oH yeah marvel "animantion", no thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    I'm surprised they are giving this new Patriot such a push. They must really, really have issues with using the Bradley's.
    This had me curious, has Eli ever been in anything outside of comics?

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    This had me curious, has Eli ever been in anything outside of comics?
    He was in Ultimate Alliance 2.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mojotastic View Post
    in the meantime, sure marvel dismiss the most diverse heroes you have, who cares.
    Haaaaa, no. No. N-O.

I'm surprised they are giving this new Patriot such a push. They must really, really have issues with using the Bradley's.
    They're cowards for erasing Eli. He was a fantastic character on a compelling hero's journey. The fact that he still had enough faith in the world to call himself "The Patriot" in light of what the country did to his Grandfather, tells you everything about what a remarkable person he is. So naturally they gave his name away to someone else.
    Last edited by Handsome men don't lose fights; 12-07-2017 at 03:14 PM.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Ultimate Member

I would say it's more of "lets take the easiest path" of showcasing a character that is currently being used.

Think about it-in his short run we will see him in Champions, Secret Empire, Secret Empire Brave World, Sam Wilson & now Falcon's trades. That's about 7-10 trades in a 6 month period. So by the time that film comes out-if anyone is interested in him-you have plenty of books to see him in.

And you know it's yet another dig at DC. Yet another black male gets introduced and gets used and promoted.

in the meantime, sure marvel dismiss the most diverse heroes you have, who cares.
    No Marvel dismissed a franchise and it's fan base who have been OPENLY hostile towards diversity of the Marvel product.

Excluding X-23-what POC has that franchise built up as of late?

5 of those guys have solos.

4 have way more solo issues than A List Storm

2 can boast New York Time best sellers

2 stay in the top of Amazon kindle and superhero trade sales

1 is a black male and when was the last time the X-Men franchise treated a black male with respect? Black Panther been public enemy number one for years.

1 is LGBT and would she be the first openly LGBT shown in Marvel animation?

If they used X-Men it would be Storm, X-23 and Jubilee as the only POC. No thanks.

I'm sorry this is still a bad argument.

Is Winter Soldier not A-Lister either? That character went over big in the movies, got played up big in the last trailer, to the point where the actor now has a vocal chick (and dude) following because of the role, but Winter Soldier can't sell a comic series at all, either.

8 out of 10 Marvel property can't sell a solo series either including The Thing. And that character has been in cartoons semi regularly since the 60's (and had his own toon in the 70's).

The Marvel characters who started as characters in team book and made the jump to successful solo books are literally just Logan and Deadpool.
    The point is you got X-Men fans screaming Black Panther 's success is because Storm got tossed in the book. Using the logic that she is in more outside Marvel stuff than Black Panther.

Like you said we got folks all over tv and that doesn't result in high comic book sales. Storm got ONE solo series that flopped at 11. Panther was on volume 6 when that happened.

Logan, Deadpool, Harley, Nightwing and others got successful solos because you saw CONSISTENT USAGE. You NEVER saw a story with any of them standing in the background as wall paper. You saw them in solos and team books.

You can name a defining solo story with them. No one can do that with Storm and 90% of the X-Men.

Cool, but what is up with east Asian characters always having some different colored hair, and it's always purple or blue...

Also spider-gwen is gonna be called Ghost-Spider, can we not think up a better name or...

And I'm assuming this Patriot is not Eli Bradley but the new one ...boo.

Happy to see Tyler Posey is continuing to do stuff, I hope he gets a superhero role either as Jaime Reyes or Robbie Reyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr HardKnocks View Post
    Chris Miller is teasing footage debut of Miles Morales Spider Man Animated Film.
    https://mobile.twitter.com/chrizmill...16199269289984
    So on Saturaday ...I'm ready.
    Last edited by kurenai24; 12-07-2017 at 04:31 PM.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Nightwing like Harley, is as successful as a former supporting character can get (they only cancelled his book to relaunch in under another title) but of course
    he's also a Batfamily member.

I mean should we consider Deathstoke an A-Lister or not?

He's in plenty of videogames, was the main baddie of the Teen Titans toon.

But he's another character that get a series every 5 years or so that lasts about 25 issues tops.
    He's not A list.

He is a consistently used person who a case can be made for solo shots. Because he can boast over 100 solo issues.

Someone with at least 100 solo issues-they will get a solo shot here and there-see Moon Knight & Supergirl.

Harley too. She's not so much A list but she's such an appealing character with a costume that BEGS for cosplay. She will get a solo shot just to keep her image out there.

Storm & Emma Frost could be like that but you would need an EFFORT from the X-Office for that instead of black male trashing and Inhuman bashing they do. Both have the cosplay costumes-they just need the support on their OWN. No being in Logan's bed or having a Waiting to Exhale moment in Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormel View Post
    I'm also unfamiliar with the guy in the stars-and-stripes, and the lady with the purple highlights in her hair. (But they both look pretty cool!!)

EDIT: Oh never mind, they are Patriot and Quake. ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GOOGLE!!
    There's also the link that was posted with the pic, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    They're cowards for erasing Eli. He was a fantastic character on a compelling hero's journey. The fact that he still had enough faith in the world to call himself "The Patriot" in light of what the country did to his Grandfather, tells you everything about what a remarkable person he is. So naturally they gave his name away to someone else.
    Well to be fair he is not the first Patriot.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Am I the only one that thinks Armani Solado looks exactly like Jaime Reyes? A lot of fancasts for Blue Beetle have involved him recently
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Haaaaa, no. No. N-O.

Well, it's legal issues keeping Marvel from using Eli but Marvel was using the Patriot name before Eli. Plus Rayshun is fighting some of those same struggles that many of us still face so I don't it as any sort of disrespect.

Magik, Whitespot, Whitestar, Wolfsbanes & Cocaineball

Can't wait to see this flop hard & fast..

Sky please.

It was the x-men who had that gay wedding between Northstar and that black dude, also there a good chunk of x-men who are gays specially teens x-men.

That new patriot has been in less than 10 comics, in the meantime you have an entire backlog of international students who have been more important, from the new mutants, generation x, academy x kids, if marvel is using a character that has been in less than 10 comics such as patriot or a nu-inhuman that nobody cares what is stopping them from using a character like Anole a gay boy, Armor an asian girl , Charmer a British guy or Karma a lesbian with robot legs to appear?

You also had Jean Grey selling more than 3 of those characters, Iceman selling more than 2 of them and a x-men team full of gays and POC selling more than Carol book until the legacy brand started to roll out.

I dont know where do you come with these ideas that x-men fans hate change when if you see x-men fan wanting to get rid of the O5 teen x-men because they are taking space from more diverse characters.
    Last edited by mojotastic; 12-07-2017 at 10:33 PM.

Also on a personal note, why must you compared marvel with dc when nobody bring dc to the conversation? it seems that you are trying to make company wars posts.

Also i dont know what is your deal is with Storm but have you tried talking with the people from the x-men forum about?
    Last edited by mojotastic; 12-07-2017 at 10:16 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Well, it's legal issues keeping Marvel from using Eli but Marvel was using the Patriot name before Eli. Plus Rayshun is fighting some of those same struggles that many of us still face so I don't it as any sort of disrespect.
    There's no way that Kyle Baker, the co-creator of Isaiah Bradley, doesn't come for his money if any derivative version of his Patriot gets on outside media.

I'm guessing the Marvel lawyers aren't sure they win that one, so they embargoed the characters instead.

Creators had to practically put a gun to Marvel's head to get them to share money with them and that was before they got bought by Disney who is even worse.