Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    Two months for one ($5 per month) on Marvel Unlimited if you put in the code "ROGUE" right now if anyone interested.

Sorry to hear it -- keep your head up and remember that the best revenge is living well.

Probably wouldn't be a bad idea to take a self-defense class these days as well.
    Its easily the best deal in comics

Everytime i talk to someone that is kinda interested on comics but doesnt know where to start, i tell them get MU and go wild

Or go to pub library
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

Everytime i talk to someone that is kinda interested on comics but doesnt know where to start, i tell them get MU and go wild

Or go to pub library
    Driving to the comic book store for back copies of BP, Spider-Miles, and the Ultimates only to find out they didn't have any is why I subscribed in the first place -- I spent more on gas trying to find the books I wanted than I do on my monthly subscription.

And as a fan of different Marvel eras, I like reading a lot of the books I missed the first time around (Young Avengers, New Mutants, NYX, Nextwave, Ultimate Spider-man, etc).

I should gift a few to my cousins and my younger sister -- I think she'd like Moon Girl even more than I do.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 01-01-2017 at 12:56 PM.

Ultimate Member

Driving to the comic book store for back copies of BP, Spider-Miles, and the Ultimates only to find out they didn't have any is why I subscribed in the first place -- I spent more on gas trying to find the books I wanted than I do on my monthly subscription.
    I had to go straight trades with Miles's first series and Ms Marvel.

I found with books mainly from the big two-if you wait, you can get them CHEAP. The harder ones are the Image, Valiant & other company books.

I am pretty much buy floppies of 12 books because at times it's hard to find those back issue later when sales like the last one hit. Especially with No Mercy, Savage Dragon & Motor Crush at Image. MASK & Dirk Gently at IDW. Darkwing Duck at Boom. Reggie at Archie.

All Star Bat Jesus just costs too much.

Or go to pub library
    You got that right. And at first my library cherry picked what they ordered. Now they have expanded. I remember getting Wicked & Divine, Ms Marvel & Morning Glories-the librarian loved them too. At a lot of the libraries the graphic novels they recommend are rarely from DC and the Marvel ones are all the books that seem to get hate here. Everybody loved that Burnside Batgirl run and We Are Robin.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    I had to go straight trades with Miles's first series and Ms Marvel.

I found with books mainly from the big two-if you wait, you can get them CHEAP. The harder ones are the Image, Valiant & other company books.
    Good idea -- I do like having physical copies of the books to take on trips and to use as references.

I ordered a few of the NYX trades off Amazon -- I probably should do that with a few other series too.

Still, I want my $$$ to support Marvel directly as much as possible -- they did their part so now I want to do mine.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    Well today was not good. It never is when I get harassed by anti-semites when I am just walking
    How could they even tell you're Jewish?

On that note, what do readers here think of the more....surreal stories about Moon Knight?
    Last edited by Ragged Maw; 01-02-2017 at 04:36 AM.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

Or go to pub library
    Marvel Unlimited is one of the wonders of the modern age. I stopped buying Marvel comics in 1992 (for financial reasons) and though I have bought some since, I can now catch up on a lot of the stuff I missed.

Astonishing Member

I'll begin with a simple Happy New Year to everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    I applaud Nintendo for how diverse the characters in Pokémon Sun/Moon are but I still wish the character creator was better
    Sun and Moon are indeed super diverse cast-wise. They are a huge step up from Kalos, which was an adequate step up from Gen 5, which was a small step up from all of the other games that came before.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    Maybe Waid wanted to do Champions from the jump but they wanted him to get the teen trio on a Avengers roster first and he had to do that to get to where he wanted. I found that run ok but once Mike's/Sam/Kamala left I went with 'em
    I genuinely enjoyed All-New All-Different, but I too didn't stick with those who remained when the trio chose not too, I freely admit.

At a lot of the libraries the graphic novels they recommend are rarely from DC and the Marvel ones are all the books that seem to get hate here. Everybody loved that Burnside Batgirl run and We Are Robin.
    As someone who loved We Are Robin (along with Robin War), I'm all kinds of pleased to know that they loved We Are Robin over there, too.

We always think we're alone in stuff like that, but it's truly great to realize that we're never as alone as we may think.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 01-02-2017 at 06:03 AM.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ragged Maw View Post

On that note, what do readers here think of the more....surreal stories about Moon Knight?
    I bought the first arc and thought it was pretty decent. But if read the following stories it'll probably be in trade.

Ultimate Member

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/01...from-this-one/

Another store owner don't get it.

