Quote Originally Posted by Mecegirl View Post
    I think you are right. It is important to remember that people have different standards. SOme of those standards are personal. Most are cultural. In the Western world there is a history of dehumanizing Black people. Black people even used to be put in circuses and zoos for White people's entertainment. So yeah. For various reasons don't ask. We are not on display.
    Even look at a standard flat map of the world. Africa doesn't really seem that large. Even the island of Greenland looks as big. But look at Africa on a globe. Africa is huge. Just a weird quirk of projection,
    but it has the subliminal affect of making Africa seem less significant.

Incredible Member

Another geographic quirk: which US state is closest to Africa?

I didn't get it right, and I have yet to meet anyone who comes up with the right answer without consulting a globe.
    --
    The discussion forum for fans of 20th-century comics: http://classiccomics.org

Quote Originally Posted by 4sake Baned View Post
    Great artist, I find Kevin work to be more miss than hit ( occasionally tone deaf) so I prefer a different writer.
    Understandable. The art would've been the star IMO if marvel had given the greenlight.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    That Josiah X?
    His dad (Isaiah). I guess they would've restored his mind.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

A good breakdown on the whole Cyborg thing.
    https://www.newsarama.com/38598-wher...en-titans.html

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    Didn't watch it all -- just posting it. I'd only heard about this guy from other people, and from what I heard I was expecting a lot better.

Can only deal with so much stupidity in a day, and the first few sentences were enough for my recommended daily dose.

Finally got around to watching it. To be fair the intro was him trying to be tongue in cheek, but the rest of the vid where he's being serious is actually dumber. A lot of it was his flailing about desperately trying to make some sort of point "When I see Tom Cruise in a movie I don't think look at that white guy representing!" He did make an almost coherent point near the end when he was trying to talk about isolationism, it's true that in real life many great societies benefited from open trade and sharing cultures. And so what? It's a sci-fi fantasy. I bet when Aquaman movie comes out, Ben won't be saying, "It's a shame that AM is teaching people to shut themselves off from others. Why can't he be more like MLK and less like Malcolm X?"

Invincible Member

What's interesting is I haven't seen a ton of what I think a lot of us thought would happen, which was folks confusing T'Challa with the actual Black Panther Party. I guess cuz now they have SJWs to blame for this film.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Allen View Post
    Another geographic quirk: which US state is closest to Africa?

I didn't get it right, and I have yet to meet anyone who comes up with the right answer without consulting a globe.
    I just looked it up, and that's surprising, it's not even the popularly/easily named states.

Jesus ...I can only hope.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    What's interesting is I haven't seen a ton of what I think a lot of us thought would happen, which was folks confusing T'Challa with the actual Black Panther Party. I guess cuz now they have SJWs to blame for this film.
    B/c of DVRs and other such stuff that helps you fast forward through commercials, I have seen a couple of people think the Black Panther movie that was coming is about the Black Panther Party and not superhero related.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Astonishing Member

Oh great, the return to the all white justice league, "Puke" well fortunately I only have like 3 books from DC. I think it's about time I cut them out all together.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Yet Auntie Viv has not asked the weave industry who gets over a billion from our women.

Where was this petition for Hidden Colors, Blade, Moonlight, Dope, Dear White People, Creed and others to do the same?

And in the TECHNICAL sense Disney is doing that if you show at Target who gives back to the communities with your purchases.
    1) You are 100% right
    2) If her career was on life support, this interview might have been the equivalent of her pulling the plug.

They are MAD because its a black character created by whites getting all the attention.
    That's one reason, another reason is black people are actually happy about something that doesn't involve a hotep's latest hustle. Sadly there are some people who do not like black people happy (and positive) including other black people.

Notice they are NOT putting money together to "show" Marvel how it is done by investing in a black created character and doing everything we see with Panther. But that would mean doing WORK and those guys are not looking to do that.
    THIS.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post

The hilarious side effect is that now to “prove” Black Panther isn’t the first black superhero with a movie we have people now admitting that Spawn is black and that they have seen or are aware of Blankman and Metor Man along with Steel.

Bad movies about black superheroes are getting recognized now

I truthfully would be 100% down with someone doing a Batman 66 style team-up featuring Blankman/Other Guy and Meteorman.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    The hilarious side effect is that now to “prove” Black Panther isn’t the first black superhero with a movie we have people now admitting that Spawn is black and that they have seen or are aware of Blankman and Metor Man along with Steel.

Bad movies about black superheroes are getting recognized now
    Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    I truthfully would be 100% down with someone doing a Batman 66 style team-up featuring Blankman/Other Guy and Meteorman.

Uhhm... I feel things wouldn't not have been so... super-y, for even a disabled black superhero even for the '66 treatment. Haha, it would HAVE to be grounded otherwise it would blow over peoples heads like toxic airplane entrails but I mos def see you working.

Wow, just wow, out of the original cinematic live action black big three of Blankman/Other Guy, Meteor Man and STEEL(Spawn)... I'm rocking with... BM&OG (extreme stinkface)? Talk about 3 the hard way. Post Partners In Crime thru Hollywood Shuffle, Robert Townsend wasn't entertaining anymore to me personally.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post

Uhhm... I feel things wouldn't not have been so... super-y, for even a disabled black superhero even for the '66 treatment. Haha, it would HAVE to be grounded otherwise it would blow over peoples heads like toxic airplane entrails but I mos def see you working.

Wow, just wow, out of the original cinematic live action black big three of Blankman/Other Guy, Meteor Man and STEEL(Spawn)... I'm rocking with... BM&OG (extreme stinkface)? Talk about 3 the hard way. Post Partners In Crime thru Hollywood Shuffle, Robert Townsend wasn't entertaining anymore to me personally.
    You know what. Screw it. Mega crossover.

Blank Man and Other Guy, Meteor Man, Black Dynamite.

Write each character true to the film they came from but put place them in New Jack City.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post

Disabled
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Quote Originally Posted by emac1790 View Post
    You had no argument. And you never had.

Parroting what people say to you do not make an argument. Example, "you move goalposts". What goalpost? I said your comment was dumb from the jump. Nothing changed. Your comments are still dumb. Feel free to ignore me because, after this, I'll totally forget you exist.

Also, you don't punt when you kick a field goal toward goalpost. If you're going to use sayings, at least know what you're talking about.
    The implication you might have gotten from the goalpost analogy is that you Emac are so weak at arguing that you can only score a goal by moving the goalposts to within punting distance. Not surprised you didn't get it.

There's still nothing "dumb" about me, a white person, not being aware that some if not all black people SAY that they have trouble with other people touching their hair. I asked and you tried to insult me for no reason germane to the post. Now, if you'd checked my history and saw that I sometimes bait people on this thread to see if they can defend their weak positions, that would be a reason to attack me. A dumb reason, but at least a reason.