Page 4 of 125 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

What Scarlet Witch did in House of M wasn't her fault.

She was possessed by an outside force. It's canon in Marvel comics now after Children's Crusade. Possession in comics isn't new and it will continue to happen. I mean, only recently did Iceman freeze the whole world or something because of the Death Seed. It's comics, this stuff happens.

Scarlet Witch has been trying to be a hero and if some people want to hold on to stories of 10 years ago where a character was possessed to do something bad (which again isn't a new thing) then so be it. Jean Grey, Hal Jordan and even Bishop did crazy things but were all eventually restored to heroic status. Wolverine killed DOZENS of SHIELD agents in Enemy of State (when he was killed and resurrected by the Hand) and he was welcomed back to the X-men and Avengers afterwards. It's part and parcel of superhero comics and its probably not going to stop anytime soon.

I still don't see why Scarlet Witch is being singled out even after it was explained that she was possessed by an outside force.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Sure it's possible. If Hal Jordan can be redeemed anyone can be. It's really just a matter of the writers at marvel deciding they're done milking this particular story and it's time to move on.
    This.

There's no character that can't be redeemed if the writers are determined to make it so.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post

She was possessed by an outside force. It's canon in Marvel comics now after Children's Crusade. Possession in comics isn't new and it will continue to happen. I mean, only recently did Iceman freeze the whole world or something because of the Death Seed. It's comics, this stuff happens.

Scarlet Witch has been trying to be a hero and if some people want to hold on to stories of 10 years ago where a character was possessed to do something bad (which again isn't a new thing) then so be it. Jean Grey, Hal Jordan and even Bishop did crazy things but were all eventually restored to heroic status. Wolverine killed DOZENS of SHIELD agents in Enemy of State (when he was killed and resurrected by the Hand) and he was welcomed back to the X-men and Avengers afterwards. It's part and parcel of superhero comics and its probably not going to stop anytime soon.

I still don't see why Scarlet Witch is being singled out even after it was explained that she was possessed by an outside force.
    genocide is hard to forget - Never again, never forget: Remembering the wanda genocide .... Crimes left unpunished leave the criminal with more power and more resolve to continue committing crimes.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by asiea View Post
    genocide is hard to forget - Never again, never forget: Remembering the wanda genocide .... Crimes left unpunished leave the criminal with more power and more resolve to continue committing crimes.
    She wasn't herself when she did it.

She was possessed.

NO MORE MUTANTS is her fault.

How come??

She wasn't herself when she did it.

She was possessed.
    no reason for genocide I Can NOT Forgive Her!

Maybe we’ll get a “Trial of Wanda Maximoff” crossover in a few years and that will sort everything out.Wanda caused a genocide, yet the Avengers aren't doing much by standards with justice.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Mikekerr3 View Post
    What story since then hasd not made her more the villian. CC just dug the hole deeper and RR is digging the hole deeper with power tools

Is anyone actually going to try to redeem the character, at this point is it possible to do so?
    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Sure it's possible. If Hal Jordan can be redeemed anyone can be. It's really just a matter of the writers at marvel deciding they're done milking this particular story and it's time to move on.
    This.

There's no character that can't be redeemed if the writers are determined to make it so.
    Pretty much all on point with what XPac said, any hero can comeback from misuse. Really it is not a matter of how WE want it or How WE would like it to be, it is a matter of What MARVEL wants it to be. They will do what they feel is necessary to bring her back, which is still in a process but still working itself out. Allot complain about the Rocky Road, Including myself, but all characters now seem on the same Rocky Roads by Marvel, just different versions for each, that is just the Reality in how Marvel Acts and Thinks, they don't change.

Really it is a sense of both fixing a her and a factor of Marvel giving Credence to their Golden Boy Bendis for making money for them, but it dries out after time and seems to be coming to an end soon. Hal Jordan was the same and after the story was done fans moved on, now it is all about the New 52 Stuff and the Ring Wars. Times move on, yea writers like RR make funky choices, but all his characters are in the same boat, it is how he is. So really I don't sweet the small stuff, the missing plot-holes or the not filled in details cause Marvel really after time does not care either, they have a company to run and move onto the next thing. So really it is taking what you can, analyzing it and hoping for the next best as the story moves on. I don't expect perfection, books are made by Humans who main aim are $$$$ and career.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Ultimate Member

Maybe we’ll get a “Trial of Wanda Maximoff” crossover in a few years and that will sort everything out.Wanda caused a genocide, yet the Avengers aren't doing much by standards with justice.
    You can trial her but you'd be hard pressed to convict her because she wasn't herself when it happened.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

You can trial her but you'd be hard pressed to convict her because she wasn't herself when it happened.
    Honestly, the trial Already Happen in the pages of Children's Crusade, things went really in-depth and an argument happen several times in that book, so really that was the Trial book by Marvel. So IMO, in Marvel's mind it already happen and they seem to feel no need to revisit it again and that makes sense IMO cause they already told that story. Really it makes no sense now, non of the Character are going out for another Trial run story.

If someone has not Read Children's Crusade I Highly Recommend it!

http://www.amazon.com/Avengers-Child.../dp/0785135499
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

How can you put someone on trial when:

1. She wasn't at the scene of any of the mutants that died incidentallly as they were using their powers (in flight, etc)
    2. Where is the smoking gun? What weapon can the prosecution bring in as Exhibit A? The power she did have she no longer present. They can't even test for it.
    3. Witnesses. What can they actually testify to? IIRC only Magneto and Quicksilver were present when she said "no more mutants" If I stood in a room and said I wish someone dead and then a hundred miles away or thousands of miles away, that person dropped dead how can you prove I had anything to do with it?

I don't think you will see the judicial branch of the United Nations bring up any kind of a case on her in a traditional courtroom. I'm not ever sure which judicial body would take it up. Maybe a superhero tribunal of some kind but then you could call in any superhero who was possessed as a witness for the defense. I imagine there will be a lot of those. It would be interesting if Charles Soule wrote the story.

BANNED

Actually if u read House of M 7, it's Quicksilver's fault.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Doomuniverse View Post
    Actually if u read House of M 7, it's Quicksilver's fault.
    Or Magneto's for crushing him.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Honestly, the trial Already Happen in the pages of Children's Crusade, things went really in-depth and an argument happen several times in that book, so really that was the Trial book by Marvel. So IMO, in Marvel's mind it already happen and they seem to feel no need to revisit it again and that makes sense IMO cause they already told that story. Really it makes no sense now, non of the Character are going out for another Trial run story.

If someone has not Read Children's Crusade I Highly Recommend it!

http://www.amazon.com/Avengers-Child.../dp/0785135499
    If Wanda should be on trial, than the hypocrisy runs rampant. Why isn't Frank Castle in prison? Or Cable? How the hell is it believable Wolverine has been free all this time after what we saw in the Uncanny X force book? Why isn't Cyclops under a prison? Why hasn't Havok answered for the things he did in 97 with Dark Beast and Fatale in the Brotherhood or when he tried to kill Lorna in X Factor 125? Quicksilver? Holy ****...this bastard was a fiend and killing for power in Son of M. Is he EVER gonna answer for that?

The whole premise against Wanda is silly. Lol.