Page 5 of 125 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Thomas View Post
    Or Magneto's for crushing him.
    Nah..their whole plan was to scapegoat Magneto and hide like cowards instead of creating a House of Quicksilver like he would of preferred. This idiot wished his daughter never lived. Pietro is sick and a complete phony.

U forget Excalibur the series...Magneto saved Wanda from death at the end of Disassembled in Avengers 503. Hoped Xavier could save her but the heroes came calling and forced the whole thing...if u want to get technical.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    What Scarlet Witch did in House of M wasn't her fault.
    It was not her fault until CC, then since it happened dirtectly becaue of idiotiuc coice she made it becam her fault, and what were people she accidentally killed became people she negligently murdered.
    She was possessed by an outside force. It's canon in Marvel comics now after Children's Crusade. Possession in comics isn't new and it will continue to happen. I mean, only recently did Iceman freeze the whole world or something because of the Death Seed. It's comics, this stuff happens.
    She was possessed by her own actions, not accidentally or by the actions of others against her will, I
    Scarlet Witch has been trying to be a hero and if some people want to hold on to stories of 10 years ago where a character was possessed to do something bad (which again isn't a new thing) then so be it. Jean Grey, Hal Jordan and even Bishop did crazy things but were all eventually restored to heroic status. Wolverine killed DOZENS of SHIELD agents in Enemy of State (when he was killed and resurrected by the Hand) and he was welcomed back to the X-men and Avengers afterwards. It's part and parcel of superhero comics and its probably not going to stop anytime soon.

I still don't see why Scarlet Witch is being singled out even after it was explained that she was possessed by an outside force.
    Since whenb is spewing idiocy ignorance and racist BS about fictional and real minorities trying to be a hero? When is attacking the whole mutant race yet again being a hero? She might get to become a hero agins but she has to stop being a villian forst and RR is writing her as a scumbag at best. It is hard to be considered a hero when you can't even see that mas-murder and genocide are not things y that you simply can blow off.

She wasn't herself when she did it.

She was possessed.
    By her own choice, knowing the danger

You can trial her but you'd be hard pressed to convict her because she wasn't herself when it happened.
    That is like trying to use a I drank myself into obliviaon and a excuse in a DUI caused death trial

It becomes a question if people should even want a redemption story or if the if the constant references to it should just finally be dropped and forgotten.

Remember Bishop? That black X-Man who suddenly was turned into a genocidal monster for no reason trying to kill Hope at all cost doing stuff like shooting Xavier in the head.

All he got was a half-assed try to redeem and now he is stuck in Limbo and forgotten by pretty much everyone.

The last part surely wouldn't be the case for Wanda but nobody probably wants to read a half-ass story which tries to fix all the mess and damage that the writers caused to her character
    "This is me being reasonable"

Ultimate Member

The problem is that Remender isn't even ignoring it. He's just having her basically say "I'm over it, and you're all meanies for calling me out on it." He's playing it like her critics are the ones in the wrong, which is nonsense. And if we had stuck with CC Wanda's characterization and had her be a recurring (or even regular) presence in the X-books trying to help out/make up for things, then this might have turned out better. But Marvel has bungled her character since CC even more than they did before.

BANNED

I actually forgot what the title of this thread is after reading the last 5 or so pages. It started off as a discussion about the inverted characters in AXIS, and gradually
    devolved into another Scarlet Witch lambasting. The ridiculous outrage over a story almost 10 years has reached a ludicrous level. As time passes here in the real world,
    something from a comic book that long ago should have long since been put to rest. Marvel, for their part, has tried to, and continues to, put this behind them and move on.
    I don't know of any regular reader of Avengers or any other book besides X-Books who even wants this story touched on anymore. Regardless of whose fault House Of M and
    Decimation were, there have been multiple attempts to put it to bed. Apparently, nothing written is going to satisfy people who are dead set on holding this against the
    character. Marvel would probably be best to quit even trying. I can see this same group of people still trashing Scarlet Witch 10 years from now, when most of the rest of us
    have long since forgotten about it. Ten Years ago President Bush was still in his first term. The war in Iraq had just begun. Britney Spears was young and innocent. If you're
    20 now, you were only 10 years old then. It was a long time ago. Let it go.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mikekerr3 View Post
    That is like trying to use a I drank myself into obliviaon and a excuse in a DUI caused death trial
    No, a more appropriate example would be if you went looking for a drink but got injected with hallucigenic drugs instead against your will and was put behind the wheel of an 18 wheeler.

