apparently the new crew can do as they please, just like Azz did. Also, they are taking it from the origin from when the Justice League formed, not from any of the Azz storylines.
    my previous answer.

I don't think Azz being more specific would make writers do his version not the johns one