Let’s hope Marvel can turn things around in 2017 as all stores need the big two to be leaders, and while DC has stepped up to the plate, Marvel has some major issues to look over when it comes to pricing, content and who’s actually buying their books (and not just posting about how great they are on Tumblr or Twitter, after illegally downloading them).

I hope Marvel sorts things out to help all the struggling comic stores right now.
    It's not Marvel's job to keep you in business. Not when you sell other comic book companies books.

Nobody told you to sell what Target carried at a lower price.

Nobody told you to let X-Men fans chase Inhuman fans out of stores.

Nobody told you to hire Simpsons Comic Book guy.

Nobody told you to BE Simpsons Comic Book Guy

Nobody told you to be a hostile environment for women & POC.

Nobody told you to boycott books you don't like them. In other words nobody has a chance to by it because you refuse to sell it.

Nobody told you to over order Batman who leaves tons of unsold issue while Moon Girl doesn't.

Funny we didn't hear this during DC's down time.

All we have seen is crybaby fest over who is on the cover.

Who want to use bias stats to belittle books that they don't look like them.

Same folks who will cry for Fantastic Four and then not buy the book.

BANNED

Good idea -- I do like having physical copies of the books to take on trips and to use as references.

I ordered a few of the NYX trades off Amazon -- I probably should do that with a few other series too.

Still, I want my $$$ to support Marvel directly as much as possible -- they did their part so now I want to do mine.

Make a pull list at any comic shop physically or online, it garuntees you a copy and that is part of the shops money they send to Marvel/DC

BANNED

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/01...from-this-one/

Another store owner don't get it.

It's not Marvel's job to keep you in business. Not when you sell other comic book companies books.

Nobody told you to sell what Target carried at a lower price.

Nobody told you to let X-Men fans chase Inhuman fans out of stores.

Nobody told you to hire Simpsons Comic Book guy.

Nobody told you to BE Simpsons Comic Book Guy

Nobody told you to be a hostile environment for women & POC.

Nobody told you to boycott books you don't like them. In other words nobody has a chance to by it because you refuse to sell it.

Nobody told you to over order Batman who leaves tons of unsold issue while Moon Girl doesn't.

Funny we didn't hear this during DC's down time.

All we have seen is crybaby fest over who is on the cover.

Who want to use bias stats to belittle books that they don't look like them.

Same folks who will cry for Fantastic Four and then not buy the book.

It's everyone's fault but theirs

Marvel's comics cost too much but excuse me while I stock and try to sell $500 statues

Quote Originally Posted by Ragged Maw View Post

It was the Sabbath and I dressed as I do on the Sabbath, suit and white shirt with a nice yarmulke. Basically like a stereotype of how a jew looks ( only on the Sabbath though). I was on my way to Syngaogue

Ultimate Member

It was the Sabbath and I dressed as I do on the Sabbath, suit and white shirt with a nice yarmulke. Basically like a stereotype of how a jew looks ( only on the Sabbath though). I was on my way to Syngaogue
    I figured that was the case -- there are a lot of parts of L.A. (like Highland and Melrose) where you'll see almost everyone who lives out there wearing a yarmulke. I always assume that something like that can't happen in the "big city" but then you'll read about someone painting a swastika at Adam Yauch's park in Brooklyn or sending threatening letters to mosques in L.A. and realize that it can happen anywhere. Besides, you shouldn't only feel safe in certain parts of America, whether you wear a yarmulke, a hajib, or a turban and that is something that we the people need to address, even if the president-elect won't.

I wasn't joking about taking some self-defense classes -- even the most basic knowledge might help you deal with any unexpected situations.

Some of these Nazis are getting bold, and we need to be ready once Trump takes office.

Mighty Member

Oh. I see. Ironic that assholes get so judgemental of head fashion instead of that which goes on the lower half of the body.
    Last edited by Ragged Maw; 01-02-2017 at 12:54 PM.

BANNED

Since this is about minorities i will say this, i dislike the new ghost rider Robbie Reyes.

And not because he is mexican, hell i am latino myself, but i dislike the history on how he has to take care of his brother and all that, maybe is a case of "no much" but i prefer ghost rider when he is fighting supernatural/devil stuff like in Way and Aaron run, i only liked the first couple of issues because i am a fan of Tradd Moore, the artist after he left i dropped the book and only cameback to read about him when i find out marvel is trying to re-create the F4 line up with him, silk, Cho hulk and X-23 since i like that concept.