Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default What Canceled comics from Marvel will we see in Feb solicts

Bleedind cool says some comics will see it end.I have a feeling Secret Avengers, All new Invaders and Elektra will meet its end.She Hulk and the Ultimates are ending in jan

Probably Storm too. Sell are falling so quick.

BANNED

Nothing! I had enough of these cancellations!

Mighty Member

DC comics had a ton more the past 3 years

Quote Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
    Probably Storm too. Sell are falling so quick.
    Marvel is pretty good about allowing writers to wrap up their arcs when ending a series, so it may get a stay of execution for another couple issues... but yeah, it is falling alarmingly fast, complete freefall, and I can't really explain it. I expected Storm to be able to hold on to an audience better...

Also near the danger threshold (that haven't been cancelled already, that I know of) are X-Force and Captain Marvel (though Marvel says they are keeping it around) I think all the others around that point have already been cancelled...
    Last edited by Raye; 11-17-2014 at 05:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    Marvel is pretty good about allowing writers to wrap up their arcs when ending a series, so it may get a stay of execution for another couple issues... but yeah, it is falling alarmingly fast, complete freefall, and I can't really explain it. I expected Storm to be able to hold on to an audience better...

Also near the danger threshold (that haven't been cancelled already, that I know of) are X-Force and Captain Marvel (though Marvel says they are keeping it around) I think all the others around that point have already been cancelled...
    I was hesitating about saying X Force. I thought it was already canceled.

For some reason, I'm thinking we'll see Moon Knight on the chopping block. It's issue 12, neat wrapping-up point for the current team. It's been good, but I just don't think they kept up the steam from Ellis/Shalvey.
    currently reading: Dept. H, Hellboy in Hell, Kaijumax, Moon Knight

I think All-New Invaders will be one of them. October sales were not good. Sucks, it's one of my favorite books, love what Robinson has been doing.

Spectacular Member

if invaders goes, and ff ending, i wonder what that means for robinson at marvel.

Honestly, it's something I expected as soon as I saw the first solicits for the series. The decision to start out by rehashing a bunch of Storm's 80s storylines was a really, really bad one.

It didn't do anything for me. I like Pak, I like Storm, but the series just never took off for me to keep reading it. Unfortunately, Captain Marvel is falling off for me as well. I'm giving it another issue to catch me again, but if it doesn't click, I'm out.

Honestly, I never gave it a try, I'm reading more than I can keep up with as it is, so I can't really speak to it's quality. It's just that she is a popular character, so even if the book sucked, I didn't expect it just PLUMMET down the charts like it did, I expected fan loyalty to the character to at least keep it afloat. I mean seriously, it's shocking:

Storm 1: 47,566
    Storm 4: 19,862

Compare to Captain Marvel:

Captain Marvel 1: 44,248
    Captain Marvel 8: 20,692

So it started with higher numbers, and fell to below Captain Marvel's current level in half the issues.

But I get the sentiment about rehashing the past. I'm a big Nightcrawler fan, (mostly when he in swashbuckler mode) but they put Claremont on his solo book, and not only have I just never really enjoyed his writing with the one notable exception of Excalibur, (I got into comics in the late 90's, I just prefer a more modern style) it became pretty clear early on that the book was a lot of him going 'remember when i did this?' and... yeah, got bored of it pretty quick. But that one is hanging on... for the moment anyway. it's at 23,379, since I have the charts open, and that's not too far down from the previous month, so looks like it's more or less stabilized there. close to the danger zone, but not in it.

And has Invaders not been cancelled yet? I thought it was... if not, wow, Marvel really is letting writers finish up their arcs, cus it's way down there.
    Last edited by Raye; 11-17-2014 at 11:32 PM.

Fantastic Member

From what I have read of Nightcrawler on Marvel Unlimited, it is quite enjoyable. I dislike the modern style of storytelling (where it takes less than 5 minutes to read a comic). I would rather have the writer tell me whats going on rather than leaving it to the art.

*shrugs* different strokes. I find that comes off as almost patronizing, and as an artist myself, i believe in letting the art speak for itself.

Ales Kot said from the start that his Secret Avengers run would be 15 issues. They might as well just let him finish, I don't think they'd cut him short.

And while Storm's ongoing is something I've been waiting for since forever... Greg Pak just isn't doing it for me. He certainly gets her character, but the stories are not very engaging and I had enough of him introducing an annoying teenager every issue. Adding to that the inconsistent artwork, as it seems like Ibanez can't do more than two issues in a row. Which is a shame, as I was really surprised by his work in a good way. It wouldn't surprise if it ended sooner rather than later. I just hope Marvel would take another shot at it with a stronger, consistent voice and purpose.