That pertains more to Wanda because she didn't intentionally get herself possessed.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Thomas View Post
    I actually forgot what the title of this thread is after reading the last 5 or so pages. It started off as a discussion about the inverted characters in AXIS, and gradually
    devolved into another Scarlet Witch lambasting. The ridiculous outrage over a story almost 10 years has reached a ludicrous level. As time passes here in the real world,
    something from a comic book that long ago should have long since been put to rest. Marvel, for their part, has tried to, and continues to, put this behind them and move on.
    I don't know of any regular reader of Avengers or any other book besides X-Books who even wants this story touched on anymore. Regardless of whose fault House Of M and
    Decimation were, there have been multiple attempts to put it to bed. Apparently, nothing written is going to satisfy people who are dead set on holding this against the
    character. Marvel would probably be best to quit even trying. I can see this same group of people still trashing Scarlet Witch 10 years from now, when most of the rest of us
    have long since forgotten about it. Ten Years ago President Bush was still in his first term. The war in Iraq had just begun. Britney Spears was young and innocent. If you're
    20 now, you were only 10 years old then. It was a long time ago. Let it go.
    But that is the exact problem. The writer don't put it to rest. It is constantly mentioned and referred.
    Im not a reader of All New X-Factor but from a preview I saw that the Scarlet Witch and Polaris meet each other again. What was the first topic? House of M of course.
    As long as writers don't stop that it will never be put to rest completely.

But I agree with you that there are certainly people on here who have a completely irrational hatred for the character just because she was used as plot device so certain writers could tell their stories.
    It's best to put them on ignore if they annoy you. Quite a few of them constantly bash other characters or franchises/teams anyway.
    Last edited by Galerion; 11-16-2014 at 01:52 PM.
    "This is me being reasonable"

she Did It Again on AXIS or uncanny avengers. she has no full control over her mutant ability . WANDA is mentally ill she needs a therapy!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    But that is the exact problem. The writer don't put it to rest. It is constantly mentioned and referred.
    Im not a reader of All New X-Factor but from a preview I saw that the Scarlet Witch and Polaris meet each other again. What was the first topic? House of M of course.
    As long as writesr don't stop that it will never be put to rest completely.

But I agree with you that there are certainly people on here who have a completely irrational hatred for the character just because she was used as plot device so certain writers could tell their stories.
    It's best to put them on ignore if they annoy you. Quite a few of them constantly bash other characters or franchises/teams anyway.
    Writers should move beyond it too. I agree.

Hal Jordan wiped out the GL Corps and it was heavily referenced in Johns earlier GL issues but as time went on, it was put aside for newer stories. Same thing should happen here.

Fans need to move on too honestly. It's been 10 years and it's entering the realm of the dreaded "circular argument" territory.

Quote Originally Posted by asiea View Post
    Maybe we’ll get a “Trial of Wanda Maximoff” crossover in a few years and that will sort everything out.Wanda caused a genocide, yet the Avengers aren't doing much by standards with justice.
    I think what some people ignore is that even the X-Men decided that she shouldn't legally be held accountable for what she did. It was initially the X-Men at the start of House of M who wanted Wanda's actions covered up from the public so as not to create a mutant backlash. And it was BOTH the Avengers and X-Men who decided at the end of Children's Cruasade to just let Wanda walk away.

