Page 7 of 125 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast
    Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Wait a minute, are you talking about them being teleported to that ark or whatever it was? Aren't you exaggerating by calling it mass murder? Then I guess Franklin committed mass murder in the last issue of Onslaught.
    Another thing is that we saw in UA 22 or 23 I forget which issue they where still talking on how the plan would work, so really it was not finished either and we can't go by the now reversed time since things have changed. Finally all the hate for the plan, yet Wolverine and other X-Men came in on the talk and called it a good plan. So yea the hate on it is not replicated by any of the other heroes in the book.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by Mikekerr3 View Post
    She kidnapped the entire mutant race with the intent that they fight, including kids, the essentially powerless and the unwilling. Dropping people into a combat situation is like dropping them into a Shark feeding frenzy. Many are going to die. She intentally, ruthless and murderous placed them in harms way.
    You mean like the x-books pit teens under harms way under the guise of a school? Even Inhuman has teens fighting a fight they did not create. The alterative would've been death.

UA is very clear about the situation. Planet X was created because the earth was gonna be destroyed. If that had happened and the whole team let it, you'd be here crying about how Wanda let that happen.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    You mean like the x-books pit teens under harms way under the guise of a school? Even Inhuman has teens fighting a fight they did not create. The alterative would've been death.

UA is very clear about the situation. Planet X was created because the earth was gonna be destroyed. If that had happened and the whole team let it, you'd be here crying about how Wanda let that happen.
    I agree with that.

BANNED

Wanda's rant about Magneto at the end of HoM, I attribute to the possession, because it's the only thing that makes sense. She's never whined about him when she messed up. It was never my daddy didn't love me, when she didn't win a battle. He just wasn't a figure in her life. For many years it was all Avengers stuff and her relationship with Vision.

Nah..I'll call it lazy and bad writing. A writer confusing Wanda from 616 with Wanda from the X men Evolution cartoon. Now THAT MAGNETO left her and went after his goals. But the real Magneto? Come on...Bendis just likes to do his non continuity set ups and events. Not to mention he had Wanda sounding like she hated mutants more than Bolivar Trask. Was ridiculous. Stupid.

planet x was mutant utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomuniverse View Post
    Nah..I'll call it lazy and bad writing. A writer confusing Wanda from 616 with Wanda from the X men Evolution cartoon. Now THAT MAGNETO left her and went after his goals. But the real Magneto? Come on...Bendis just likes to do his non continuity set ups and events. Not to mention he had Wanda sounding like she hated mutants more than Bolivar Trask. Was ridiculous. Stupid.
    I agree with you on that, it's just how I make sense of it. It is lazy writing if readers have to develop a lot of headcanon to have it make sense.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Thanks for pointing that out. I was also going to add isn't there a certain age before they even know they have mutant powers? I am guessing it is the early teens. Kitty was an X-Man when she was around 13 and fighting the Brood wasn't she?
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 11-17-2014 at 01:20 PM.

Thanks for pointing that out. I was also going to add isn't there a certain age before the even know they have mutant powers? I am guessing it is the early teens. Kitty was an X-Man when she was around 13 and fighting the Brood wasn't she?
    Not only that but the New Mutants ended up in battles and they were emphatically told that was a school, just a school. Future Foundation kids end up in situations they didn't bargain for. Just did recently with rescuing Dragon Man.

Comics aren't the best with kids and consent, parents and consent, etc. But it's been there since the kid sidekick thing. And is there for young kids to have someone to relate to in the books.

Thanks for pointing that out. I was also going to add isn't there a certain age before the even know they have mutant powers? I am guessing it is the early teens. Kitty was an X-Man when she was around 13 and fighting the Brood wasn't she?
    that doesn't excuse a madwoman taking a helpless child and throwing him or her into battle without any warning. plenty of mutant powers are non-combat and it's immoral to make them fight trained killers

Then better start hating the whole genre of comics there, pal.

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    planet x was mutant utopia.
    We don't really know how conditions were for the majority of mutants, and even if they were quite pleasant I'd hesitate to call an oligarchy secretly ruled by the Twins a true utopia of any kind. And even if that was accurate, for Planet X to happen still required the destruction of Earth and death of billions. If you truly don't think saving those billions was a good and worthwhile thing, say so and accept your Chaotic Evil button pin now.

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    We don't really know how conditions were for the majority of mutants, and even if they were quite pleasant I'd hesitate to call an oligarchy secretly ruled by the Twins a true utopia of any kind. And even if that was accurate, for Planet X to happen still required the destruction of Earth and death of billions. If you truly don't think saving those billions was a good and worthwhile thing, say so and accept your Chaotic Evil button pin now.
    Can i have one too ?.

And no matter how much do you spin it, Planet X was still a much better place for the mutants than the Earth 616.

And well, yeah billions were saved, but probably trillions had been slaughtered by Thanos and the Cabal, and the Illuminati, thanks to the Incursions.
    So................................................ .......

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Can i have one too ?.

And no matter how much do you spin it, Planet X was still a much better place for the mutants than the Earth 616.

And well, yeah billions were saved, but probably trillions had been slaughtered by Thanos and the Cabal, and the Illuminati, thanks to the Incursions.
    So................................................ .......
    First off, what's the link between the two? That if they'd let Exitar's destruction of Earth stand and given up on those billions, the 616 universe would have been safe from Incursions and the inhabitants of those other Earths would not have died?

Not true. They might not have been killed by the Cabal, but they would still have just suffered Incursions with other universes, where if nobody destroyed one or the other Earth, not only would they have still died, but also the inhabitants of all the other planets and galaxies in those universes. Horrendous as their actions and motivations may be, the Cabal is actually cutting down on the death toll in all these other universes by greater than 99.99999% than if 616 Earth was gone and nobody from the 616 universe involved.

And anyway, trillions? At ~7 billion for our Earth, are we saying the Cabal has had occasion to destroy over 140 comparable alternate Earths, to even get up to 1 trillion? And even if that were the case, since there are billions of stars in each galaxy, of which thousands or at least hundreds will have inhabited planets, and then there are billions of galaxies in the cosmos, if they have killed on the order of 10^12, that would mean they've saved on the order of 10^23, not to include the 616 reality multiple times.

that's the exact connection. since earth is the incursion point, if you remove earth then the 616 are safe from incursion.

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    First off, what's the link between the two? That if they'd let Exitar's destruction of Earth stand and given up on those billions, the 616 universe would have been safe from Incursions and the inhabitants of those other Earths would not have died?

Not true. They might not have been killed by the Cabal, but they would still have just suffered Incursions with other universes, where if nobody destroyed one or the other Earth, not only would they have still died, but also the inhabitants of all the other planets and galaxies in those universes. Horrendous as their actions and motivations may be, the Cabal is actually cutting down on the death toll in all these other universes by greater than 99.99999% than if 616 Earth was gone and nobody from the 616 universe involved.

And anyway, trillions? At ~7 billion for our Earth, are we saying the Cabal has had occasion to destroy over 140 comparable alternate Earths, to even get up to 1 trillion? And even if that were the case, since there are billions of stars in each galaxy, of which thousands or at least hundreds will have inhabited planets, and then there are billions of galaxies in the cosmos, if they have killed on the order of 10^12, that would mean they've saved on the order of 10^23, not to include the 616 reality multiple times.
    Yeah, maybe trillons was an exageration, because to get that body count, Thanos would have to destroy one earth every 32 hours until May 2015.