Page 115 of 2337 FirstFirst ... 15651051111121131141151161171181191251652156151115 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 35047
    BANNED

orphan black's helena is starting to become one of my favorite tv characters. cow babies, lol

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 7thangel View Post
    orphan black's helena is starting to become one of my favorite tv characters. cow babies, lol
    She is crazy awesome

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Moose100 View Post
    There wasn't anything particularly groundbreaking in Pak's assessement of Storm.

Firm Militant Judgement.. Moose100's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    There wasn't anything particularly groundbreaking in Pak's assessement of Storm.
    I didn't post because it was groundbreaking. I posted b/c I thought it was relevant that the guy writing it at least acknowledges her blackness. When other writers do ir say the complete opposite "shes not really black" etc..
    U just mad cuz I'm stylin' on ya'
    Militant Anti-Villain
    I'm out here looking for revenge!!
    Spit Dat Kurt Vonnegut...
    The Ghost Militant...
    Black Panther on one shoulder Nighthawk on the other!!!
    Cognitive Dissonance Disseminator

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Moose100 View Post
    I didn't post because it was groundbreaking. I posted b/c I thought it was relevant that the guy writing it at least acknowledges her blackness. When other writers do ir say the complete opposite "shes not really black" etc..
    Pak hit the bullet points one needs to seperate what his planned "view" is from what has been done recently

Now if that actually happens is another thing as a writer saying one thing and the finished comic going in the opposite direction is a common ocurance in comics

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    Pak hit the bullet points one needs to seperate what his planned "view" is from what has been done recently

Now if that actually happens is another thing as a writer saying one thing and the finished comic going in the opposite direction is a common ocurance in comics
    True. You always have to take what pros say at cons with a grain of salt cuz let's face it, they're there to promote the product.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    True. You always have to take what pros say at cons with a grain of salt cuz let's face it, they're there to promote the product.
    Exactly because we know when it comes to her you play up her being black makes folks uncomfortable

Quote Originally Posted by Spear of Bashenga View Post
    Man, UBISOFT really annoyed me with the explanation of why you can't play as a woman in ACV. Seems pretty bogus to me, especially since they added the Aveline DLC to ACIV and have had a woman as the main protagonist in ACIII: Liberation.

Like I said the other day it would have been awesome to use her as the main character in ACV. I hope she make an appearance at least, but based on the Watch Dogs mess and now this BS explanation I may give UBISOFT a noninterested pass for the forseeable future.
    Even Gears of War and Call of Duty have female options now. And meanwhile the Nintendo presentation has female characters everywhere and Dragon Age is continuing the trend of including female characters.

Viviene looks awesome.

If Ubisoft didn't want a female player option and just wanted to stick with clones (And just to be clear they are actual clones. What goes on in the game is that the player can customize the protagonist, and during co-op mode everyone is playing with their own customized version of the protagonist) then so be it. They should just own up to that and say that was their intent. Otherwise they are lying about wanting a female option in the hope that saying that they wanted one would make them look less exclusionary. Or they really wanted to but let a bunch of suits talk them out of it, or worse really did find it to be "too much work" and are lazy.
    Last edited by Mecegirl; 06-15-2014 at 12:56 PM.

Firm Militant Judgement.. Moose100's Avatar

Falling for it would include me running to the shop for it. None of which I'm ready to do especially if she has that damn Mohawk on her head.
    U just mad cuz I'm stylin' on ya'
    Militant Anti-Villain
    I'm out here looking for revenge!!
    Spit Dat Kurt Vonnegut...
    The Ghost Militant...
    Black Panther on one shoulder Nighthawk on the other!!!
    Cognitive Dissonance Disseminator

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper Cole View Post
    New rule:

Whenever a content creator claims it's too difficult to make their product more inclusive, it should be called out for what it is. Those people are pretty much admitting they're not that skilled or talented and thus don't deserve the jobs they have. There are plenty of women, people of color, and LGBTQ folks who are capable of doing the very thing others keep saying is "difficult".
    Agreed.

I nominate the WWE-it's amazing how many POC keep getting left off that game yet when you go to the Create A Wrestler-look at who has the most CAWs-POC of color. JTG & Shelton Benjamin have more the Sting & the Hardy boys. John Stewart has more than Hal. Static, Aqualad, Blade, Cage, BP, Cyborg, Malcolm Dragon & Storm have more.

And the fact the WWE seems to be UNABLE to do anything with POC that isn't stereotypical. No person of color is in an active storyline thanks to those soap opera writers that they hired.

But here's the thing....The audience that watches those cartoons is bigger than the number of people who buy comics.
    Tell DC that. You want to bury John and shove Hal in everybody's faces. I know they go nuts every times some asks about Static.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 7thangel View Post
    If Marvel were smart they would hire her (the actress from Orphan Black) to play typhoid Mary in the daredevil netflix series.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Agreed.

I nominate the WWE-it's amazing how many POC keep getting left off that game yet when you go to the Create A Wrestler-look at who has the most CAWs-POC of color. JTG & Shelton Benjamin have more the Sting & the Hardy boys.
    After THQ went belly up, 2k Games got the WWE license. They freely admit that
    WWE2K14 was a rush job.

WWE2K15 will be the first time they develop a WWE game where the main thing ISN'T to rush it out the door in order to avoid possible legal action.

Ultimate Member

Did anybody see this panel?

http://thatnigeriankid.tumblr.com/po...rtist-akala-on

A rapper who I never heard of talks about self hate among blacks and how they value a white person's life over a black one.

There is a youtube link there for the entire panel.

A rapper who I never heard of talks about self hate among blacks and how they value a white person's life over a black one.

Chuck D has made similar comments basically likening some of the lyrics that some rappers say to things you would expect to hear from the Klan.
    “Let the King get back on his throne." - Jay Briscoe

He's a UK rapper. I don't agree with his assertion only because that word isn't even race specific anymore.