Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Those About to Die: Who Will Join WB's "Suicide Squad" Movie?

DC Comics' "Suicide Squad" is headed to the big screen in director David Ayer's 2016 film adaptation, but who which characters will join the fight?

Full article here.

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

Just to be a dork, I'm going to point that you left out that Amanda Waller first appeared in live-action on "Smallville" and tied her in with Checkmate and Suicide Squad.

Plus she was played by Pam Grier:
    Smallville-Waller.jpg

Out of all the plethora of movie lined up I think I am the most stoked for this one. This has the potential to be Soooooo good.

Oh, I think it's pretty obvious they will go with the slim Amanda Waller. Heaven forbid they cast a better actress who isn't thin and set the character apart from everything else in movies and tv.

Wasn't Vixen heavily rumored to appear at one point?

Quote Originally Posted by PretenderNX01 View Post
    Just to be a dork, I'm going to point that you left out that Amanda Waller first appeared in live-action on "Smallville" and tied her in with Checkmate and Suicide Squad.

Smallville-Waller.jpg
    One thing I want to say is I love that Gotham quote you have there. Particularly loved Alfreds' no nonsense response to it.

What is the significance of Pam Grier playing Amanda Waller, by the way?

And, who would people like to play her in the DCCU, or was she somehow in Man Of Steel?

Whether they reboot Green Lantern or not, Angela Basset was a good choice for the Wall - she has the commanding presence, a certain number of years under her belt, but is also a fine figure of a woman.

Retired

I would guess that the significance of Pam Grier is that her coolness quotient is off the charts. I wouldn't mind if she was the Wall, again. But quite frankly, I'm exhausted with Waller. I kind of wish they would leave her out of the Suicide Squad--maybe give Rick Flag a chance.

I think they need a few more heavyweight villains in the movie. Yes we like Deadshot, Bronze Tiger and Captain Boomerang--but the general public don't know who they are. Poison Ivy, Solomon Grundy and the Riddler would be good. I really don't believe the Joker would ever join the Suicide Squad--maybe he will just be in a cameo role.
    Last edited by Jim Kelly; 11-17-2014 at 06:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I would guess that the significance of Pam Grier is that her coolness quotient is off the charts. I wouldn't mind if she was the Wall, again. But quite frankly, I'm exhausted with Waller. I kind of wish they would leave her out of the Suicide Squad--maybe give Rick Flag a chance.

I think they need a few more heavyweight villains in the movie. Yes we like Deadshot, Bronze Tiger and Captain Boomerang--but the general public don't know who they are. Poison Ivy, Solomon Grundy and the Riddler would be good. I really don't believe the Joker would ever join the Suicide Squad--maybe he will just be in a cameo role.
    I wouldn't mind MORE than a cameo, though I could accept just a couple scenes for Lex, but could be an asset.

And, I could point out that any public watching Arrow know Bronze Tiger, and will know Captain Boomerang from it, plus multiple other incarnations.

Deadshot, from Arrow as well, plus multiple other incarnations, such as the 10 year long Smallville.

Yeah, I can see that with Amanda, though I wasn't fond of Rick in Smallville myself, so maybe Slade Wilson, or Harley, would be a more likeable leader.

Retired

The original original Suicide Squad had Rick Flag--so I'd like them to bring back that guy. I think the leader needs to be someone from the government--not one of the crooks. If not Amanda or Rick then someone like Barbara Gordon or King Faraday.

While I'd like to think that ARROW gets a large audience, it's not on a major network so I believe a lot of the audience who come to see the motion picture will not have exposure to those characters. GOTHAM, being on a major network (albeit Fox), has a better chance of cultivating an interest in the villains.

Poison Ivy would be good, because she already has that relationship with Harley (from the animated series and the comics). And maybe given Solomon Grundy is part plant, Ivy could have some influence over his actions.

Quote Originally Posted by PretenderNX01 View Post

Smallville-Waller.jpg
    She appeared long before that in the cartoons. Or are you saying her first live action appearance was smallville?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post

someone suggested the joker is the target of the squad. Not a member. It takes a group of lunatics to catch a psychopath.

BANNED

Captain Boomerang please!!

Quote Originally Posted by saul_on_the_road_to_damascus View Post
    She appeared long before that in the cartoons. Or are you saying her first live action appearance was smallville?
    Yeah, they're saying they first appeared in live-action there, saul, not animation, or media wise.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

I just hope they look to Ostranders more intelligent run for inspiration, and avoid anything with "New 52" on the cover...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES