Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Anyone here sick of this new ultimate nick fury

Ever since the movies they've been using that version quite alot in every media and now the 616 comics even going as far as to kill off uatu the watcher by nick fury just to make him the new watcher so sam Jackson can take his place. DECADES of appearances and this is what he's reduced to now!?! Thanks to that I keep getting confused as to rather his son was the real nick fury or not.

Do you agree that ultimate/Samuel l Jackson nick fury is an annoying pain in the ass.

Spectacular Member

Nope. In fact, I think he's not being used enough. I had hoped that he would have gotten more page time in Secret Avengers, but that book has been disappointing in that regard.

Extraordinary Member

I honestly think if they wanted the mainstream version to be more like Jackson's, they should have just made him that way and pretended he'd been that way all along. Continuity obsessives would freak out, but the history of the character would be preserved. The Ultimate version of Fury worked because he was presented as a guy who had a lot of experience behind him. This guy is not and can't be.

Maybe when Everything Ends they can bring the actual Ultimate Nick over to 616. That would work better.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I honestly think if they wanted the mainstream version to be more like Jackson's, they should have just made him that way and pretended he'd been that way all along. Continuity obsessives would freak out, but the history of the character would be preserved. The Ultimate version of Fury worked because he was presented as a guy who had a lot of experience behind him. This guy is not and can't be.

Maybe when Everything Ends they can bring the actual Ultimate Nick over to 616. That would work better.
    Agree with this. They should have either moved Ultimate Nick Fury over to 616 almost seamlessly or developed Nick Fury jr more and kept both Nick Fury in some way. At first I was little bothered by it, like keep Ultimate Ultimate and 616 616 but now I like the change honestly.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by marvelguy25 View Post
    Ever since the movies they've been using that version quite alot in every media and now the 616 comics even going as far as to kill off uatu the watcher by nick fury just to make him the new watcher so sam Jackson can take his place. DECADES of appearances and this is what he's reduced to now!?! Thanks to that I keep getting confused as to rather his son was the real nick fury or not.

Do you agree that ultimate/Samuel l Jackson nick fury is an annoying pain in the ass.
    I find posts like these problematic.

Ultimate Nick Fury wasn't annoying at all and was one of the spines of the Ultimate Universe.

Young Fury's introduction was clumsy (that Battle Scars mini ending was problematic for me) but the character doesn't even feature enough to sicken anybody. If anything, Marvel should use the character more often.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

He's just sort of ....there. I just don't know enough about his intro that when he pops up in a story he just doesn't register with me. And he's got a long way to go to be as cool as Jim Steranko's Nick Fury was IMO. Ultimate Nick Fury is kind of repulsive to me, especially how he kept a diary of how he cheated on his wife by sleeping with all her female friends and female relatives. Since it was Millar I am surprised he didn't start on the male relatives too.

Spectacular Member

I actually like Junior. His intro could have been handled better, like him already being aware that he's Junior and being full ware that "Marcus" was a protective ID that he was given. That's the only thing that Battle Scars did that I didn't like.

I just wish we had more stories of an active Agent, not just him laying in a bed nearly the entire run of SA. I bought this series for Hunior, not Hawkeyes, Spider-woman or Widow. I was hoping for some Fury and Colson adventure, but all I've got was disappointment from SA.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rajikaru View Post
    Nope. In fact, I think he's not being used enough. I had hoped that he would have gotten more page time in Secret Avengers, but that book has been disappointing in that regard.

I buy a lot of Marvel books, and I rarely see him. I didnt buy Secret due to the art mostly, so I dont get why anyone would be sick of an easily avoidable character........oh wait I do

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    He's just sort of ....there. I just don't know enough about his intro that when he pops up in a story he just doesn't register with me. And he's got a long way to go to be as cool as Jim Steranko's Nick Fury was IMO. Ultimate Nick Fury is kind of repulsive to me, especially how he kept a diary of how he cheated on his wife by sleeping with all her female friends and female relatives. Since it was Millar I am surprised he didn't start on the male relatives too.
    Honestly, thats why I loved Ultimate Nick because he was a scumbag. His only redeeming quality was that he was on "our side".

Nope. Perhaps in the comics but not in the other media. Sam Jackson was most people's first exposure to Nick Fury so it makes sense that they'd go with the Ultimate version in merchandise, cartoons, and video games.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Nope. Perhaps in the comics but not in the other media. Sam Jackson was most people's first exposure to Nick Fury so it makes sense that they'd go with the Ultimate version in merchandise, cartoons, and video games.
    And the ultimate version has been used alot in media already. I get that it's for marketing purposes but I had enough of his face. Just bring back the real one already. Like everyone said he hasn't been used of in the mainstream comics and was just there.

Astonishing Member

And the ultimate version has been used alot in media already. I get that it's for marketing purposes but I had enough of his face. Just bring back the real one already. Like everyone said he hasn't been used of in the mainstream comics and was just there.
    You realize Nick isnt dead right. They just made him more powerful and a lot more cosmic. Anytime a writer has an idea for him, he is right there to be used in kind of story they want.

Yes i am, I'm especially pissed off at how they handled the original Nick in Original Sin.

And Nick Fury Jr is the worst offensive character Marvel has dished out since the Red Hulk.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post

And the ultimate version has been used alot in media already. I get that it's for marketing purposes but I had enough of his face.
    Then unfortunately, you're just gonna have to deal with it. That is Nick Fury for much of the audience now and as long as the movies are going that isn't going to change anytime soon.