Page 660 of 2337 FirstFirst ... 16056061065065665765865966066166266366467071076011601660 ... LastLast
Results 9,886 to 9,900 of 35047
    BANNED

When I was a kid, I loved Captain Marvel & her big Fro. I agree that hair doesn't define a person, but when you have a character that is so visually unique from pretty much every other character at the time, why would you take something like her natural hair away? I'm sorry, but straight haired Spectrum is significantly lamer, to me.

Despite Kendrick's disappointing Ferguson comments, I've always rooted for him to win. Before those comments, dude was nothing but a huge inspiration but I've cooled on him after her said that dumb shit he said. It's probably why the new album didn't grab me immediately like Section 80 & Good Kid Maad City, but it's starting to really grow on me after I realized I didn't love every track on those albums either. I want to buy the physical disk, because I still revere K.dot on this rap shit.

Months after the Department of Justice's report that Cleveland police use excessive force, CLE cops killed an unarmed 18 year old black kid for some petty crime... Seeing all the white supremacists rush to rationalize the killing is so sickening. These people are Nazis to me.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Double 0 View Post
    So MKX is going to have the most black people in it since I guess Armageddon. Which is cool to hear.

It's also going to have a slew of women, but fighting games don't really struggle with that. However, one of the bigger things is that they have decided to tone down the "sexiness" of their female characters. Nevermind DOA, it's not even like MK9; most of the female characters, barring notable exceptions (Mileena, recently revealed Tanya) are pretty covered up and have more realistic body types. Even Sonya Blade!

It's shaping up to be the fighting game I'm looking forward to the most this year.

Yeah Ed Boon announced on all their feeds that they actively are toning down the jiggly, MK outta nowhere has made up for lost time in video gaming

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Heisennerd View Post
    When I was a kid, I loved Captain Marvel & her big Fro. I agree that hair doesn't define a person, but when you have a character that is so visually unique from pretty much every other character at the time, why would you take something like her natural hair away? I'm sorry, but straight haired Spectrum is significantly lamer, to me.
    I think it came down to Greg Land finding it harder to trace curls and kinky hair.

Did you read the issue of Mighty Avengers where the issue of her hair is actually brought up? I thought that was quite clever, and felt like the writer was trying to make a point to Land.

Extraordinary Member

So MKX is going to have the most black people in it since I guess Armageddon. Which is cool to hear.

It's also going to have a slew of women, but fighting games don't really struggle with that. However, one of the bigger things is that they have decided to tone down the "sexiness" of their female characters. Nevermind DOA, it's not even like MK9; most of the female characters, barring notable exceptions (Mileena, recently revealed Tanya) are pretty covered up and have more realistic body types. Even Sonya Blade!

It's shaping up to be the fighting game I'm looking forward to the most this year.
    Other than Mileena and Kitana who was all that sexified in the MK series to begin with?

Unless they really altered Sonya Blade's character design.

Firm Militant Judgement.. Moose100's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spear of Bashenga View Post
    Al Ewing's Avengers work has been awesome. It's cool Marvel has sort of let him do his thing in Mighty Avengers. I wish he was a bigger draw throughout fandom, I'd love to see what he does with a marquee title.
    The axis stuff turned me off so I dropped it.. :\
    U just mad cuz I'm stylin' on ya'
    Militant Anti-Villain
    I'm out here looking for revenge!!
    Spit Dat Kurt Vonnegut...
    The Ghost Militant...
    Black Panther on one shoulder Nighthawk on the other!!!
    Cognitive Dissonance Disseminator

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by the4thpip View Post
    I think it came down to Greg Land finding it harder to trace curls and kinky hair.

Did you read the issue of Mighty Avengers where the issue of her hair is actually brought up? I thought that was quite clever, and felt like the writer was trying to make a point to Land.
    Nah, what issue? I think I remember a scan of Monica saying something about being less threatening?

Land finding it hard to trace curly kinky hairstyles is ridiculous
    Last edited by Heisennerd; 03-21-2015 at 09:37 AM.

Fantastic Member Jumpoff AKA JohnnyBlazed's Avatar

I don't even play video games like that but I'm coppin' a PS4 just for Mortal Kombat . Thank god Jax is playable!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Other than Mileena and Kitana who was all that sexified in the MK series to begin with?

