Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by runguy View Post
    More specifically whoever "re-enchanted" the hammer (its now if SHE be worthy) made sure that it came with "instructions". I also wonder if whoever is behind the hammer reacted to what Fury told Thor to make him unworthy (e.g. we need a God of Thunder) or is the person behind all of this.
    It wasn't re-enchanted, it's just that the enchantment changed the engraving to reflect the current weilder.

And yeah, I am pretty sure that it is instilling a bit of Thor into her, acting as training wheels of a sort. A while back, Mjolnir was damaged, and it was repaired using Thor's life force, so.... that may have altered the enchantment.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    It wasn't re-enchanted, it's just that the enchantment changed the engraving to reflect the current weilder.

And yeah, I am pretty sure that it is instilling a bit of Thor into her, acting as training wheels of a sort. A while back, Mjolnir was damaged, and it was repaired using Thor's life force, so.... that may have altered the enchantment.
    Well, we do know that Odin (who originally placed his enchantment on the hammer) no longer has control over it. As far as Thor's life force it will be interesting to see if Aaron acknowledges that from JMS's run or if it has anything to do with what's happened to the hammer. I wonder while Odin was gone if the All Mother had the Odin force?

F*cking hel what a great book!

BANNED

I'll come back to the series once the gimmick wears off. Sorry but names and titles are different and Thor is his name. She could have just called herself Thunderer and now I await the response that I'm apparently sexist.

BANNED

How boring comics would become if it was decided that nothing could ever change!

Edit: and another thing, one is Thor Odinson and another is Thor (something else).
    Last edited by Rogue Star; 12-03-2014 at 08:41 AM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by stingnewell View Post
    I'll come back to the series once the gimmick wears off. Sorry but names and titles are different and Thor is his name. She could have just called herself Thunderer and now I await the response that I'm apparently sexist.
    Well, its only a gimmick if the story isn't any good and so far its a good story so I'm in!

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    How boring comics would become if it was decided that nothing could ever change!

Edit: and another thing, one is Thor Odinson and another is Thor (something else).

Actually no "Thor" is not something else, but that's a whole discussion in itself.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post

I have no words for you so agree to disagree or you hate my opinion and I hate your opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by runguy View Post
    Well, its only a gimmick if the story isn't any good and so far its a good story so I'm in!
    So by your definition that whole "Not Thor" appearing on a talk show isn't considered a gimmick.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HaveAtThee View Post

Actually no "Thor" is not something else, but that's a whole discussion in itself.
    Thor (Something else) as in Thor (insert last name here). I wonder if you misunderstood me or disliked the opinion regardless.

I have no words for you so agree to disagree or you hate my opinion and I hate your opinion.

Not caring works just fine for me.

So by your definition that whole "Not Thor" appearing on a talk show isn't considered a gimmick.
    The announcement may have been gimmicky, I will grant you that. But Jason Aaron had nothing to do with that, and I don't think the story was planned as a 'gimmick' and shouldn't be judged based on how it was announced.

I am enjoying it, and am in it for the long haul, I think a lot of people are jumping to conclusions about it waaaaaay too early.
    Last edited by Raye; 12-04-2014 at 03:50 AM.