Page 21 of 2337 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531711215211021 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Double 0 View Post
    A little more content please
    Some conversation along with the link-dropping

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper Cole View Post
    And as we know Stan is fine with 99% of the chances Marvel makes with their film adaptations. In fact the only time I recall Stan not being cool with a change was when Andrew Garfield (who is awesome) said that a gay Spider-man would be an interesting take.
    LOL. I think it would be an interesting take too. But I sorta get Stan's point on that one. If Parker is gay then he can't hook up with all the girls that are way to hot for how "nerdy" he's supposed to be(Betty, Gwen,Mary, Felicia...and I'm probably forgetting some but spider enhanced Peter went from a zero to having some major game.). And that just totes ruins part of the fantasy Stan was going for. Of course characters can become more significant over time. Spiderman is more than a nerdy heterosexual male power fantasy, he has become a symbol of how even the smallest of us can do great things.
    Last edited by Mecegirl; 05-09-2014 at 08:05 AM.

Surprised this hasn't been brought up, but...

Dr. Dre is now a Billionaire, leapfrogging over Jay Z with a major deal between Beats and Apple

... And he still hasn't finished Detox. But besides that, who would have thought that a member of NWA would be a billionaire?

Surprised this hasn't been brought up, but...

Dr. Dre is now a Billionaire, leapfrogging over Jay Z with a major deal between Beats and Apple

... And he still hasn't finished Detox. But besides that, who would have thought that a member of NWA would be a billionaire?
    The fact that he became a billionaire isn't that surprising, how he became a billionaire is though.

BANNED

i can't believe anybody actually bought a pair of Beats

i don't use streaming services but i've heard good things about theirs.
    Last edited by 7thangel; 05-09-2014 at 08:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 7thangel View Post
    i can't believe anybody actually bought a pair of Beats
    They're headphones for people who THINK they're audiophiles.

Beats are to headphones what Chipotle is to Mexican food.

They're headphones for people who THINK they're audiophiles.

Beats are to headphones what Chipotle is to Mexican food.
    Hell, I know I'm not that much of a audiophile (though I used to DJ), and even I knew to aim elsewhere for headphones. Regardless of the ridiculous cost.

It's not that surprising I guess, though I don't know who has $150 to spend on headphones.
    Last edited by Overhazard; 05-09-2014 at 10:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    It's not that surprising I guess, though I don't know has who has $150 to spend on headphones.
    The same people who always have the new tech gadget but also complain about how hard times are right now.

But besides that, who would have thought that a member of NWA would be a billionaire?
    Heh...that's right up there with what I always say about Will Smith and Jay-Z. Who would've thought The Fresh Prince would go on to become the biggest box office star in the world? Who would've thought Jaz's sidekick from Hawaiian Sophie would go on to become one of if not the most successful (some say best but not me, heh) rappers in history?
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Next time someone on this board posts some nonsense about "Black People don't read comics; therefore.... *insert dumb supposition*", I'm just going to link to that post-a-pic thread.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

The same people who always have the new tech gadget but also complain about how hard times are right now.
    Oh, you mean those hipsters who sit in coffee shops complaining about the man on their iphones inbetween writing their awful screenplays on their latest mac? I get it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Spear of Bashenga View Post
    Next time someone on this board posts some nonsense about "Black People don't read comics; therefore.... *insert dumb supposition*", I'm just going to link to that post-a-pic thread.
    It's just an excuse that's always used to defend a lack of representation.

Quote Originally Posted by Spear of Bashenga View Post
    LOL! I was thinking the same thing yesterday. Thus far it seems like 50/50 white and black posters posting pics. A lot of black folks!

Not a comic but I HIGHLY recommend checking out The Corpse Exhibition and Other Stories of Iraq by Hassan Blasim.

Blasim writes about the Iraq War but through the viewpoint of an Iraqi. His stories are gut-wrench and horrific but they have a lo-key fantastic, surrealist, Kafkaesque and weird fiction take to them.
    http://the9thblog.blogspot.com/

A blog made with friends about comics, the 9th art.