BANNED

Wasnt she always

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    The problem here is that the cops and much of non-Black America, choose to falsely characterise Black adolescents as ADULTS fully deserving of whatever fate befalls them if they come in contact withg supposed custodians of the law.

And this is borne out by the medias continued insistence on referring to African-American minors as grow men and women when scenarios like this are being reported on.

Ironically, if the officer who perpetuated this assault had carried tghis out on a dog, most of the people heaping blame on the girl would have been universally calling for the officers head ala Mike Vic.

You forgot that black kids turn into The Hulk when confronted by the police or any form of authority

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    You forgot that black kids turn into The Hulk when confronted by the police or any form of authority
    Or have some kind of magic powers. Usually involving electricity.

I've been reading March, Book Two by Congressman John Lewis, which I checked out of the library. Wow. I mean, I knew about the basics of the civil rights movement, but reading this made me aware of some of the details that I really never thought about that much. I knew that the authorities in Alabama and Mississippi were brutal toward the Freedom Riders, but seeing it so graphically depicted makes me realize just how much these types of incidents hurt not only the immediate victims, but also their friends and families.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    He recently did a four part sequel to his Quantum and Woody series set 20 years after the original series.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spear of Bashenga View Post
    Read the original Quantum and Woody. I also really like his truncated Captain America and Falcon series.
    Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    The Crew is a short lived kinda spin-off from his Panther run. It stars Rhodey (a.k.a. War Machine...though he never wears the full armor), Kasper Cole (you probably remember him from Priest's BP), Junta (ditto) and Justice/Josiah X (uncle to Patriot of Young Avengers and son of Isaiah Bradley).

Spider-Man vs Wolverine- came out in the late 80's or early 90's and might be his best selling comic work to date

The Ray- 90's comic from dc. He was the editor but took over the writing at some point.

Just some of his work that comes to mind...
    Thanks! I'm definitely going to check these out. The Crew especially sounds interesting.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    Thanks! I'm definitely going to check these out. The Crew especially sounds interesting.
    The Crew is brilliant. I want to see Priest return to this title more than I want to see him return to BP.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Here's hoping they get an actual Native American to play Tommy.
    This aswell....

BANNED

The Crew is a short lived kinda spin-off from his Panther run. It stars Rhodey (a.k.a. War Machine...though he never wears the full armor), Kasper Cole (you probably remember him from Priest's BP), Junta (ditto) and Justice/Josiah X (uncle to Patriot of Young Avengers and son of Isaiah Bradley).

Spider-Man vs Wolverine- came out in the late 80's or early 90's and might be his best selling comic work to date

The Ray- 90's comic from dc. He was the editor but took over the writing at some point.

Just some of his work that comes to mind...
    His run on Steel was brilliant.
    And then there was Xerø). That one was pretty dense, but I enjoyed it a lot.

Dog bless the 90s.

The one Priest series that did not work for me was Captain America and the Falcon, but that was probably due to the fact that you can't have a plot that is somewhat confusing on purpose and pair it with art that is confusing due to lack of skills.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jeanvaljean View Post

Dog bless the 90s.

The one Priest series that did not work for me was Captain America and the Falcon, but that was probably due to the fact that you can't have a plot that is somewhat confusing on purpose and pair it with art that is confusing due to lack of skills.
    Yeah, Bart Sears did that book no favors. When Joe Bennett came on, it approved greatly. Bart Sears is a legend but every work cant be a masterpiece.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    The Crew is brilliant. I want to see Priest return to this title more than I want to see him return to BP.
    100% agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by jeanvaljean View Post
    Oh yeah, Xero was on point. Can't believe I forgot to mention it. I've yet to read Priest's run on Steel.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

BANNED

100% agreed.

Oh yeah, Xero was on point. Can't believe I forgot to mention it. I've yet to read Priest's run on Steel.

His run on Steel was great and I say this as someone who has never liked Steel

Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

100% agreed.

Love The Crew, but there's more than a few production problems with Xero-- pages printed out of order, word balloons for the wrong characters, omnipresent coloring mistakes, which are kind of unforgivable considering the theme of the book. Xero's a brilliant concept ruined by DC not giving a f^ck because the bottom had dropped out for marginal books like this.

See also: Chase, Chronos, Scare Tactics, Book of Fate (before Giffen decided to do everything himself), certain issues of Resurrection Man...

Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    His run on Steel was great and I say this as someone who has never liked Steel
    The only problem I had with Priest's Steel is that Denys Cowan was often dogging it, especially as the book progressed. He pretty much threw the book on Sal Buscema's inks, figuring Our Pal Sal would make it work. All in all, a quality read, but there's a few panels in every issue where you're like, "WHAT?"

Love Dr Villain, though.

BANNED

Ultimate Member

Now tell me if I'm wrong here, but I thought cops were trained to de-escalate situations, not make them worse. Do they not receive this kind of training, or do they just throw it out the window when it comes to black and brown people?

I remember when I was 15, a bunch of cops came into my house guns at the ready looking for my mom's boyfriend. He drove without a license and he ran from them. I was terrified, so I ran and hid in the bathroom, even though I had done nothing wrong.

Some paranoid cop could have shot me, my brother, or my mom, but that didn't happen. That girl could have been killed if she wasn't in a classroom full of witnesses.
    There is training but all the training in the world does no good if you don't use it or you use it and you still get screwed.

Plus the excuse you will hear about training is it can't be as in depth as it SHOULD be due to FUNDING. A lot of funding that could stop what you see happen to KIDS in terms of what we saw on that video.

Also changing these laws-that ZERO TOLERANCE is what is REALLY hurting US.

And there is a little secret that I learned from our Gang Unit folks.

Part of the reason you have these incidents is because most police departments will NOT allow officer to work in the communities they live in. It's a safety issue for their families. I'm not sure if that rule is true for those who grew up in them.