Page 9 of 125 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Overlord View Post
    It seems like it would have been better if some established super villain, like say the High Evolutionary, depowered all the mutants, instead of Wanda. There are plenty of villains out there to hate, without having heroes do things that make them unlikable. Villains are supposed to do really bad things that we hate them for, no one would be upset if some established villain did this instead of Wanda. Having Wanda do this was a short sighted move that did damage the character.
    See, here's the thing...the High Evolutionary *did* depower all the mutants.

All we got were some throwaway tales about the Neo (a more advanced mutant? seriously forgetting here), who had had some members die and they were upset about it. No X-Men died, no innocent bystander mutants living in Mutanttown...none of that. Well, Wolverine was suffering from andamantium poisoning.

So yeah, they probably didn't want to use him again. Plus they had to tie it to the Avengers somehow, for Bendis' status-quo shake-up.

Well, to be sincere, what i feel for Wanda is not even a tenth (or 1% for One More Day) of what i feel for the normal humans, so if Rememder doesnt screw up AXIS, i would considered her redeemed.

Mamasita redeemed herself whenever she worked that chaos voodoo that she do and blessed us all with Young Avenging Billy and Tommy.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    See, here's the thing...the High Evolutionary *did* depower all the mutants.

All we got were some throwaway tales about the Neo (a more advanced mutant? seriously forgetting here), who had had some members die and they were upset about it. No X-Men died, no innocent bystander mutants living in Mutanttown...none of that. Well, Wolverine was suffering from andamantium poisoning.

So yeah, they probably didn't want to use him again. Plus they had to tie it to the Avengers somehow, for Bendis' status-quo shake-up.
    Considering the ridiculous character back tracking they did with Wanda to justify her actions in Disassembled and House of M, you could have easily had some established villain do those actions, without dragging Wanda's name in the mud. Or have one villain attack the Avengers in Disassembled and have another villain depower the mutants. In a good story, actions should have consequences and I don't Bendis was thinking about the consequences of Scarlet Witch's actions when he wrote them.

BANNED

Considering the ridiculous character back tracking they did with Wanda to justify her actions in Disassembled and House of M, you could have easily had some established villain do those actions, without dragging Wanda's name in the mud. Or have one villain attack the Avengers in Disassembled and have another villain depower the mutants. In a good story, actions should have consequences and I don't Bendis was thinking about the consequences of Scarlet Witch's actions when he wrote them.
    Yeah. I wasn't defending the use of Wanda by no means, but I do understand that Bendis was going for a more...tragic story in having an Avenger be the one that tore them apart, as it were. It would've been more "no-hum, another day in heroics" if it had been a true villain.

It was horribly unoriginal, however, for her to "go crazy" (the whole thing with Harknes...ugh), and her massive and unexplained (until CC) power boost was a big ole WTF.

I don't remember where I read the interview, but wasn't it mentioned that Wanda's sudden daddy issues were borrowed from X-Men Evolution, a cartoon that took a few liberties with the source material? Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    Yeah. I wasn't defending the use of Wanda by no means, but I do understand that Bendis was going for a more...tragic story in having an Avenger be the one that tore them apart, as it were. It would've been more "no-hum, another day in heroics" if it had been a true villain.

It was horribly unoriginal, however, for her to "go crazy" (the whole thing with Harknes...ugh), and her massive and unexplained (until CC) power boost was a big ole WTF.
    Except the damage done to the Avengers in Disassembled was significant enough, that it did not require a hero turning evil to tell an exciting tale. Ultron Unlimted was good story and it had an irredeemable pure evil villain at its heart. Wanda's turn to villainy has become less tragic and more just making her seem very unsympathetic. If this had been planned out well, then maybe it could have worked, but they would have had to have plans to deal with the consequences, which they didn't.

Stories like these make heroes unlikable and make villains seem irrelevant.

BANNED

Unfortunately, they needed it to be such a tragic thing that the team would call it quits. Wanda was the scapegoat. Then the wheels started turning and we got House
    Of M, and it went downhill for her from there, to where we are now. I think the reason she was out of the books so long was that Bendis had painted the character into
    a corner, and nobody wanted to touch her.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    This is why I abandoned the X-titles a long time ago. The writers like to stay in the rut of making the mutants victims and this is the extremes (the supposed effect on mutants in the mutiverse) they go to perpetuate that. And yeah, this is someone who also wearies of the repeated attempts to make Ben Grimm human or at least control his transformation. At least Claremont used to have variety in his storytelling. Sure, he never forgot that there is prejudice against mutants in his storytelling but you also had stories with the Brood and the Dark Phoenix saga. I still maintain that Joe Q Public would not be informed enough to know the difference between a mutant and the Thing. If they had some of those ubiquitous online polls in the MU, I would think that the polls would overwhelmingly pick Ben Grimm over Kitty Pryde as to who they would fear on first sight.

Time and again Tom Brevoort has been asked about the effects of House of M and he has stated that there were very very, few mutants were killed. He even had no knowledge of the obscure story where there is a panel showing someone is talking with Doctor Strange and the multiverse effect is mentioned. IMO this shows the editorial divisions in Marvel need to get their houses in order. Why does a writer on the X-titles get to beat down a character or vice versa with MU writers? The same thing was done with the torpedoing the Black Panther marriage. Maybe Marvel editorial needs to get all of their writers on board with the way things are being played out elsewhere. But I think it's kind of childish to hold some grudge against a character who is just a puppet on strings, acting on the whims of various writers.

No one had any clue about this Life Force power before and why the scope has been increased to the multiverse effect is just a lame plot device IMO. Besides, shouldn't your ire be focused at Doom instead?
    Beautiful post.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Time and again Tom Brevoort has been asked about the effects of House of M and he has stated that there were very very, few mutants were killed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    Beautiful post.
    charles soule, current writer of she-hulk, INHUMAN, and death of wolverine vehemently disagrees, as obviously do others.

Quote Originally Posted by charles soule
    The Scarlet Witch destroyed a zillion mutants [during "House of M"].
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=57013

I love Charles Soule, but he's a newbie. He has no idea what the company stance is on M-day.

Destroyed is not the same as killed. Yes she did destroyed a zillion mutants by depowering them.
    "This is me being reasonable"

and its canon that she killed. sorry.

And it's canon that she was possessed, that the X-Men pardoned her, and that Pietro and Doc Doom were also involved. Cherry picking doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    and its canon that she killed. sorry.
    And the posts that you quoted never denied that. What is your argument again?
    "This is me being reasonable"