It was a notable issue in MK9 specifically.
    "Race is a social construct, they say. And I remind them that money is a social construct, too. Social constructs have power." — DeRay Mckesson

BANNED

I saw that and enjoyed it, I was hoping that it would be a continuing thing

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post

MK9 featured battle damage through out the matches and basically unless Sonya used tape she'd flash everyone by breathing, same with Kitana/Mileena/Spindel

BANNED

Really who is in besides Jax and Jacqui or is two enough to be the most (which is probably true and sad).

BANNED

Nah, what issue? I think I remember a scan of Monica saying something about being less threatening?

Land finding it hard to trace curly kinky hairstyles is ridiculous
    I forget which issue it was, but a young African American mother with a little girl walked up to Monica and thanked her for finally relaxing her hair, as her daughter was a huge Spectrum fan and had never allowed her mom to put her through the painful processing as long as Monica had natural hair. So now her daughter finally let her give her "nice hair."
    Monica looks as if somebody had punched her in the groin.

Edit: Found a scan of the page on this blog.
    Last edited by the4thpip; 03-21-2015 at 11:07 AM.

I forget which issue it was, but a young African American mother with a little girl walked up to Monica and thanked her for finally relaxing her hair, as her daughter was a huge Spectrum fan and had never allowed her mom to put her through the painful processing as long as Monica had natural hair. So now her daughter finally let her give her "nice hair."
    Monica looks as if somebody had punched her in the groin.

Edit: Found a scan of the page on this blog.
    Smh at 90% that blog post..

Also I'm petty sure that Al.E stated in some interview that they or he $%&&+ up her hair for some in reason to go along with her rebranding herself & etc, that we'd fine out why during the series & after 18 issues/ almost 2 years later last issues seems to be the reason why.. So mite not all be on G.land this time..

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 4sake Baned View Post

Also I'm petty sure that Al.E stated in some interview that they or he $%&&+ up her hair for some in reason to go along with her rebranding herself & etc, that we'd fine out why during the series & after 18 issues/ almost 2 years later last issues seems to be the reason why.. So mite not all be on G.land this time..
    From going back Ewing mentioned going into the hair change once it was brought to his attention on twitter as he responds to questions as long as they don't venture into spoiler territory and given how he had to change things up due to crossovers and Facon becoming Cap it's no surprise he may have had to cut it and other plans short

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 4sake Baned View Post

My gut feeling is still that Land's hairstyle choice came first (because it is such a "Land look") and then Ewing figured "I can work with that" and came up with the plot line. And with all the crossovers they had to accommodate, it took this long.

Despite Kendrick's disappointing Ferguson comments, I've always rooted for him to win. Before those comments, dude was nothing but a huge inspiration but I've cooled on him after her said that dumb shit he said. It's probably why the new album didn't grab me immediately like Section 80 & Good Kid Maad City, but it's starting to really grow on me after I realized I didn't love every track on those albums either. I want to buy the physical disk, because I still revere K.dot on this rap shit.

Months after the Department of Justice's report that Cleveland police use excessive force, CLE cops killed an unarmed 18 year old black kid for some petty crime... Seeing all the white supremacists rush to rationalize the killing is so sickening. These people are Nazis to me.
    I feel you on a lot of this. Like I want kendrick to win (west coast bias >_>) but the comments did earn a sideye from me.

I figured out a long time ago that people don't want to think too much when it comes to these murders. There quick to jump to other issues instead of acknowledging how messed up it is and that it is a persistent issue because they would have to face the fact that there is a problem with our justice system. People always bring up how folks are anti-cop or whatever but say they'll be the first PPl they'd call. Well, it's hard to WANNA call people who are likely to harass you as they are to help you, but they don't wanna listen. Kinda reminds me of that Change or Die story in Stormwatch, people only want change on their terms, which is sad.

On a lighter note, anybody notice they used a pic of michael b jordan as wallace during Stevie's funeral?

THATS WHERE THE BOY AT DEANGELO
    Brad Pitt for Grifter in a WildCATS movie