There's still people mad at her, but from a legal perspective at least the matter has been dropped, even by the mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomuniverse View Post
    If Wanda should be on trial, than the hypocrisy runs rampant. Why isn't Frank Castle in prison? Or Cable? How the hell is it believable Wolverine has been free all this time after what we saw in the Uncanny X force book? Why isn't Cyclops under a prison? Why hasn't Havok answered for the things he did in 97 with Dark Beast and Fatale in the Brotherhood or when he tried to kill Lorna in X Factor 125? Quicksilver? Holy ****...this bastard was a fiend and killing for power in Son of M. Is he EVER gonna answer for that?

The whole premise against Wanda is silly. Lol.
    That's the thing about comics. In most cases, due process is seldom a workable punishment for anything since you can't really tell stories about characters sitting in a jail cell 24/7. There are exceptions in specific story arcs, but by and large even heroes who have commited actual crimes aren't going to serve time. That's just not how the genre works.

That's not to say there aren't consequences... but they're generally more kharmic than legal in nature.

Quote Originally Posted by asiea View Post
    she Did It Again on AXIS or uncanny avengers. she has no full control over her mutant ability . WANDA is mentally ill she needs a therapy!
    That has nothing to do with mental illness. She might need better magic training or Doom could be messing with her again. The story hasn't played out yet.

What Scarlet Witch did in House of M wasn't her fault.

She was possessed by an outside force. It's canon in Marvel comics now after Children's Crusade. Possession in comics isn't new and it will continue to happen. I mean, only recently did Iceman freeze the whole world or something because of the Death Seed. It's comics, this stuff happens.

Scarlet Witch has been trying to be a hero and if some people want to hold on to stories of 10 years ago where a character was possessed to do something bad (which again isn't a new thing) then so be it. Jean Grey, Hal Jordan and even Bishop did crazy things but were all eventually restored to heroic status. Wolverine killed DOZENS of SHIELD agents in Enemy of State (when he was killed and resurrected by the Hand) and he was welcomed back to the X-men and Avengers afterwards. It's part and parcel of superhero comics and its probably not going to stop anytime soon.

I still don't see why Scarlet Witch is being singled out even after it was explained that she was possessed by an outside force.
    Well, given that Cyclops is considered a terrorist for what he did in AvX, so................................................ .........

You can trial her but you'd be hard pressed to convict her because she wasn't herself when it happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    How can you put someone on trial when:

1. She wasn't at the scene of any of the mutants that died incidentallly as they were using their powers (in flight, etc)
    2. Where is the smoking gun? What weapon can the prosecution bring in as Exhibit A? The power she did have she no longer present. They can't even test for it.
    3. Witnesses. What can they actually testify to? IIRC only Magneto and Quicksilver were present when she said "no more mutants" If I stood in a room and said I wish someone dead and then a hundred miles away or thousands of miles away, that person dropped dead how can you prove I had anything to do with it?

I don't think you will see the judicial branch of the United Nations bring up any kind of a case on her in a traditional courtroom. I'm not ever sure which judicial body would take it up. Maybe a superhero tribunal of some kind but then you could call in any superhero who was possessed as a witness for the defense. I imagine there will be a lot of those. It would be interesting if Charles Soule wrote the story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomuniverse View Post
    If Wanda should be on trial, than the hypocrisy runs rampant. Why isn't Frank Castle in prison? Or Cable? How the hell is it believable Wolverine has been free all this time after what we saw in the Uncanny X force book? Why isn't Cyclops under a prison? Why hasn't Havok answered for the things he did in 97 with Dark Beast and Fatale in the Brotherhood or when he tried to kill Lorna in X Factor 125? Quicksilver? Holy ****...this bastard was a fiend and killing for power in Son of M. Is he EVER gonna answer for that?

The whole premise against Wanda is silly. Lol.
    And as we learned in AvX: Consequences, its not like you actually need any kind of trial if you really want to send someone to jail.................................