Page 958 of 2337 FirstFirst ... 4588589089489549559569579589599609619629681008105814581958 ... LastLast
Results 14,356 to 14,370 of 35047
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    Ah so Val got Beechen'd

LMAO, what's Beechen, is he from a anime?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    This is what happens when you have weak leadership and weak editors. Folks who don't actually pay attention nor care about certain characters.

You just saw what keeps happening to minority characters (especially if that one is named John Stewart)-a lot of time spent building them up and someone shows up to bring them down.

Then when they get called to the carpet they will say-"We are diverse look we got Cyborg for you." Never mind you ruined Val, John Stewart and so many others in the process.

A strong editor would have nipped all this in the bud. If you don't care for Val-you shouldn't be on the book PERIOD. But this is what you get when you keep bringing in the same folks who love the same set of people.

That's what I figured, this is exactly the fuel that pushes me to release my own comics. I'm just glad that I'm artistically talented to create my own projects to show Marvel and DC how to do it right, it would be 10x times worse for me if I couldn't make my own comics.

Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy-chan View Post
    Isn't time either marvel or dc launched a mainstream on-going staring a major transgender character???
    I guess it depends on what you mean by "mainstream"-- personally, I feel that all Marvel and DC comics are "mainstream" regardless of imprint because of their commercial intent-- but Lord Fanny was a lead character in Grant Morrison's Invisibles. Now, you might saw that's not "mainstream" because it's not a superhero book, but considering the sales of Morrison's work even as reprints, I'd say that definitely qualifies.

Attachment 26741 Attachment 26742

Now, if you want to argue that there should be more, right there with you.

Finally saw Avengers: Age of Ultron; it was fine, but did we REALLY need a scene where both black heroes desperately try to overcompensate for their (because of the dialogue) forced inferiority complex. It was just uncomfortable and completely unneeded. It's bad enough some will always treat them as less worthy, does the script REALLY have to add to the idea they are second rate heroes?
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Finally saw Avengers: Age of Ultron; it was fine, but did we REALLY need a scene where both black heroes desperately try to overcompensate for their (because of the dialogue) forced inferiority complex. It was just uncomfortable and completely unneeded. It's bad enough some will always treat them as less worthy, does the script REALLY have to add to the idea they are second rate heroes?
    If Hawkeye was going to have a secret family, they should've given him a husband and an adopted baby. Although then I suppose instead of being happy for the representation we'd be mad that it was a secret. I think sometimes we tend to create problems where there isn't one and one was never intended. I did not see that scene as an issue but that's just me.

BANNED

just watched ep 2 and 3 of vixen...i'm still not a fan of how they changed her origins. i'm trying not to make assumptions on decisions made and why. plus 4 minutes...i usually avoid 5 min. anime/cartoon

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    LMAO, what's Beechen, is he from a anime?
    Beechen is the last name of writer Adam Beechen who helped turn Cass Cain from a three diminsional character into a dragon lady stereotype and after numerous complaints was then tasked to correct all of the damage he did only to make it worse

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Stacy View Post
    If Hawkeye was going to have a secret family, they should've given him a husband and an adopted baby. Although then I suppose instead of being happy for the representation we'd be mad that it was a secret.
    Oh I would have loved it if they did that, esp. considering the rumours that surround Renner. I don't know of any LGBT fans (at-least on CBR) who would have been mad that it was a secret. When you are faced with complete absence, "secret" is still a huge win.

I think sometimes we tend to create problems where there isn't one and one was never intended. I did not see that scene as an issue but that's just me.
    If it was just Falcon or just War Machine, I think it might have been fine (still not good, but bearable), but to have BOTH of them in the same scene over-compensating felt... really bad/incredibly noticeable.
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 09-09-2015 at 05:20 PM.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Astonishing Member

If Hawkeye was going to have a secret family, they should've given him a husband and an adopted baby. Although then I suppose instead of being happy for the representation we'd be mad that it was a secret. I think sometimes we tend to create problems where there isn't one and one was never intended. I did not see that scene as an issue but that's just me.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy-chan View Post
    Isn't time either marvel or dc launched a mainstream on-going staring a major transgender character???
    Of course it's been time, will it happen? Sadly that's an area that they desperately need to improve but is surprisingly lacking. Their racial representation in terms of solo series and diverse teams have improved by leaps and bounds, as well as their women, but the LGBT community is being left in the dark sadly and it isn't right.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    Beechen is the last name of writer Adam Beechen who helped turn Cass Cain from a three diminsional character into a dragon lady stereotype and after numerous complaints was then tasked to correct all of the damage he did only to make it worse
    Oh he's the writer that bastardize Cass Cain, thanks for the heads up, now I know who to blacklist, and yeah, that fit the definition perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    You have to remember that this movie was written by Joss Whedon, who doesn't really do race very well. Buffy had problems with race too, if I ever need a vampire killed, I'm calling a Belmont or a Joestar.

BANNED

oops, almost made the mistake of getting drawn into a diversity convo. i don't have the patience for it anymore.

anyways, i saw this mentioned at racialicious tumblr page and it hit's it out of the park

http://pikkulaku.tumblr.com/post/576...-teacher-comes
    Last edited by 7thangel; 09-09-2015 at 05:44 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    You have to remember that this movie was written by Joss Whedon, who doesn't really do race very well. Buffy had problems with race too, if I ever need a vampire killed, I'm calling a Belmont or a Joestar.
    Hmm, somewhat. It's interesting because he's fantastic in other area's, he's probably among the best when it comes to women representation, unfortunately I can't recall his LGBT representation. But the wheldon crew racial diversity is a bit more of the lacking side. Both him and his brother after what happened with Agents of Shield.

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    What's that supposed to mean, leo? Thats a good movie
    Last edited by JLS Comics; 09-09-2015 at 07:42 PM.